Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead EVO vs NEW RT-X 27

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:55 PM
irockdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead EVO vs NEW RT-X 27

Whats the difference between the Warkead EVO and the RT-X 27? they look the same and thier specs are almost the same on tower hobbies. I'm guessing better plastics other than the new body decals and tires and rims. ALSO...please post your Warheads AND your RT-X 27s too. I just wanna know which one to get...I'm going for the Warhead now because the price is less.
(I also emailed Duratrax and i'm still waiting for thier replay to the difference of the two...so if no one tells me here they might.)
Old 03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
davido666

Default RE: Warhead EVO vs NEW RT-X 27

They put on the upgrade metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell. They changed the cv shaft ends so they could put on 17mm hexes and they lower the truck. They put a new body on it and took out the reverse and put the forward only shaft. They put on the truggy tires from the raze. All of these upgrades are good ones that I have done to my warhead. The only thing I have not done is put on the 17mm hex's and truggy tires.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 AM
irockdude

I still like the Warheads ability to go in reverse. I'm goin for the Warhead just for that. i might just upgrade it to the metal spur gear and hardend clutch bell.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
IAmTheDream

I purchase the RT-X 27, you are right on some of the specs but the tires are different from the raze tires. I have both the raze st and rt-x 27 and the tires are more race oriented and narrower than the raze st truggy tires. I bogught another set of rt-x 27 tires and put them on my raze and you get better control and handling.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: irockdude

I still like the Warheads ability to go in reverse. I'm goin for the Warhead just for that. i might just upgrade it to the metal spur gear and hardend clutch bell.
Believe me reverse isnt all that great. Once you get use to not having reverse You'll find your self not driving to places were you will need reverse and make a better driver.
reverse is so hard on the gears.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Believe me reverse isnt all that great. Once you get use to not having reverse You'll find your self not driving to places were you will need reverse and make a better driver.
SHHHHH!!!

That's how we sell MGT's over Savvy's, 'member?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 AM
twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

SHHHHH!!!

You can get savages with reverse also.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

SHHHHH!!!

SO true lol