Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Force pull start for .26

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 02:38 PM
gearhead22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Force pull start for .26

My pull start broke after a couple of tanks of gas. I was sure not to over extend it but this motor has a lot of compression and it tore the plastic that holds the string right off of the spool. My LHS in their infinite wisdom said they thought a Ofna force pull should work no problem. Well, it worked for 2 starts and then nada. I took it apart, AGAIN, and it work once ran and stopped.
I have not seen the Force engine nut but, I assume it has a deeper nut. It appeared to me that the pull start was spinning around the head of the nut due to a wider flange at the base. I put 3 washers on the shaft of the one way nut and now the head is buried deep in pull and I got great compression again without replacing my one way (another LHS solution).

Just a suggestion, I do not know what the long range results will be. I have heard that this pull start is better than the stock (they all look cheap to me) so I am hoping it will hang in there for longer than the original.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When I had problems with pullstarts I,

Used a socket and an extension with the one-way to make a home made "Yank eliminator" ! It works great but, it can be a pain from time to time because you have to take the barring off after you start the engine and when it's hot it can hurt just a bit! I find picking up the truck and shaking it a few times does the trick! No more worn out arm from pulling on bad tuning days!