Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thunder Quake: Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 07:27 PM
erobe12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Quake: Good or Bad?

I recently bought a thunder quake. Being new to the rc truck scene, I thought it was an awesome truck considering it's price and the fact that it's at the top of the Duratrax line-up. HOwever, after doing some research and reading what other people have to say about it, I've found out that people don't seem to be too fond of it and prefer other trucks, such as Tmaxx's or HPI savages to name a few.

I'm just wondering what people think of the Thunder quake. Is it a dud or is it ok. If you have a problem with it, what is it? I'd like to know how my truck compares to others... Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 12:12 PM
347g
My Feedback: (2)

I own 6 different trucks ,two are duratrax, all I hear is how great the t-maxx is , the 2.5 sucks ,hard to tune and keep running and is does break just as often as the rest,I hate mine, the TQ on the other hand runs well, once you tune it , it will start easy and will give you no problems,however it is a little under powered so down the road you might want a better engine I put the ofna 25 in mine and I love it. make sure you give it a once over and tighten all the bolts ,espically the two that hold the first gear on. the best upgrade you can get for the truck is the shaft the the two way bearing runs on Ive replaced on and finally ordered the one from extremercpart and have had no problems,the one other down fall is the axle shafts do bend alittle easy but order a couple from towerhobbies($5) each , or just bend them back

over all this is one of my favorite truck , yes there is a lot of bad reviews on it but I think youll be pleased, and look at the size of it , they look so cool anyways good luck , enjoy it !!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Legendary

Default The only thing that is wrong with it is,

That you cant get any aftermarket parts for it! Other than an engine and pipe and maybe some wheels that's about it! I like the Torq .21! It runs great all the time and it has enough power for me!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:24 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Yeah well put. If it works for you.. then its good!

I'm not hearing that much good stuff about the tmaxx either.

People just buy it to get the chassis.. and change everything.. and I have a problem with paying 300 bucks for a chassis..lol

ram
Old 06-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Legendary

Default How bout it!

I have 2 Maxx's and if I would have known I was going to put this much into them I would have spent the extra cash on a Mad Force or a Titan! I spent as much putting in a .21 and .25 as it would have cost me to get just about another Maxx! They are money pits but, I love em and love to work on them as well so, it is a match for me! Next time it is going to be a Mad Force and of course hop-ups!