RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Excell0602

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice

Alright here's the deal:
The TRX 2.5 engine in my T-maxx has lost all compression, and has a large air leak. I was wondering if I should buy a replacement motor or just get an LST2 or similar since they have gone down in price (because of the XXL).

So here are my options:

-Get a new motor. I was thinking a Picco Max .26 red dot. I'm pretty sure this is a direct drop in. Can someone confirm this? However $200 seems a little steep for just a motor. For just a $130 more i could get an aftershock, or for just $240 more a LST2.
-OS .21TM for the same reason, i could get a Aftershock for $30 more...
-any other motor suggestions?

-A new truck:
-LST2: I can get a LST2 for $440. I know this is a good deal, however its a bit steep for my budget. I could pull it off, just.
-Aftershock: $330, I think this may be my best bet (price wise), however I like the LST2 better.
-Any other suggestions?

Alright so I hope this all made sense and I don't sound like a rambling idiot. I know ultimatly the choice is up to me but i was just looking for advie
Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: need advice

Trade your traxxas motor in to traxxas, and i think you get half off on the new motor. 2. Sell the tmaxx as a roller. Part it out and sell the parts on ebay. 3. Just get the new truck and say screw it!

You choose the option