Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

RC trucks/cars are toys and for kids

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

RC trucks/cars are toys and for kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Dirtysavage/st-1 guy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC trucks/cars are toys and for kids

Why would a grown man play with them?

Hit me with ur best shot[&o] fire away
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM
domoMKIV

Default RE: RC trucks/cars are toys and for kids

to pick up the chicks, of course.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
FULLYGROWNKID

this HOBBY helps me calm my nerves and relax...its lots of fun and even has some educational value to it.....but my real reason for being involved.....besides the chicks, is the fact that it keeps me from kicking the s**t outta guys who call my $700+ hopped up Savage XL or Redcat Tornado a toy!!!!....its great for almost all ages and regardless if u call it a toy or a recreation...or a hobby.....just call it GOOD CLEAN FUN!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM
The Hedgehog

R/C ARE toys, but they aren't just for kids.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
twomanytoys

These are not toys. Far from toys. Tyco/Nikko is a toy. Little kids should not be using a nitro truck without supervision. And also this is a HOBBY. Nothing like watching a 1/8 scale truck going 45-50mph with such a small 2 stroke engine. Im 36yo and have been doing rc since I was a young teen. Now I have kids and will still do it till im a GROWN ***** man!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is a hobby and it is fun for sure. I have a 7 year old that will be taking his first rc run this sumer with his Rush he rebuilt by himself, with my supervision of course. It is alot of fun and also therapuetic for me as well.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This hobby is very enjoyable and not to mention clean and (sometimes) affordable. Sure when I get the cash, I want to get into 1:1 cars and bikes but R/C is just a way to experience the thrill of racing around at breakneck speed without the risk of dying when you crash (unless you jump your truck into your head going WOT that is). Like it or not, these vehicles are toys; they are just suitable for a higher age level (I'd say anything 12 and over). These last 6 years for me with these vehicles have been so much fun, as well as getting to discuss and mess around here on RCU for the last few years, and meeting fellow racers/ bashers by my area and having fun with them. I've always enjoyed modeling whether it is with trains, planes, or cars; and I hope R/C sticks around and becomes more popular over the years.

Tom.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:30 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Dirtysavage/st-1 guy

Why would a grown ass man play with them?

And how old might you be? I'm not an adult but I don't see anything wrong with adults playing with them. This is a great hobby and I will definitely continue with it until sometime around death. If you decide to stray way from it then go right ahead, but do NOT clog up the forums with your useless threads.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Straick

I'm almost 24. A nitro truck that has been radar gunned at 55 is no toy. I won't even let a kid try my Revo for safety reasons. As was said, the Tycos and all are toys, the ones I have are all hobby grade. One of the beauties of RC cars is that if you trash your RC truck, you still have a full size vehicle that isn't damaged to drive. It also is a much better way to spend my weekends than drinking, which can get you into a lot of legal trouble. Last time I checked, a Nitro RC car was never made for a kid to run unsupervised.
I do have an Evader that I feel safe letting a responsible kid drive, but that's because it's power is still low enough that a kid can't get hurt or burnt off of it. Last time I checked, a toy car didn't start at around 200 bucks for a cheap one. I've spent more on one of my cars that I paid for my full size truck, especially if you add in the money spent to upgrade them to handle the way I want.

P.S. Your initial post here will get a lot of anger towards you.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
redfisher1974

sometimes you get tired of playing with the wife.....
Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
benzy2

The difference between the men and the boys is the size of their toys. All this is is the next step in the bigger more powerful toy. I don't know why its a problem to get enjoyment out of RC. Its all just entertainment of one form or another. It is much more affordable to get into racing/crawling/etc without breaking the bank.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
fabrimacator21

It's the closest you can get to actually driving and racing. For me it reminds me of riding a dirtbike but without the riding part. Theres nothing like getting into a rythm (sp?) on a good track. Bashin is cool to.

I consider my fullsize 88 blazer to be a toy. 35" tires, 6" lift and a hot 355. It's not practical to make it my main driver so it gets to go 4bying when I feel up to it. It's a toy.

"He who dies with the most toys wins"
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

And how old might you be? I'm not an adult but I don't see anything wrong with adults playing with them. This is a great hobby and I will definitely continue with it until sometime around death. If you decide to stray way from it then go right ahead, but do NOT clog up the forums with your useless threads.
+1

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21
"He who dies with the most toys wins"
I'm in on the game, I forget who started that...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Nitro trucks are definitely not for kids.

