Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Do you constantly blip your throttle??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Do you constantly blip your throttle??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you constantly blip your throttle??

It is when you move your controller around a lot while driving, on a R/C track.... that's what I've been told.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I have a friend that rows his controller bad. It's funny as H. he looks like he is dancing. I know quite a few video gamers that do it too with the controller. like moving and jerking the controller around helps them or something. Funny stuff.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
binaryterror

The only time I over blip is break in...

break in sucks...argh./
Old 04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

LOL, I have a friend that rows his controller bad. It's funny as H. he looks like he is dancing. I know quite a few video gamers that do it too with the controller. like moving and jerking the controller around helps them or something. Funny stuff.
My dad used to do that...

We used to play Tigerheli on Nintendo (NES 8-bit) and we had joysticks that were suctioned to a piece of wood... for control.... he was NOTORIOUS for ripping off the suction cups because he moved so bad... I used to make fun of him when we played with the regular controllers... he'd always have his tongue out... and row like crazy. I don't think I row... I might, though... never noticed.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to blip, when I used pistol grip. I recently installed a stick radio in my MT2, no moar blipping for me. Only time I do blip is when it's cold and tries to flame out, if I want to go I just slam the throttle forward :P I've also been known to creep along at times, just enough RPM's to get it moving. Usually, it's yank yank yank blip blip vr000000m!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Thai

Yeah that video was pretty damn annoying. lol. I blip when necessary, but nothing like that. Dude's got something wrong with his fingers. lol.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
beakersafreak

2 stokes and high performance 4 strokes load up on fuel at low RPM's and need to be blipped at low RPM'S to burn off fuel before it foul's out plugs or floods the combustion chamber. But the video posted by hilifemt, that guy almost gave me a eplectic seizure with all that constant blipping!! Have you EVER seen a harley sitting at a stop light not blipping? Or a motocross race with all the bikes waiting for the flag to drop?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 AM
beer=food
Banned

Well if you drive 2WD machines on dirt or broken surfaces, bliping, or WOT WOT WOT ing, is a way of keeping the car straight with still keeping alot of pickup power, 4x4's dont need blipping or OWT WOT WOTing so much they just launch, but anything massivly overpowered blipping the throdle can help with control, try WOT with a Baja 5b SS on gravel, ppfftt baja drivers are giggling, LOL, WOT WOT WOT or blipping is pretty much a standard thing, you see it everywhere !
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: beakersafreak

2 stokes and high performance 4 strokes load up on fuel at low RPM's and need to be blipped at low RPM'S to burn off fuel before it foul's out plugs or floods the combustion chamber. But the video posted by hilifemt, that guy almost gave me a eplectic seizure with all that constant blipping!! Have you EVER seen a harley sitting at a stop light not blipping? Or a motocross race with all the bikes waiting for the flag to drop?

It doesn't have to be a high-perf 4-stroke. My 1:1 truck is a 1985 F150 w/ 300CI inline 6, and it will load up with fuel as well. It MIGHT have 150HP left after it's 200,000 miles on the road, but it still loads up. Fuel will pond under the carb, and when the pond overflows, cylinders 3 and 4 get to chug it all down since they're closest. This is worsened if the truck is tilted to the right more than 10ΒΊ or so. Tilting tords the left prevents it, lol.

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Well if you drive 2WD machines on dirt or broken surfaces, bliping, or WOT WOT WOT ing, is a way of keeping the car straight with still keeping alot of pickup power, 4x4's dont need blipping or OWT WOT WOTing so much they just launch, but anything massivly overpowered blipping the throdle can help with control, try WOT with a Baja 5b SS on gravel, ppfftt baja drivers are giggling, LOL, WOT WOT WOT or blipping is pretty much a standard thing, you see it everywhere !

So does only giving about half throttle or loosening the slipper clutch :P
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Art91

Yeah, I have the tendency to blip the throttle a little to much.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
beer=food
Banned

378 half throdle means less launch basicly, full throdle, with these chunky tyre's is alot more take of speed, do you own a 2wd 1/5th beast, there alot heavier than ya standard lightweight nitro trucks ?
There is nothing wrong with blipping, and for those who run there bottom end needle lean a touch, its a great idea to blip, there be some racers here that run like that, for the extra punch out of idle, blipping has its uses, all you guys that dont or never do it, really are behind the 8 ball...........
Watch 2 stroke bikes mountain climb, blip blip blip all the way, why is this, traction and balance, nothing more, good riders, so are you really as good as you think with nitro driving, drive up 100metre sand dunes by anychance ?
I would love to see some of you guys driver there, l recon it's straighten a few of ya views out about it...........
A wot on these dunes = instant hole u r stuck........
lm not going say bugger all about the slipper clutch comment, surely you are joking about that. It is not designed as a traction control system is all l will say.
So being blunt as, your wrong !
Old 05-10-2008, 04:55 AM
ttoks

i used to be a blipper, but both the track i use now are so open you can practically hope it flat stick the whole way around, corners are motorcross style berms so you can carry a LOT of speed through them.

i need to get the RC's going again now it's not nearing the 50 degrees every day (meltdown! meltdown!)