Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT 3.0 weak spots ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 AM
ryansiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 3.0 weak spots ????

I'm planning on getting a MGT 3.0. What are some parts that might be prone to breaking or just weak?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 AM
BigGrump

Default RE: MGT 3.0 weak spots ????

I have the MMGT3 with a big block engine, the Picco .26 Outlaw. I have only broken one front axle shaft from applying the brakes too hard too many times. I drag race and do wheelies all the time and no problems with the drive shafts, diffs or even the rear axles. I cannot believe how tough the truck is. I keep waiting for the rear end area to go bad because of all the long wheelies, in both first gear and second gear.

I do, however, try to apply power smoothly. One thing I do not do is jump the truck there-by avoiding landing on power or with brakes applied, so maybe that is why the drive train is holding up. The truck is a bit narrow, so I use the 1/2 inch ofset proline 40 series wheeles and bow tie tires. Works good in all conditions, especially in high speed wheelies up and down the street. Hard to turn the truck over in turns.

Dennis
Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 AM
lisasguy4ever

I have been running mine stock for about 8 months. I have had nothing break except one of the rear axle stubs when I first got it taking it apart to check allscrews. I got a new one free from AE, they are pretty good about stuff like this. We rumble around all types of terrain, including jumping it alot. I have run it on a dirt bike mx track and jumped the jumps on it . It is a good jumper and easy to control in the air. So I have nothing to tell you about any thing that is weak on it.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

hi, ive only had mine for about 3 months. and the only thing ive needed to replace is the rear bumper bracket. im trying the aluminum one that AE makes for the mmgt. to see if it'll hold up better than the plastic one. oh ive also bent the left rear driveshaft. how i bent it, im clueless,lol. all in all its a great truck and im very happy w/ it. cant wait to put a new engine in. any of you guys have any suggestions on that? what about the lrp z .18 spec 2?