I prefer them to Dirtbikes and ATVs, mostly because you can drive them as you please without worrying about injuring yourself. This makes them much more versatile to a driver of "normal" skill level. How many people can honestly say that they have jumped a dirtbike over a creek while pulling off a backflip? I've never heard of anyone jumping their house with any motorized vehicles other than R/C cars.

Aside from that, the thrill of driving a vehicle with a power to mass ratio similar to that of a Nitromethane powered dragster is just awesome.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
rclynx

Nitro trucks are definitely not for kids.
Hey I'm still a kid [>:] 61 years young and still a kid kinda scary huh

I kind of think that the guy probably has never been involved with the sport or hobby if you will because
theres a lot more to it than what meets the eyes........either that or he is just being a smart ass [X(]
Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

rc toys are for kids ..hobby grade rc are for grown ups.i wont let a kid drive a hobby grade mt or car that can run around 65mph..unless you (thread starter) are the one hes' gonna hit with my baja 5t ..ill let him drive it. hehe thats my bset shot..
Old 02-18-2009, 12:07 AM
MadManAndrew

Cuz they're fun[8D]!duh!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Cuz they're fun[8D]!duh!
+1lol
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Barber420

I consider all of my stuff to be toys. The dirtbikes I've had, my muddin' truck, my daily driver/weekend racer 1:1 car, boats, atv's, etc... they're all toys. I think this, because they bring me the kind of joy I used to get playing with my toys as a child. I think the OP was just trying to get a rise out of people due to boredom, or he really has no idea what hobby grade RC toys are all about.

Straick, I love to combine drinking on the weekends and RC, by DUIing my RC's!!!! It's great fun to get your buds together, have a few drinks, and then go racing on the track!!! The carnage is awesome and driving RC's drunk is even more fun. Although, you probably can't do that at a public track, hence one of the many reasons I, and my friends, built a private track at my house. It's a good track too, not your typical homemade "track". MOST of us are pretty experienced and skilled drivers too, so DUIing them isn't super crazy. Although, I wouldn't advise driving the large nitros in a buzzed condition as you could really hurt someone.[&:]

As for RC being a great way to get a thrill without risking injury, stop being little girls. I understand if you're 55 or older(bones are starting to get a little brittle) being a little leary of ATV's, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, etc..., but come on. Don't be such sissies. The thrill you get jumping a dirtbike 30 feet high and 50 feet long is WAY WAY WAY more than you're ever going to get driving RC cars! Racing my 1:1 car around a track at 140 mph is WAY WAY better than driving my RC's. Going 40 mph through a 40' mudhole and then jumping 4 feet in my muddin' truck is WAY WAY more fun than driving my RC. RC, however, is a great time filler. You can RC pretty much anytime, but racing, muddin', ridin', etc isn't something you can always do by any means. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE driving my RC's and I drive them all of the time, but they by no means provide the same thrills as the aformentioned activities!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
twomanytoys

Im 36yo and have 2 atv's a 23' boat, mudtruck and many rc's. My atv's are Honda Rincon 650 with 28" tires, lift, winch, snorkle, cdi box and other mods, YFZ 450r with 500 BB kit and many other mods, 23' boat with 310hp 305 motor, thru hull exhaust, 83 Toyota truck W 12" lift, 305 motor, 38" tires, lockers, winch etc. I go to Glamis sand dunes every year to play in the sand and climb nasty hills, take the boat out every weekend in the summer to play on the water and use the rc's on my off time when Im not mudding, boating and what ever else I do to keep me busy. DOes that mean im a kid? I hope so because I dont want to grow up.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
t-max97

i am 11yo and i have a kawasaki atv.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
t-max97

and a gas scooter
Old 02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Barber420

By gas scooter do you mean Go-Ped? Man those things are fun. Used to run around on them in the early '90's when they first came out. I should look into picking up another one actually. It'd be great for running around town on the cheap. It'd be fun to mod one up and get it going 35-40mph!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
rcnitrohead

A little off topic, but I saw this on another forum and it would make a heck of an R/C gasser, and maybe kill a 5B with some mods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fpLr7KEKVc
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Straick

Hey Barber420, I used to run demolition derbies every chance I got. Now there is a one of a kind thrill. But sadly, due to some recent medical issues, I won't be able to any time soon. And the snowmobiles, well, when the sleds you like are around 30 years old, you can run into some real parts issues. I am slowly getting the parts together to fix up my old Polaris, but I won't be able to ride it like I used to, head to head against newer machines.
The only real thrill I have left now is my RC cars, which when I think about it is depressing, but nothing I can do about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.