Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 PM
rc05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

I bought a micro raminator a while back and have grown tired of it. I wish to buy a new moster truck it can be any power type (nitro or electric) as long as its under 350 and its easy to work on and is durable and goes around 35+mph. NO MINIS PLEASE!!! 1/10 or 1/8 only.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:09 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: help!

there's many options for under 350 but can't really think of any that are best bang for buck then this one here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vZgsFpmBMI
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...66775&CartID=1

there are a few guys on here that love them, use the search tool and look for gt10 sport and you can find a lot of info on them.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Snaut Rocket

Are you racing a bashing.
I assume bashing so for around 350 your going to have to settle with a aftershock or mgt.
thats if you want nitro.
Electric you can probably get the new emaxx for that price.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:18 PM
pythonfan

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Are you racing a bashing.
I assume bashing so for around 350 your going to have to settle with a aftershock or mgt.
thats if you want nitro.
Electric you can probably get the new emaxx for that price.
i was thinking that, but the mgt is still a bit high, unless your talking about the mmgt, and the after shock is a good truck, and can be had for 339. but it has its issues like all of them do, now for electric, either the new emaxx, but with that you have to buy 2 batteries and a charger, and not just 1500mhz pack like 3300mhz if you want any type of run time. the e-savage tho would be my choice for the fact it gives you the batteries and changer, and is faster out of the box.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
rc05

i was thinkin vxl pede for electric and mini mgt for nitro
Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Elite_Tux487

369 for the MGT 4.6se at ultimatehobbies. 329 for the Losi Aftershock at ultimatehobbies.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:51 PM
rc05

my lhs stocks traxxas, hpi, losi, and somtimes ae mts i have heard the aftershock pipe sucks and should get a ht pipe so that turns me off. I have narrowed it down to tmaxx or mini mgt. ohh ya and since it looks like im gettin a nitro i have to get everything i need with one of these trucks.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Snaut Rocket

Just the pipe turns you off.
The ht pipe is 15 dollars at the most on ebay.

And most people on here would tell you to stay away from the tmaxx.
Tmaxx will make you hurt.
lots of good reviews on the mmgt though.
But what ever you choose im sure you will be happy.[sm=regular_smile.gif]
Old 06-14-2008, 06:51 PM
pythonfan

Just the pipe turns you off.
The ht pipe is 15 dollars at the most on ebay.

And most people on here would tell you to stay away from the tmaxx.
Tmaxx will make you hurt.
lots of good reviews on the mmgt though.
But what ever you choose im sure you will be happy.[sm=regular_smile.gif]
i agree with snot, if you buy the t-maxx your gonna be looking at alot more then just 350, i assure you that!

the mmgt is a nice truck, and so is the aftershock, they both have there +'s and -'s. but consider this one is 1/8th and one if 1/10th, also, after shock comes with the better radio gear, and radio. mmgt may not but its been one of fighter in the 10th scale mt area for a while now.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Snaut Rocket

Hey python its Snaut
not Snot for future refrence
Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
pythonfan

Hey python its Snaut
not Snot for future refrence
sorry snot.....i mean snaut

Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with python and snot [sm=tongue_smile.gif] don't get a T-Maxx. I sold my T-Maxx because it constantly broke and bought a 1/8th Raminator, which is the same as the aftershock. It's a MUCH MUCH better truck than the T-Maxx. Also don't let the pipe turn you off of the aftershock, the stock pipe works fine, it's just that the HT pipe gives better peformance. When you're ready for it an HT pipe it's really cheap.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 AM
DS

whats the diference between the mgt 4.60 se and losi mega baja? which is the best between the 2?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 PM
robwiljas

The Mega Baja and the 1/8th Raminator are the same exact vehicle as the Aftershock, except that the Mega Baja has a different body and includes the Losi Spin Start. The 1/8th Raminator has a different body and wheels/tires, and also includes a 2.4Ghz DSM radio with digital servos. The Aftershock and Mega Baja both have an AM radio, although it's a very good one.

