Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MIP Shiny center CVD - poor design?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MIP Shiny center CVD - poor design?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 12:22 AM
lamp3y3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIP Shiny center CVD - poor design?

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as me with the brake rotor having to much play on the outdrive cup of MIP shiny center CVD and if you found any solution like a different rotor or what have you?

The outdrive cup isnt big enough in diameter for the rotor compared to the stock cup which results in the brakes hanging up. It cost me stripped tranny gear and i think i have a bad clutch now too MIP didnt get it right. They shouldve made the cup bigger for the stock rotor.

I put the plastic shaft back on for the front center drive and now i have to wait for the other parts (clutch and forward only conversion for tranny)

Needless to say MIP gets a very poor rating in this area. Havent had any problems with the left and right cvds though. Be forewarned...
Old 06-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Dlock

I just put a set on my 2.5 and have yet to run it. From the looks of it to me everything is just fine. There was a metal collar that came with my kit that goes in between the outdrive and the stock rotor. This makes it so there is no play at all between the outdrive and the stock rotor. Did you get one of these? Forget to install it? Let us know what happens.....
Old 06-21-2003, 01:31 AM
POJack

Default Re: MIP Shiny center CVD - poor design?

Originally posted by lamp3y3
I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as me with the brake rotor having to much play on the outdrive cup of MIP shiny center CVD and if you found any solution like a different rotor or what have you?

The outdrive cup isnt big enough in diameter for the rotor compared to the stock cup which results in the brakes hanging up. It cost me stripped tranny gear and i think i have a bad clutch now too MIP didnt get it right. They shouldve made the cup bigger for the stock rotor.

I put the plastic shaft back on for the front center drive and now i have to wait for the other parts (clutch and forward only conversion for tranny)

Needless to say MIP gets a very poor rating in this area. Havent had any problems with the left and right cvds though. Be forewarned...
Do you have the 2.5 or the pro 15 maxx? What mip cvds are you using on your truck? They make different MIP CVD's for the 2.5 an the package will say "2.5 Maxx". If you use the old version MIP CVD's on the 2.5 maxx, the same problem you described will be the result. I have the 2.5 cvd's on my maxx and they fit the brake thing that you're talking about perfectly.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:58 PM
lamp3y3

Originally posted by Dlock
I just put a set on my 2.5 and have yet to run it. From the looks of it to me everything is just fine. There was a metal collar that came with my kit that goes in between the outdrive and the stock rotor. This makes it so there is no play at all between the outdrive and the stock rotor. Did you get one of these? Forget to install it? Let us know what happens.....
Yep I have that metal collar. I thought thats what it was for but since it wasnt on the directions it got overlooked I guess Ill just leave the plastic one on for now. Thanks for the feedback.