RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Wild Dagger ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:02 PM
STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Dagger ESC

hello all ...

i do have an Associated F1 Super w/Reverse .. will it work on my wild dagger or it wont be able to handle 2 motors ?

thank you ..
Old 06-30-2003, 05:52 AM
STI

Default Wild Dagger ESC

any one ?
Old 06-30-2003, 04:41 PM
studysession

Default Wild Dagger ESC

If you are trying to sell something - you would probly get better luck putting it under forsale items instead of Nitro Monster Trucks.

What does a Wild Dagger look like? Do you have pics?
Old 06-30-2003, 08:17 PM
STI

Default Wild Dagger ESC

i am not trying to sell some thing if you can read again i was asking for a technical advice in the monster truck forum and i could find some E-max topics which is Electric truck not Nitro under this forum ...

Old 07-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

Greetings.

I am not sure about your particular ESC, but it should be easy to figure out. If you're running two motors, they will draw twice the current as a single motor. This means that if you run a pair of 18 turn motors, the ESC will see a load that is the same as a single 9 turn motor. Check your ESC's specifications, it should list the lowest turn motor it can safely handle.

I have a Wild Dagger as well, and I'm running a pair of 23 turn motors, with a Novak Rooster (not the Super Rooster). This ESC is only meant to handle a load of a 15 turn motor, but my setup would be like an 11.5 turn motor. However, I have not had any problems yet, but then again I'm running a small cooling fan to blow air across the heatsinks on top. Your mileage may vary.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

Well, I just checked the specs on that ESC of yours. It's only rated to handle a motor down to 16 turns. If you're still running the stock motors that come with the Wild Dagger (27 turns), then you might be able to get away with it, as long as you add a small cooling fan. I'll attach a picture of mine to the message (hopefully I do this correctly.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90844_38931.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	52161  
Old 07-02-2003, 07:02 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

I have a Wild Dagger as well, and I'm running a pair of 23 turn motors, with a Novak Rooster (not the Super Rooster). This ESC is only meant to handle a load of a 15 turn motor, but my setup would be like an 11.5 turn motor. However, I have not had any problems yet, but then again I'm running a small cooling fan to blow air across the heatsinks on top. Your mileage may vary.
how do you like your motors? Do they have good climing ability or more for high speed?? Whats yoru run time?
Old 07-02-2003, 07:40 PM
STI

Default Wild Dagger ESC

hello ...

Orcinus thank you for your information ... i will give it a try and see... i like the fan idea ...

thank you again ...
Old 07-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

well, I've only had my Wild Dagger for about a month actually, and don't have much time lately to go looking for stuff to climb. Found one place that has large hills, but it's all loose topsoil. Even a T-Maxx has trouble getting to the top... And I was running the stock suspension until just a couple days ago when my new shock towers came in, so it didn't have a lot of ground clearance. I would get high-centered frequently when trying to climb rough hills. If you have a Wild Dagger, I really recommend getting shock towers that will allow you to mount some 4 inch shocks instead of the "shocks" that come with the truck (which are nothing more than a steel spring and some rubber tubing for "damping" [yeah right]). I haven't had a chance to run with the new suspension yet, but I'm going camping this weekend in the mountains and there should be plenty of solid hills to climb, I'll let you know how the motors perform. As for top speed, it's a couple miles per hour faster than a stock electric Stampede, but the accelleration is MUCH better. I can get to top speed in less than 1 second. The Stampede takes 3 or 4 seconds to reach top speed. I can't really say what my runtime is right now, because I just got a couple Sanyo 3300's, and my driving since then has been interrupted by one thing or another. Again, I'll let you know once I get some good runs in.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

I look forward to hearing the results of your testing. I really should get a picture of mine up here. I made my own shock mounts a few weeks ago. I had already mounted the 4in shocks a different way but decided to change it again. I basically made aluminum shock mounts that are higher and it bolts right up to the gear box. I also just locked the front differential so now both are locked and it is amazing. I don't drive this on pavement at all so i'm not worried about the extra stress of having the front locked. Oh i also did full bearings last week which i should have done a couple years ago when i got it.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

You've had it for a few years, eh? Could you tell me what parts break most frequently? I've already had both rear body mounts break on my truck, and there's only one plave around here that I know of that sells Tamiya replacement parts. Unfortunately, even they didn't have the parts I needed, so I had to do a repair job on the mounts myself. As for suspension setup, I'll attach a detailed picture of the setup on my truck. Would it be possible for you to post a couple? I'd like to see your truck too.

