Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Jumping Assistance, Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumping Assistance, Please

I've been practicing jumping my MLST2 before I start breaking my MGT.

I'm having a problem with some of the bigger jumps I've tried, and I'm wondering if it's a limitation of the vehicle itself.

On fast passes at a couple of my Losi ramps, upon exit from the ramp, the nose just buries itself right in front of the ramp, no matter what I do with the throttle.

On a fast approach, are you supposed to keep the throttle pegged? Or is that the problem? If the throttle is pegged going into the jump, there is no room for corrections in midair, since the stick is already 100%?

I wish I could post some video - I didn't seem to have this problem when I was driving my LHS's Savage X.

To be noted - on medium speed passes, I can keep the nose up until the end of the jump, and on low speed passes, I can land on all 4 easily.

Any ideas?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jumping Assistance, Please

Try hitting it at full throttle but letting off just as it hits the ramp, how does that effect the flight past the ramp?

Also try going up to it at full blast then letting off just before the ramp and pegging it again only after it is on the track.