Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Is this really bad luck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:41 PM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this really bad luck?

For the past two years and now, I owned many nitro trucks. There was always an issue with those trucks, when I first get them. I am property maintenance everything on them and something always loose like screws and nuts, since coming from the factory (I always thinks they are tighten at the factory, so I don't really check them).

I can still remember that troubles that I have with a CEN Genesis that I use to have, that mostly loved to break and cause me a lot of troubles, that I quickly sold it. I had a Mammoth ST before and that does nothing but breaks and losing screws at every run, fact that I am not rough driving with it. Now my recently purchased nitro truck is the Savage XL, and that runs very good, but it loves to lose screws. I don't think the truck like those screws. The factory never really tightened the screws around the engine components. All of these trucks were maintain property in breaking-in and engine tuning. Just that the fact of screws coming loose on there own that I don't expect that to happened. I remember my Mad Force and Sportmaxx that I use to have and they were perfect, not much troubles occur on them. They had no screw issues But sold them after. I have a MGT that I got long ago, and no screw issues with that. It one of the best trucks I ever own and keeps coming back for me abuse, when I bash it hard.

But is this really bad luck for me? Or did the RC brands sent me a truck like the Savage XL that wasn't manufactured well at the factory? Please don't call me a noob or anything, I have been in RC for a while, since I have building kits, where that I can use locktite and tighten the screws and nuts during building them. I'm use to kits than RTRs. I just don't know it was coming to me, losing screws, never expect that happening.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM
IloveMYxt2

Default RE: Is this really bad luck?

No comment.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mad Racer

For the past two years and now, I owned many nitro trucks. There was always an issue with those trucks, when I first get them. I am property maintenance everything on them and something always loose like screws and nuts, since coming from the factory (I always thinks they are tighten at the factory, so I don't really check them).

I can still remember that troubles that I have with a CEN Genesis that I use to have, that mostly loved to break and cause me a lot of troubles, that I quickly sold it. I had a Mammoth ST before and that does nothing but breaks and losing screws at every run, fact that I am not rough driving with it. Now my recently purchased nitro truck is the Savage XL, and that runs very good, but it loves to lose screws. I don't think the truck like those screws. The factory never really tightened the screws around the engine components. All of these trucks were maintain property in breaking-in and engine tuning. Just that the fact of screws coming loose on there own that I don't expect that to happened. I remember my Mad Force and Sportmaxx that I use to have and they were perfect, not much troubles occur on them. They had no screw issues But sold them after. I have a MGT that I got long ago, and no screw issues with that. It one of the best trucks I ever own and keeps coming back for me abuse, when I bash it hard.

But is this really bad luck for me? Or did the RC brands sent me a truck like the Savage XL that wasn't manufactured well at the factory? Please don't call me a noob or anything, I have been in RC for a while, since I have building kits, where that I can use locktite and tighten the screws and nuts during building them. I'm use to kits than RTRs. I just don't know it was coming to me, losing screws, never expect that happening.
No comment.
Wow IloveMYxt2 you really helped this guy out....

Its a general rule of thumb to go ahead and right out of the box Loc-Tite EVERY metal to Metal screw, the reason is; The engine running makes the chassis and all other parts vibrate...Loosing the Metal to metal screws, With a thread locking agent, you almost eliminate the possibility of loosing a screw.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
GTRice

Yeah, thanks, next time buying RTRs, got to check some screws and applied thread lock before taking them out for a run. This occurs mostly with nitro since like you said, engine vibrating causes some screws to be loosen, but for electric, not really necessary.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
REVO_RACER

ORIGINAL: Mad Racer

Yeah, thanks, next time buying RTRs, got to check some screws and applied thread lock before taking them out for a run. This occurs mostly with nitro since like you said, engine vibrating causes some screws to be loosen, but for electric, not really necessary.
Yea, I had a real bad problem loosing engine screws to the outside world, and stripping spur grears because of that, Now I know to thread lock those Screws [:@].
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 PM
GTRice

Yeah, most of all, I don't lose screws with trucks that are coming in kit form from the factory, since while I'm assembling them, I put thread lock. Works great.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
IloveMYxt2

He said he loctited everything and is not a noob. What is there to say, "yes you have bad luck"? After all I dont even believe in "luck"

I had no comment, implying that hes done all that there is.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:03 PM
GTRice

Either the fact it's bad luck or they sent me a not so welly build MT from the factory, but it don't really matters to me anymore now, got the Savage XL all fixed up, the Mammoth ST had been down for a year now and I'm now using it's muiltiple parts for all sorts of my other RC's, like it's engine, shocks, etc. The only good thing about trucks like these keep having issues is that you can get some good use out of them, especially there parts.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
robwiljas

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

He said he loctited everything and is not a noob. What is there to say, "yes you have bad luck"? After all I dont even believe in "luck"

I had no comment, implying that hes done all that there is.

Then why even post?
Old 10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
IloveMYxt2

To get more posts.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:51 PM
GANGstar305

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

To get more posts.