Name:	91200_38931.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	52162  
Old 07-03-2003, 06:03 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Wild Dagger ESC

True this is the Monster Truck Section.. but seeing that your question is related to ESCs, I'd rather post this in the electric section.

Let me know if youd like this whole thread moved to the electric section so you can get a better audience to look at it.

ram
Old 07-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Rex2342

Default Wild Dagger ESC

Just get an E-maxx esc.They are rated as low as 2 19T(I think) and they handle two battery packs.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
True this is the Monster Truck Section.. but seeing that your question is related to ESCs, I'd rather post this in the electric section.

Let me know if youd like this whole thread moved to the electric section so you can get a better audience to look at it.

ram

That would probably make more sense. As long as the original poster is fine with that, so am I.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:56 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

You've had it for a few years, eh? Could you tell me what parts break most frequently? I've already had both rear body mounts break on my truck, and there's only one plave around here that I know of that sells Tamiya replacement parts. Unfortunately, even they didn't have the parts I needed, so I had to do a repair job on the mounts myself. As for suspension setup, I'll attach a detailed picture of the setup on my truck. Would it be possible for you to post a couple? I'd like to see your truck too.

sure thing, i'll try to take some digital pics today. I am still learning how to post them though, any advice is welcome. As for breakage the original upper shock mounts broke on mine on two different occasions but that was b4 I made my own shock tower from aluminum. Also I broke the part of the chasis that the steering servo connects into. I'll get a picture to show that. I did a temporary fix on that but am developing a fix for that right now. I bash mine on extremem rock crawling so thats why my sterring is under such stress also since I have lifted the truck. How about I email you some pictures and talk more about modifications instead of hogging this whole thread here? PM me with your email addy. unless other people want to hear about it too??
Old 07-04-2003, 02:05 PM
STI

Default Wild Dagger ESC

hello all ...

BUGGIES_R_US thank you ... you got a point .. thank you for the offer i think we are fine here ... Orcinus thank you for the information ... and keep us posted

bylandandair i am interested as well ...

thank you all ...
Old 07-07-2003, 07:25 AM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

sorry i haven't gotten the pics yet, some family was in town so have been busy, I will take some pictures hopefully by tommorow
I've never posted a photo on this forum though, do i need seperate site hosting or can i attach it in my msg?
Old 07-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

you can attach it in your message (limit of 1 pic per message), or have an off-site host and URLs in your message (no limit)
Old 07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
bylandandair

Default test pic dagger

showing off ground clearance

Name:	92115_38986.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	52163  
Old 07-07-2003, 06:39 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

side pic, I have about 3in of ground clearance at the center and a little less at the lowest point.

Name:	92116_38986.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	52164  
Old 07-07-2003, 07:16 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

in this picture you can see my scratch built shocks mounts, i know their ugly. You can also see the raised point where the steering rod connects to the knuckle, I did that with just a long bolt going through and some spacers and a lock nut instead of the stock way.

Name:	92134_38986.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	52165  
Old 07-07-2003, 07:24 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

flexing! i can get just over 4inches out of it.

Name:	92136_38986.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	52166  
Old 07-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

E-hee! I get 5 inches of travel on mine!
that's the box from a T-Maxx rear dual exhaust pipe.

Name:	92258_38931.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	52167  
Old 07-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Orcinus

Default Wild Dagger ESC

I know I promised details about the climbing ability of my Wild Dagger after I got back from camping this past weekend, but I wound up breaking an axle without even running for 5 minutes. Had to go to three different hobby shops before I could find a replacement part for it.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:53 PM
bylandandair

Default Wild Dagger ESC

I'm trying to figure out how you got 5inches, How much ground clearance do you have when your truck is sitting level? We both have 4in shocks but the only differnce I see in our suspension is the mounting points on the suspension arms for the shocks. I think yours are mounted one hole towards the outside from mine, my shocks are mounted on the closest hole which is why it lifted my truck so much but also that might keep me from getting full articulation. What do you think? By the way what other mods have you done to yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.