Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to Nitro

Hey, i have never owned a nitro before, so im probably going to buy a Traxxas Revo 3.3 soon. I really do not know that much about nitro rc, so could you guys help me out, i need like a begginers guide to nitro.

If there is a post like this already or a website thats all about how to use a nitro please send me the link.

Thanks,
Damian
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
rclynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Nitro

Never had Nitro [&o] well if you want a starter a REVO is not the place to start. Get something like a in expensive buggy and take some small steps up ward. A lot of people try nitro and never make it because of the commitment thats involved in tuning the engine and what have you. I can say XTM because I'm biased but there are many out there like Matrix and a lot of Ofna or what have you. If your looking to race some time wet your feet on a cheap ride. When your at your local track and you can keep up then go to the high line products.1/8 products stand up a lot better than 1/10 or 1/9 products do.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 AM
rgbintx
My Feedback: (7)

My first nitro was the Revo 3.3. I must say, I did have experience with brushless monster trucks before, so I am used to handling the speed. I jumped right in. I did have probems with meshing issues and the normal issues with the nitro motors. Not many though. If you have experience in driving, not that much of a learning curve. Not to mention, tons of help and opinions.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you, i should have my revo in in about 8-9 days. CANT WAIT!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
benzy2

It will be just fine for a first nitro. The 3.3 is a little picky but it will be just fine. I believe traxxas sends a DVD with the car on tuning and break-in. If it doesn't you can always go on youtube and find traxxas' tuning DVD split into a bunch of clips. I know the instructions will give details on break in and tuning. Just follow them and you will be fine. Nitro isn't too tough. You need to make sure it doesn't lean out too much and you will be set. Enjoy the revo. The good thing about buying traxxas is that parts can be found everywhere.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
madbrad70

The Revo is a gret truck to learn on. Plus it can become a great basher or racer with a few add on parts. If you bought it new, then it will come with a manual. Read it and I think there is a DVD too. Read it a couple times while looking at your Revo. Then go and break in the motor.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Straick

+1 to reading the manual. My first monster truck was also my first nitro. A 2.5 Revo. With what all I threw at it, I'm surprised that it's held up. Just take your time to break it in right. Depending on which way you want to go, race or bash, it can be set up for either.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Jem93

hey guys im also new to nitro, i should b orderin my savage ss kit soon( i love building things) but i just need one peice of advice, for the receiver battery how do i charge it with a normal tamiya plug charger, is there an adapter of some sort...link to this would b great :