Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone Own An Aftershock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Elite_Tux487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Own An Aftershock?

How does thing compare size wise to a savage or MGT?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

not sure but it is much bigger than a tmaxx 3.3 and a warhead if that helps?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Elite_Tux487

Lol kinda..Well the T-maxx is 1/10. It is the same size as an lst2 correct?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
irockdude

my pull start broke...on the inside the PLASTIC gears stripped...sooo me and my dad grabed a drill and made a bit the fits into the spin start part..luckly it has the pull/spin...just need to buy a new pull/spin and only use the pull for emergency..sooo it starts up faster than pull. my grandpa is coming this week from idaho and i want to show him my new car...just need to talk some fuel money outta him..lol ALSO i need some tuning tips...all i know from what i learned in the manuel is to tune the low speed you do a pinch test on the fuel line...and for the high speed you just do speed runs til you think its as fast as it will get...right? help me out with this part. thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Elite_Tux487

The pinch test isn't definitive, but it will get you in the close ball park range. For the high speed, yeah just make sure the engine sounds correct while you are doing speed runs. Run it back and forth preferably on asphalt leaning it out 1/8th of a turn each time and when you notice no more performance gains, richen the high speed needle back up 1/8th of a turn.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 PM
jbb

irock dude dont waste ur cash on the pull/spinstart it wont last just get the lst2 spinstart all u need to do is buy this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5977
if u have the spinstart wand put it in the drill and use it
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 PM
irockdude

my dad says we should keep a spin/pull on it "just in case"...i would just buy the cheaper spin only but my dad is buying the spin/pull so it doesnt waste any of MY money...
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
irockdude

Heres another question: I havent tuned my aftershock yet, BUT i noticed as i was breaking it in when ever i put the breaks on the rpms would drop...and if i kept the break on longer than 5 or so seconds the rpms would drop so low that it kills the engine and it just dies. my questions is how do i fix this so it only drops the rpms a little if at all while the breaks are on..i dont wanna have to restart my car every time i break. thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Elite_Tux487

Open up the idle speed a small bit so that when you hit the break it doesn't kill the engine. Also adjust the arms so that when you are not touching the throttle trigger, the throttle arm doesn't move back any further when at full break.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
motodude11

ORIGINAL: Elite_Tux487

Lol kinda..Well the T-maxx is 1/10. It is the same size as an lst2 correct?
wrong the lst2 is the same as the aftershock its just a better version of it with a different stronger motor and different a arms and different size bearings and a couple other differences.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Elite_Tux487

Thats what I was thinking, I may have to pick one up and check it out..
Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
motodude11

i dont know who would have one in our area for you to look at i know lee's toy and hobbies wont have any and neither will c&s. i think the hobby store over in taftville had one but not sure??? I'll take some pics this weekend and post the differences.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Elite_Tux487

Yeah Idk..i just moved to lisbon..not sure whats around here..I'll prolly pick one up online at ultimatehobbies 329 shipped.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
irockdude

I began tuning today with only 2 tanks of gas left...we tuned the high and low and idle and adjusted the brake linkage (very touchy..) and it runs alot more powerful and goes faster and the rpms dont drop anymore when the brake is on...but the main problem is it doesnt shift...sooooo...how do i fix THIS problem? take your time in helping me with this one..i wont be able to run it until i get some more money for fuel and a receiver battery. thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
motodude11

ORIGINAL: Elite_Tux487

Yeah Idk..i just moved to lisbon..not sure whats around here..I'll prolly pick one up online at ultimatehobbies 329 shipped.
just thought you might wanna look at one before you buy Just so you know C&S hobbies is right in jewit city in one of the mills so im assuming it pretty close to you (about 2 minutes from walmart) He has quite a bit of stuff and i believe he has losi parts. As for you irockdude sounds like your engine isnt broken in yet just give it time and it will begin to shift my dads started shifting around the 7-8 tank.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Elite_Tux487

I'll have to check it out...Didn't even know about it. There was another hobby shop called ACME hobbies on icehouse road in jewett city and I looked for it and it appeared to be a run down house? ..lol
Old 05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
irockdude

hey thanks yea i guess i'm not broken in all the way..i'll just continue tuning it and wait for it to shift...i have around 6 tanks in it so far...so it should start shifting soon.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
motodude11

C&S is in an old mill near a drug store, and eastern federal bank. If go to the back of the store and on the left side theres a pretty good selection of traxxas stuff and im pretty sure he has some losi parts. The guy is awesome and a pretty good help just make sure you get the part numbers before you go he organizes everything by part number.

Heres the address and such
C&S Sports and Hobby
39 wedgewood dr
Jewett City, CT 06351
(860) 376-3503
Old 05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
jbb

it should start shifting near the 7th and 8th tank but at first it will be a faint shift
Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
irockdude

yes its finally friday...i'm typing this in the computer class at school...i'm ahead of my work so i have free time in class just to play games and surf the net and listen to music...the best class ever i have 107% A for doing nothing for the past 3 weeks...anyway..lol.. my grandpa got here a couple days ago and we are having a party type thing at my uncles house with him and the whole family..i dont know if i'm invited i hope i am..anyway i'll ask my dad to ask him to buy me some fuel for aftershock and nitro evader st...so who thinks will win in a drag race the nitro evader st or the aftershock...i think this one is a no brainer...AFTERSHOCK all the way! plus I will be driving the aftershock... my dad wants me to give him the evader st but i said he has to by it from me...he drives way slow hes afriad to break it so he never just punches the throttle...so i win already. haha
Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
motodude11

say youll give him the evader for 2 cases of 1 gallon fuel bottles (8 gallons of fuel), that should make it around even $200 some odd dollars of fuel. that should take care of your fuel problem
Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM
irockdude

My grandpa bought me some fuel and a new clutch...i'm having some real bad luck with both my nitros now...my nitro evader suddenly started to act slow and move slow and it takes forever to accelerate and when it is a top speed its only 20mphish...now with my aftershock..it was running great but it kept vaporlocking and overheating cuz it was a fairly hot day so it would run for 10 minutes or less than just die...now the worst problem is my drill broke my aftershocks SPIN start! so BOTH spin and pull are broken so i am screwed...so BOTH my nitros need new parts...soooo i am really dissapointed in how crappy this hobby is being to me...i hope my dad helps me fix these problems soon..or i'm gonna be real bored during the summer...[&:]
Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
jbb

told ya irock lol the pull /spin sucks were u running the body if so do u have holes cut in it are u tuning it at a half a tank are u to lean... all of these is bound to be the problem
Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
irockdude

the aftershock was running great it was fast and powerful, it was just a real hot day. i'd guess it was 90+ and the aftershocks engine is black so it was getting hot with the body off so i put the body on and it runs a couple minutes longer but just dies after 10 minutes. if this persists i'll have to make it more rich. i showed my dad how cheap the pull/spin is and how much cheaper it would be to just get a spin for only $4. so hes considering just getting a spin start. as for the nitro evader...you guys have any solutions? it takes forever to accelerate and is hard to tune..and moves on its own like the clutch is bad but the clutch is brand new...do i need a new piston for it already?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM
motodude11

check the servo settings and that the carb is opening all the way when you hit full throttle other than that i dont know what it would be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.