Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which to buy? Kyosho Giga Crusher vs MFR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which to buy? Kyosho Giga Crusher vs MFR

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 AM
halqassab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which to buy? Kyosho Giga Crusher vs MFR

Hi everyone,
I'm not new to the rc nitro world and owned a few electric cars years ago, I currently only drive my friends XTM XLB buggy and now I'm looking to get a MT and am slightly confused with the options.

First off I live in a part of the world where if I wanted support from a local dealer I have to get a CEN or XLB, NO WAY. Hence, any other MT I take I will need to buy parts for online and wait for shipping.

With that out of the way I figured out the Revo 3.3 is one of the fastest and best that I can get, but for some reason I've always been a fan of Kyosho / Tamiya while I was growing up and into building your own kit.

I saw the Giga Crusher DF and the only downside I see is that tuning has to be done carefully or else you will reduce the life of some parts. On the other hand the new Kyosho MFR looks like a good MT and the electric start system is heaven, but it has a very small engine. The MFR hasn't been in the market for long and the aftermarket for upgrades doesn't exist.

Since we don't have tracks for off-road nitro cars my main purpose will be all round fun, and racing against my friends XLB of course.

I would like to ask for your opinion out there about which Kyosho MT would you get if you were in the same situation with the dealer support as I am? Durability is important and will there be hop ups for the MFR once it's released or will the market demand be too low that it won't be worth it?

Thank you advance for your input everyone and I appreciate your help.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Gustavohw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which to buy? Kyosho Giga Crusher vs MFR

1 Vote for MFR and Revo