Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Something is wrong

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:22 AM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is wrong

hey everyone, i have a Savage SS with a Mach 427. And when i start it up i let it warm up a little then I pull throttle wide open and i hear the engine reving up but not all the way, but it doesnt move. But then when i push it is get up to speed slowly and then once it gets moving it is fine. But once i put on the brake and let it sit for about 5 sec then pull on the gas it only revs, until i get it moving with my foot.

Can someone tell me what is wrong? THank you
Old 08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Something is wrong

Sounds like a problem with the clutch or drivetrain. What parts can you see moving when you rev it? Clutch, slipper, driveshafts etc...
Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 AM
2fast2slow

i havent looked but once it gets moving it runs like nothing it wrong. So i just dont understand that once
Old 08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
tooslow

You need to start at the clutch and troubleshoot your way down the drivetrain.

First off, take your clutchbell off and have a look at the inside of it as well as the clutch shoes. And I guess, while the clutch bell is off you can check the revs on your engine to see if it behaves as normal when it is disconnected from the drivetrain. If the clutch looks alright, start checking other drivetrain components for damage and/or excessive drag or grittiness...

Otherwise, it is kind of difficult to diagnose the problem over the internet without pictures/ video.

Best of luck!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:12 PM
-SomeGuy-

Check the shoes, pass a little sand paper inside the bell to give your shoes a better surface to grip on. Check the spur, make sure its on tight enough (I run mine as tight as possible), put some thread lock where the nut goes cuz it does tend to get loose while running. Lastly check the brakes, maybe they are staying engaged when you hit the throttle.

If its not one of these things then you need to do a tear down of the diffs and maybe the tranny but I doubt it.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
cswracing

you could have tightened up your brake to where when you gas it the brake is still on enough to make the motor fall flat on its face, try loosening your brake up some..... its worth a shot