Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Bashing Sites in West Los Angeles?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Bashing Sites in West Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Adam T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bashing Sites in West Los Angeles?

I'm getting back into RC after some time off, and I was looking to put my Revo back into action, as well as my nitro helis. Problem is, there appear to be no outdoor dirt tracks in LA, much less west LA! [X(] [:@] [] I guess RE is too expensive around here.

Anyway, I'm looking for good bashing suggestions, like BMX tracks and other areas of opportunity. I'm determined to put the Revo on a track at some point, but I don't know when I'll have time to haul my butt out to Montclair, Ontario, Grand Terrace, or Hemet. After all, I have a wife, kids, and a pretty demanding day job! If anyone has any nice sites that they don't want to publicize, but would be willing to share via PM, I promise not to wreck your fun. [8D]

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
systemlord

Default RE: Bashing Sites in West Los Angeles?

There's an RC airfield in the city of Corona, but can't remember how to get there. Its down a long dirt road where me and my brother would race back and forth, its actually a really nice place to go only if you have current AMA membership for flying that is. There's a really nice paved runway also.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
turboratt

the corona sight is the corona r/c club we would not mind cars out there as long as they please stay off the runway you can find us from our websight coronar/c club .com as for the heli yes we do req current ama plus you have two great tracks in montclair pegasus hobbies and airland hobbies
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM
ozium

I usually go to Griffith Park. There's a lot of open grassy and dirt areas along Riverside Dr. and up Vermont (headed towards the Observatory next to the Greek Theatre).

In Glendale there's Vedugo Park (I've never been there but I heard about a skatepark there).

SV Raceway and Crystal Park Raceway are pretty close by - closer than Montrose anyway.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Adam T

Wow, just did a search for SV Speedway, and WOW! Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about it, and it looks GREAT. And only 30 miles from my house . But as you say, that's better than 60.

Isn't Chrystal Park on road only, located in a hotel parking lot?

Anyway, thanks again. Just the answer I was looking for.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Adam T

Thanks much for this. Sounds like a good idea. I was poking around my local area yesterday and have some possibilities that sound similar. Really would love a place that is jumpable and has interesting dirt terrain.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
ozium

Crystal Park is in the hotel parking lot. When I was there they were running the on-road cars but there is an off road track as well. I found a few local parks in the mid-Wilshire area that look good - I usually check Google Earth for huge grassy areas nearby, then I go there and find out what it is.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:26 PM
SAVAGEBANE

man i thought it was hopeless.
i am looking for places in the area to. i work on wilshire and san vicente and i am wanting to run my truck somewhere. my job takes up most of my day and wife and kids take the rest.
yea verdugo park has a good grass area and a skatepark that is pretty nice.
i am going to try grifith park
Woodley park(google it) is a little north of west la but not far. HUGE grass area. unfortunately no natural jumps. come to think of it there is an r/c airfield over there.

you guys keep posting or pm if there is something new!!! its so hard to find a good off road spot in L.A. most of the MT members live in a far less conjested area. they could easily hit a raw construction lot for some nice bashing. us in L.A. would get a huge fine for that.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Adam T

If you're in Altadena, then SV Speedway should work out pretty well for you. It's in Sun Valley and is apparently the largest dirt track in the state. Going tomorrow with my kids.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
rclynx

Bring an OOzie and pick a spot................I was born there [&o]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
ozium

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEBANE

i work on wilshire and san vicente and i am wanting to run my truck somewhere. my job takes up most of my day and wife and kids take the rest.
Have you checked out Pan Pacific Regoinal Park behind The Grove? I saw it on Google Earth last week but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't SoCal, like, a desert once you leave the city limits? I wish I lived in SoCal...................all that land to bash on.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
ozium

There's a lot of deserts and mountains and beaches but Los Angeles is huge. If you're in the middle of the city (West LA) you have to travel several miles to get out of the city. Luckily there are a lot of parks and recreation areas within the city that make good bashing spots.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
SAVAGEBANE

i had no idea sv speedway was so big .i am definitely going to try it out this weekend.if i have the time to fix a major aitleak on my 4.6 savage. last weekend it just started to run so hot in the middle of the night. it looked like smoke was coming off the top of the engine and it had a hissing sound. i shut it off and havent had a chance to look at it since.

southern cali has alot of different types of places to run r/c... i find that the problem is the noise ordinances.i always get the cops called on me!!!