Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage is front wheel drive only

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage is front wheel drive only

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:03 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage is front wheel drive only

Hey guys. I've got a question for you. I was out driving my Savage around and I noticed that it was having an impossible time getting up a curb, when I went over to check on it I noticed that the rear wheels weren't spinning at all. I pulled it up on the sidewalk and lifted the front wheels off the ground and gave it gas and lo and behold, the rear wheels didn't do anything. I checked to make sure that the rear wheels weren't stripped out or anything. I even picked up the truck and gave it gas and looked at the rear drive shaft and it wasn't moving at all. Anyone have any ideas what give here?

Old 05-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something in the trans or the coupler that link the the brake hub to the trans.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:36 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Default trouble

If you mean drive shaft from tranny to rear diff, and it did not move, then the problem will from the coupler towards the tranny. There is not much that can go wrong. Start with the coupler that ties the dog bone to the tranny. If it spins freely on the tranny, then you lost the little set screw/shaft that holds the cup on. if it is in there and not broke, then the problem lies somewhere inside the tranny. Let us know what you find out.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:41 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think I have figured out what the problem was. I took it to HobbyTown to see if they could help me figure it out, but they weren't much help. I got to looking at it and noticed that the screw that attaches the brake hub to the transmission was gone. Obviously when I replaced the horribly designed HPI brake hub with my new GPM brake hub I forgot to put any thread locker on it and it is now sitting somewhere in my overgrown front yard. And, of course neither Hobby Town nor any of the other LHS's have the freaking screw in stock. So, now I've got to wait at least a week before I can comfortable drive my truck!!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 03:50 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

I thought it might be something simple like that. Like I said, I did not think there could be a whole lot wrong.