Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need Help with Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
jrowles91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Batteries

Sorry if I'm double posting but, I've been looking for information for a few hours and can't find a straight forward answer. I am buying two E-maxx (one for me and one for my son) but I need to know about batteries. I have a slight idea that the mah is basically length of allowable draw but i don't know what c means and how to determine the voltage needed. the emaxx 3905 is 16.8 and the 3906 is 14 something? please help if possible! Thanks and sorry again if this has been gone over already.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
EReVoNuT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Help with Batteries

ORIGINAL: jrowles91

Sorry if I'm double posting but, I've been looking for information for a few hours and can't find a straight forward answer. I am buying two E-maxx (one for me and one for my son) but I need to know about batteries. I have a slight idea that the mah is basically length of allowable draw but i don't know what c means and how to determine the voltage needed. the emaxx 3905 is 16.8 and the 3906 is 14 something? please help if possible! Thanks and sorry again if this has been gone over already.

First off what kind of batts are you planning on useing? Nimh or lipo?
This helped me learn alot about batterieswww.batteryuniversity.com/partone-16.htm

Theres a ton of info there.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

1.2 v per cell so a 6 cell battery would be 7.2. I believe the Emaxxes use 2 battery's so you need 2 7.2v 6 cell batteries for a total of 14.4v

The other emaxx probbably uses a 7 cell batteries wich are 8.4 volts. x 2 batteries is 16.8v

MAH is the capacity as you said. I would look for some descent batteries. Dong go broke buying the highest MAH batteries you can find. I would aslo get 2 sets of batteries if you can afford it if you plan on driving together. Also a dual battery charger is nice.

josh
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM
jrowles91

thanks for the info! that really helped actually.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
jrowles91

and from what i've been reading thus far, lipo is a better battery choice so i'll probably be looking in that direction.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
jrowles91

thanksa lot i'll definatley look into it! and your right about the two emaxxes one's 14.4 and the other is 16.8. thanks again!