jbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Own An Aftershock?

richen that baby up irock
Old 06-06-2008, 10:20 AM
irockdude

Ok update: i got a new pull/spin cuz the $6 spin backplate wouldn't fit. too big. sooo i had to fork out more money to get the $20 pull/spin...it works fine now. we finally figured out what was wrong with the nitro evader. the linkage on it was lose and messed up from the last time we adjusted those, and my dad had to tune the idle and the slipper too. so they are both finally running good. all i need to do is mabey tune my high speed and make my aftershock more rich so it will stop vaporlocking. yesterday i ran it and it just finished raining so it was cool, about 70. the aftershock ran longer but still didnt finish a full tank so i'm guessing its still just getting hot so i hope richening it will help with that. if i'm lucky ill get some vids of the aftershock or possibly both nitros running today. hope nothing else breaks, cuz i have NO moneys! [:-]
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
jbb

it will u have to drill bigger holed all i did works fine glad to see u got both of them running happy bashing!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
irockdude

Heres the link to my new vid of my aftershock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QO3_rv7z8c
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM
irockdude

My aftershock only has 5 minute run times...it vaporlocks befor it can finish a tank...but if it did finish it would mabey last 3 minutes more...so how are you guys getting 15 minute run times?! am i still not tuned right? too rich? please tell me what your aftershocks are tuned to by what setting the high low and idle are set to? i'm guessing settings will be different everywhere cuz i live near the moutians at 5000+ ft. elevation. so anyone that high up have an aftershock they want to help me with? other than vaporlocking and only lasting 5 minutes it runs strong and is fast and shifts just fine...please help! [&:]
Old 06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

you need it rich like sloppy rich it should be smoking at the start all the way up to full throttle. If it doenst smoke at idle richen the low and if it doesnt smoke at full richen the high. There should not be a ton of smoke at idle but it should be enough to notice it and it should smoke quite a bit at full throttle enough to smell that nitro burning you shouldnt have any problems after that. Also with aftershocks and other losi trucks with that stupid prime pump it causes a huge air leak (which causes the truck to lean out as you run low on fuel) remove the whole assembly from the tank and take some silicone sealent and plug that hole to help illevaliate that problem. You remove the part on the top by pulling it off and then you take some needle nose pliers and just pull it to remove the rest of the assembly from the inside of the tank.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:10 PM
irockdude

I richened it and it runs cooler and will run thru a full a tank to nearly empty. its running great now...ALSO...this sucks, my pull/spin broke AGAIN! the spin bit we made was to big and it broke it like last time, so we need to buy a roto starter for it. otherwise eveything is great. i'm also in the process of making more vids...i would have today but my batterys died in both reciver and transmitter so tommorow i should have those uploaded. i can finally say HAPPY BASHING!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
motodude11

glad to see someone is enjoying there after shock whenever i take my lst2 out something on the tranny seems to go [:@] o well at least i still got my tmaxx and monsoon running!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:16 AM
jbb

humph thats odd motodude never heard anything about the losi trannys being weak
Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
irockdude

i have video!!!!

Aftershock: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GrWGokdgm_s

All 3 R/Cs i have: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1tfxQi...eature=related
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
motodude11

yea i dont know i got a regular bell coming instead of that pos Ti one.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
irockdude

Nothing much happening now...i have no money to hop-up or fix anything...i'm just bored and wanted to say HI..so..yup. AND i might make a new video on my aftershock in dirt some time this month i hope..matters when my dad fells like taking me to one we found.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
irockdude

Hey i made some more new rc videos so go check out my youtube channel, and dont forget to subcribe!

http://youtube.com/user/irockdudeoo7
Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 PM
motodude11

so i got the lst/aftershock to run today this time i didnt wreck the trannys two speed assembly it was shifting and running great but now something inside the transmission itself has gone out [:@] then again i was popping wheelies like crazy all around the yard!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
motodude11

well its fixed broke one of the pins in the tranny [:@] at least it was an easy fix!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:19 PM
irockdude

I've been making rc videos like crazy! in the last 3 days i've made about 10 rc videos. i plan on taking my aftershock and nitro evader st to a big parking lot i found to drag race with my dad soon.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
irockdude

ok..tryin to keep this thread alive...if its not already dead...ok update: i got a roto start wand tool for my drill so it wont break my spin start like the man made bit...it starts up easier now...its completely broke in...and i have new videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/irockdudeoo7 dont forget to comment and subcribe!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
irockdude

well this thread is officially DEAD....R.I.P. aftershock thread...soooooooooo heres my youtube account if you missed it the last 4 times i posted it here....

http://youtube.com/user/irockdudeoo7

please watch and comment and rate and if you have an account on youtube please SUBCRIBE! thx.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
motodude11

well im waiting till i have some time to fix mine because the steering arm holder thing with the set screw broke, and i dont have any lying around as far as i know.[:@] plus my warhead is still dead [:@][:@], and i havent had any time to do much with my trucks because of work and im getting back into my planes and trying to get them ready to fly.