The MGT 4.6SE is also a good truck, allthough I have no real experience with it so I can't say much about it. Both the AE and Losi trucks are very tough and make great bashers, so I'm sure you'd be happy with either truck.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 PM
DS

cool what about the savage x 4.6. Got a couple questions, Quick question guys, im looking to either get a mgt 4.6se and the savage x 4.6 i just started looking at, i really like th esavage more. But on the engine does it comes with a pull start? i saw a guy on his savage x4.6 that had a pull start in youtube breaking it in. Now if it doesnt have the pull start, can you use a regular 12volt drill to start it with, without ruining the engine? Becasue i dont have the extra cash to buy a battery and charger so for the time being could you use a ragular 12volt house drill and take the bit from the electric start includded. Also is the savage x 4.6 out of the box a better basher then the mgt 4.6se? Whihc would you rather see me get
Old 06-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

I have 2 of the 1/8th MGT's and my brother has one as well.. For backyard bashing they are great. In my opinion. They are faster than a stock Revo or a Tmaxx. We have friends that run them so we know from first hand. Stock to stock that is.
Also check to see if your local hobby shop has parts. That was a big factory with us. Ours does stock quite a bit of AE parts. As for traxxas stuff, that would be the other 98% of the store..lol..Told me that replacing parts was very often occurance.
But the choice is yours. Here are my .21 MGT with Hummer body and my .28 with stock body..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58126.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	971239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46857.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	971240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56054.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	971241  
Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
DS

my store has ae stuff and traxxas stuff, but way more traxxas then anything. Does that me i should go traxxas, they have tons of traxxas vechicles and parst. So i guess that means traxxas would be best
Old 06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
IL2mSturmovik

I am not a Traxxas fan as durability issues seem to crop up
Old 06-15-2008, 09:08 PM
ericem

Ill bet he will have more problems with a aftershock then a t-maxx guys. To be honest I don't know anyone that owned a aftershock and had better luck then someone who owns a aftershock. Aftershock has a better chassis and drivetrain, but the main problem is it's to heavy (clutch overheats bearings clutch shoes = problems) one ways break, slipper is a ***** for some people to put together properly and setup correctly, 2 speed is finiky and needs to be adjusted evenly since there is TWO adjustments.

IMO MGT best all around as well as savage. I like the MGT because I own it and have owned it for many years and only replaced 1 front hub after hitting a wall.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
rc05

k so i took a trip to the hobby store 2day (wat do you kno the mlst broke again big surprise![:@]) and while i was there i looked at the mgt and asked the guy about the mgt. he said it was a great truck and hge reccomneds it to any1. then i guy walked in with his brand new mega baja and asked the guy to help him break it in and tune it so i naturally went out and watched and became interested.so here i am asking what is the deal with this losi mega baja. (i am still thinkin about the mgt alot)
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
ericem

Oh I noticed your about 1 hour from me. Eh it's your choice. I know my friend had a aftershock, I set it up as best I could (which was well) yet continously down he didn't even get a chance to jump the damn thing. I had a LST clutch was always overheated never impressed with performance. Moved on to a MGT no regrets. I sold my friends aftershock for him to save him some grief, and got him a TT ST-1, he never calls me, that thing he jumps all the time, made a huge ramp. All I recommended to him was a starterbox and he plays with the thing day in day out no problems! Same with my MGT, except I get double the fuel economy with the AE .21 compared to his .28. 10mins verse my 20mins of runtime.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

I agree with fuel economy..lol!!!! My .21 does take a little longer to run out over my .28. However the 28 will run better and has the best torque. That is completely understandable since it is a bigger motor....These are tough, in my opinion, trucks in stock form straight out of the box.
Just remember to follow the breakin procedure to ensure a long life and well running motor.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:08 PM
robwiljas

ORIGINAL: ericem

Ill bet he will have more problems with a aftershock then a t-maxx guys. To be honest I don't know anyone that owned a aftershock and had better luck then someone who owns a aftershock. Aftershock has a better chassis and drivetrain, but the main problem is it's to heavy (clutch overheats bearings clutch shoes = problems) one ways break, slipper is a ***** for some people to put together properly and setup correctly, 2 speed is finiky and needs to be adjusted evenly since there is TWO adjustments.

IMO MGT best all around as well as savage. I like the MGT because I own it and have owned it for many years and only replaced 1 front hub after hitting a wall.
I sold my T-Maxx 3.3 and bought a Raminator which is the same as an aftershock, and I am VERY happy. The Losi is better in every way, and I haven't had any problems with it. The T-Maxx broke constantly. All trucks, no matter what the brand, can have problems, but IMO the T-Maxx has a lot more than the Aftershock.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 AM
DS

can you use a regulaer house 12volt drill to start the savage just take the bit from the rotostart? Becasue i dont have enought then for battry and charger. Also if you can do that then its between the savage 4.6, mgt 4.60se, or mammoth. which one? Im aiming twards the mammoth becasue t suits me better, but if you can yuse a regular 12v drill then i might go savage, or mgt 4.60se
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
rc05

GOOD NEWS i went to my hobby shop again today and ordered me a mgt 4.6se!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (last mgt sold an hour b4 i got there)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.