RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Team associated MGT

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
psudude715

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team associated MGT

I was thinking about purcasing on of these trucks either the 4.6 or the 8.0
Please tell me how they run and if they are worth it!

PLEASE REPLY!!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
pyromania
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Team associated MGT

I have the 4.6 and I love it. I have had it for about 3 months now and nothing has broken expept a steering servo and a spur gear. The engine is very reliable and super easy to tune. the only things I dont like on the 4.6 is the tires that come with it. great basher tire but not good for the track. everything else is just perfect and the truck super easy to work on.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
psudude715

OK thanks i think im going to look into getting that one tthen
Old 08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
twomanytoys

Yes the MGT 4.6 is a great truck. Very tough adn like said above teh tires are bad. They are heavy heavy heavy. If you get the 4.6 the first upgrade should be wheels and tires. I have a few trucks and one of them is the 4.6. My brother inlaw has the 8.0 is its also extremely tough but the bumpers are very weak. If you go with the 8.0 change teh bumpers to the 4.6 style bumpers. I would recommend either the MGT, Losi Aftershock or Savage. All of these are tough.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
ferrariowner123

i love my MGT so much!!!!! its dam near unbreakable, i have the 4.6 MGT (BTW the 4.6 and 8.0 MGTs are very similar the only differences between them are engine, transmison and the radio and a few random things) but on my MGT i have had very little problems, very common things like minor transmison problems that are esayily fixable and preventable. and OF COURSE ITS WORTH IT!!!! in my opinion this one of the tougest trucks on the market (IMHO!!!!!!) i love this thing some much like just yesterday my friend was just jumping his over a fairly steep hill land on his lid and it was fine!!!! the whole time!!!!!!! so i would get the 4.6 if i were you and after a while put some hop ups, upgrades and have some fun with it!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
stafford8.0

8.0 has quality issues and the motor is hard to tune. Go to www.monstergt.com and you will see a the comments about the tuning issues people are having. I have heard nothing but great things about the 4.6! If I had to do it all over I would go with the 4.6. Or get the 8.0 for the beefy trans and sell the motor. That is what i did, i now have a HPI 5.9 from the Savage XL in my MGT.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
ThermalRD

MGT's are nice trucks. I love my 8.0. I have had no issues with it at all. Only downside, it uses alot of fuel. That motor is very thirsty.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Evader ---> MGT

I've heard some stories of bad 8.0 engines. See if your MGT is a newer one that doesn't have the problems if you get one.

I think the 8.0 is the way to go if you can afford it, but otherwise, the 4.6 has been a good truck to us all!