Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ebay auctions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 04:49 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay auctions

I get a big laugh looking at Ebay auctions. Especially the ones that claim the Nitro TC3 RTR with no upgrades go 50MPh or all the hop ups on a truely modified TMaxx and it is just stock.

Just had to vent. I thought I found a good deal a couple of times this weekend and then find out they are full of crap. Gotta love it....
Old 05-25-2003, 05:11 PM
clizoman

Default Ebay auctions

lol. i love those people are like "rs4..wow... goes 50mph , and they put somthing like a .15cv in it...lol
Old 05-25-2003, 06:24 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default Ebay auctions

the best is when they say "less then half a gallon through the engine"

yeah right

when ever i look at a package on there i add the cost of a new engine just incase that one is really toast. if its still a good deal and i get a good engine all the better.

some of these people expect to get back every penny they spent on it. they should wise up and only expect half. sometimes even less than half of what they have invested.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:39 PM
POJack

Default Re: Ebay auctions

Originally posted by studysession
I get a big lauch looking at Ebay auctions. Especially the ones that claim the Nitro TC3 RTR with no upgrades go 50MPh or all the hop ups on a truely modified TMaxx and it is just stock.

Just had to vent. I thought I found a good deal a couple of times this weekend and then find out they are full of crap. Gotta love it....
Thats why I don't buy used off of ebay. You never know what your really getting and you don't know who you can trust. Yes, they have feedback, but whats stopping somone from asking their buddies to leave positive feedback for them?
Old 05-25-2003, 10:59 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default Ebay auctions

yeah but how many people know 100's of people willing to give them feedback?
plus if your friend give you 100 positives, it only gives you a feedback rating of 1 to prvent that sort of thing.

i have over 250 feedbacks with a rating of 212. that means 212 different people bought something from me an dleft positive feedback.

i bought my gs storm used on ebay, and it was MORE than what the guys described.
its a scary thing to send someone a few hundred bucks and "hope" they ship it to you, but thats why feedback is important.
i wouldnt buy a $500 car from someone with zero feedback, but i wouldnt hesitate in buying it from someone with 25+ as long as they have been selling high dollar stuff in the past.

im currently looking on ebay for a tc3.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:45 PM
studysession

Default Ebay auctions

Are you looking for a Nitro or electric TC3?

I have a Nitro TC3 and been putting a lot of hop-ups on it. I love it. When you get one you won't be disapointed.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:22 AM
pacoson71
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ebay auctions

I find new in box stuff on E-bay at least a few dollars cheaper than the cheapest stores out there.

Point: (I'm sooooooo happy)

Just bought a H7 pro for 409 delivered!
normal store price anywhere I could find was 439+S&H

Hyper .21 8 port Race 137.51 delivered!
anywhere eles 159$

I love E-bay and Pack good luck with the TC3 I have a Reflex NT with a Mugen MT12 and can't keep on the road it's sooo fast.

I can't afford speeding tickets or fancy cars to do it in but I love my hobby (I do drive a SC400 though hehehe).
Old 05-26-2003, 12:27 AM
studysession

Default Ebay auctions

I buy a lot off Ebay. Just have hard time believing what they say about the nitro motors and stuff.