Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Quick Help Me I Am Gonna Go Crazy!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Quick Help Me I Am Gonna Go Crazy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 07:09 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Help Me I Am Gonna Go Crazy!!!!

ok first of all u should know that i am one of those people that gets mad kinda easily. so i guess i have a short temper and i also know that i need patience for this which is kinda hard since i have had this problem before. ok so for the problem now. ok i broke in my t-maxx and i did that pretty good. then when i tried to run the truck again after the 5th tank which is for tuning i found out that i had a blow glow plug. so i just got that today right and now i have been out in my drive way trying to get the damn thing to run. i can get it started but i don't know like how high or low the idle should be ( i forgot to mention i am kinda a newb at this engine tuning stuff.) anyway ok so it is idling right and then i give it a little throttle and it is ok then i go foward like two feet and it shuts off. i thought i might be running it too rich so i leaned it out a bit maybe too much or too little and it still does the same thing. so i have been out in my driveway for like over an hour and a half trying to make this thing run and i have had no luck. i am thinking maybe i need to start from the factoy carb settings for the 2.5 and i have made the carb needles so out of wack that i need to know those and ui am thinking i should jsut start off from the begining and go very slowly until i learn how to tune and get it right. so please if anyone can either tell me what i need to do witht he carb as is. or can give me the factory carb settings for the trx 2.5 and then tell me what to look for and listen for that would be a big help please help me cause i really want to tear up my front yard asap even though i know this will take some time. later.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:14 PM
POJack

Don't mess with the carb settings just yet. Set them back to factory. If you just replaced the plug, check to make sure you didn't torque it down too much. This will caused the symptoms you described. Loosen it and then tighten it, but don't torque it down real tight, or else there will be a problem with compression. Give that a try.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:17 PM
topdawg516-RCU

do u know what the factory setting are? would it be in the manual? also is there a differece between os A8 and os 8 plugs cause the guy at the shop was like what truck u running i was like a t-maxx and he goes oh ok. and he gave me os 8 plugs. and so i go home and the obviously are shorter than the traxxas plugs would this make a diff?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:29 PM
POJack

HSN setting is 4 turns out (still might be a little too lean). and LSN is flush with the needle housing. The plug might be the problem, but i don't know. If I were you, I would run stock plugs if your hobby shop has them in stock.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:45 PM
topdawg516-RCU

hey when u say flush witht the needle housing do u mean like the inside or like the very outside cirlce thing on?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:55 PM
POJack

the very outside.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default You can get all the factory settings on the Traxxas web site.

They have a trouble shooting page that should help you in getting the stock settings.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:07 PM
topdawg516-RCU

thanks guys. and oh my lhs doesn't stock the traxxas stock plugs i am using os 8 by the way that question was never answered.
also is there a differece between os A8 and os 8 plugs
so is there? cause the plugs tthe guy at my lhs gave me where os 8s like i said well i don't feel like typing it again so just look at my 2nd post and u will see what i am talking about. thanks for the help so far guys later. oh i haven't tried the thing yet casue of the stupid batt for the ez- start is dead and is rechargin but will be done soon so i'll will tell u if that worked thanks for the help. man what a newb like me do without all u guys. this beats going to the lhs cause the guy there is a pr!ck but i have to deal with him. or i can drive like 1 hour and 30 min to a good hobby shop but that takes up most of my day after school. anyways thanks.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default I have used just about every plug out there,

I like the Duratrax silver sport plug. I get them from Tower and I buy 6 or more at a time to save on shipping.
Old 05-10-2003, 02:48 AM
topdawg516-RCU

hey i finally got it running and am in the process of tuning the engine (slowly) but i think i am getting the hang of this tuning thing. thanks for all the help guys. later.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:03 AM
POJack

What was the problem?
Old 05-10-2003, 03:08 AM
topdawg516-RCU

needles were out of whack being the newb that i am i screwed with them so badly. so i put them back to the factory settings, then got the idle needle down and then started to tune the high and low needle with much patience. i actually think that i am getting better at tuning now. thanks for all the help.