Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

T-Maxx without engine/radio...T-Maxx kit?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-Maxx without engine/radio...T-Maxx kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 03:03 PM
POJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx without engine/radio...T-Maxx kit?

I can't figure out why traxxas wouldn't offer some of their rtr kits as almost rtr without an engine and radio. I like the t-maxx, but I don't like the 2.5 engine nor the radio it comes with and I'm sure many people think the same. Why wouldn't they offer it without an engine and radio? Also, why wouldn't they offer it in a kit form? Seems that if they offered it in a kit form (without engine/radio) it would be cheaper for the company because they wouldn't have to pay people to assemble it. I'm not saying do away with rtr because that is what a lot of people want. I'm just saying that their are also a lot of people out there who would rather have a kit and do some upgrades on it before it's assembled and put the radio/engine of their choice in it.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basicly because the trend towards RTR is all the craze, it allows people of all ages and skill levels to buy a truck and let it rip. I'm sure they did a cost/benifit analysis and the profits lay in RTR. They can barely keep up with demand on the RTR kits as it is, why would they offer anything else that could further hurt their ability to produce a product that keeps consistantly selling out? Like it or not Traxxas is in this game for the profit, not the hobbiest.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:13 AM
maxxdaddy74

If you look at E-bay you will find alot of T-Maxx and SportMaxx for sale without the engine for close to half the retail price and they are in some cases brand new. It seems some people actually like the 2.5 and end up buying the whole RTR truck and remove the engine with all the accessories for about the same price that Traxxas want for just a pullstart engine. I'm thinking about buying a SportMaxx ($319.00 from Tower) and taking the Engine off and putting it on E-Bay ($150.00 on average with acc.). Put the radio system on E-Bay ($40.00). I will end up with a ARR SportMaxx for only $129.00. If Traxxas does come out with a ARR I seriously doubt they can beat that price. Maybe you will try this too. Remember there is always possibilities when you look at things in positive ways.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:38 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

what does ARR stand for?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:01 PM
topdawg516-RCU

almost ready to run
Old 05-08-2003, 12:49 AM
grampi

Originally posted by maxxdaddy74
If you look at E-bay you will find alot of T-Maxx and SportMaxx for sale without the engine for close to half the retail price and they are in some cases brand new. It seems some people actually like the 2.5 and end up buying the whole RTR truck and remove the engine with all the accessories for about the same price that Traxxas want for just a pullstart engine. I'm thinking about buying a SportMaxx ($319.00 from Tower) and taking the Engine off and putting it on E-Bay ($150.00 on average with acc.). Put the radio system on E-Bay ($40.00). I will end up with a ARR SportMaxx for only $129.00. If Traxxas does come out with a ARR I seriously doubt they can beat that price. Maybe you will try this too. Remember there is always possibilities when you look at things in positive ways.
Even $40 for that Traxxas radio is a bit of a stretch. That thing is garbage. It can't cost the company that builds it more than $5 to do so. With all the bad publicity the 2.5's been getting lately, the price on it may start dropping as well.