Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Wow, this section is DEAD...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 PM
phreaktor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, this section is DEAD...

What is the most active RC forum out there for on and off road? RC Groups has it's decent sections, but it's almost as dead as here.... Suggestions?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 AM
HPI_Savage_RC

Default RE: Wow, this section is DEAD...

There are a few vehicle specific forums that are pretty active, but R/C monster trucks as a whole are a dying breed. I don't know what to recommend for a general MT forum, since all of the ones I used to browse are just as dead as this one.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 AM
phreaktor

Beatyourtruck seems pretty active and has great tech info. Thing is, I own a gas boat, 2 T-
Maxxes, an E-Maxx, a nitro motorcycle, a nitro heli, an elec heli, and an on road nitro car...and I run/fly ALL of them. I am really looking for a diverse forum like this, only busy...

I hope this is not a sign that our hobby is dying.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:11 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think all the brand-blind bickering, etc.. kills a lot of forum enthusiasm.. I still have, run, and love my LST2's.. Plan to continue to over the winter too...

Also, there aren't and haven't been too many new MT products of late.. A few electric things maybe, but yeah, if anything will kill RC it'll be overpriced, underloud boring electric RC's.. It's an annoying trend, and yeah, maybe some people are "into" it.. But elo will never generate the broader enthusiasm nitro does.. Too quiet = too boring - regardless of speed.. I've seen quite a few electrics at tracks and an organized bash event recently - and I must say, for me anyway, it's like watching grass grow, or paint dry.. Utterly and completlely lame.. - I'd rather look at a stamp collection..

(Maybe that will generate some activity.. )

The trend of racing over bashing is also bad for MT forums.. I race myself, and have fun with it.. But I still like my MT's, and miss all the bash videos with music, etc.. that people used to make.. , from the likes of SMF, Beaverstick, Redneck Bashers, nitrobashers, etc.. Still waiting for that second wave.. Will require some cool new products I think to get it going..

I think a lot of people were concentrated in 1/8 MT's like five years ago.. But now they've all spread out to electrics, racing, 1/5 gassers, or whatever.. I don't think MT's will "die" - but RC in general is just more diffuse now..

All just my opinion of course...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 AM
HPI_Savage_RC

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I think all the brand-blind bickering, etc.. kills a lot of forum enthusiasm.. I still have, run, and love my LST2's.. Plan to continue to over the winter too...

Also, there aren't and haven't been too many new MT products of late.. A few electric things maybe, but yeah, if anything will kill RC it'll be overpriced, underloud boring electric RC's.. It's an annoying trend, and yeah, maybe some people are ''into'' it.. But elo will never generate the broader enthusiasm nitro does.. Too quiet = too boring - regardless of speed..

The trend of racing over bashing is also bad for MT forums.. I race myself, and have fun with it.. But I still like my MT's, and miss all the bash videos with music, etc.. that people used to make.. , from the likes of SMF, Beaverstick, Redneck Bashers, nitrobashers, etc.. Still waiting for that second wave.. Will require some cool new products I think to get it going..

I think a lot of people were concentrated in 1/8 MT's like five years ago.. But now they've all spread out to electrics, racing, 1/5 gassers, or whatever..

All just my opinion of course...
For once I completely agree with your post.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:46 AM
phreaktor

I'm not just looking for a MT forum, but I hear what you are saying. This forum would be perfect if it just had more hardcore enthusiasts and a better search engine, I guess. You know it's slowing down when the majority of your search results are from '05-'07, LoL....
Old 10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
del1969

Monster trucks have been a mainstay in RC since the early days with the clodbuster and usa-1, even tho they where electric.
The Tmaxx is what started the whole nitro MT in 1999, then came the Savage a year later. Bashing these trucks is just to much fun
for them to vanish.

I think the nitro MT should go back to its roots, which is the smaller trucks like the revo, tmaxx 2.5, but with more power, like a big block .21
Make them more user frinedly, and cheaper.

The thing now is big and bigger, XXL and so on. It is alot of money to spend on a truck, like a losi xxl which I think hurts the hobby.
Even tho I dont care to much for traxxas, when they release the new line of MT trucks with the big-blocks it will revive the market, and it right
around the corner.

The new thing now is the short course trucks and electric, which just do not have the appeal of the bash and crash MT.
That is y the nitro MT will live for ever, because it is pure fun, you can have all bye yourself, in a lot with some ruts and dirt hills,
no need for a buch of racers or a track. Just you and the truck , a gallon of fuel, and some time.

It will not be long and the MT will be back on top
Old 10-09-2009, 01:19 AM
HerrSavage

Well put.. I agree - a lot of this other stuff is just passing trends.. I would LOVE an SC8 to go along with my RC8 and RC8T - but yes, these CORR trucks are a perfect example of a passing trend..

I think there'll be a "renaissance" of MT bashing at some point, with people making crazy vids again, etc.. The point that with MT's you can just go have fun by yourself in a field or parking lot is spot on..

What would be REALLY revolutionary would be a truly robust, 4WD 1/5 gasser Savage for say $750.. Or somehow a new type of gas engine for 1/8's... - less tuning stress, no need for expensive nitro, but with good performance, etc..
Old 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
del1969

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Well put.. I agree - a lot of this other stuff is just passing trends.. I would LOVE an SC8 to go along with my RC8 and RC8T - but yes, these CORR trucks are a perfect example of a passing trend..

I think there'll be a ''renaissance'' of MT bashing at some point, with people making crazy vids again, etc.. The point that with MT's you can just go have fun by yourself in a field or parking lot is spot on..

What would be REALLY revolutionary would be a truly robust, 4WD 1/5 gasser Savage for say $750.. Or somehow a new type of gas engine for 1/8's... - less tuning stress, no need for expensive nitro, but with good performance, etc..

You got that right
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I think people are hurt by this economy right now too. When it picks back up some, I think people will start running a lot more again. Im planning on some more MT videos soon as I have just bought a good used .28 for my MGT(even though the .21 on it is fine), and bought a new ring and pinion gear/shim kit for my savage to fix the rear differential, so they will both be in good running shape within the next 2 weeks or so. And when it quits raining, im planning on some hill climbing with video hopefully.

Sometimes i wish nitro fuel was cheaper, but honestly, ill keep paying it over running electrics. They are just waay too quiet and not nearly as much fun to run IMO. Plus, I kind of like the maintenance of the nitro's more since it requires a little mechanical know how. Not to mention, when you get one tuned perfect, you get a big smile because you know you can take the credit for it when its running awesome[8D]

I also guess thats why I like MT's. I live on a farm, and always run by myself, and I can have lots of fun running the MT's anywhere. Compared to a car that needs smooth terrain to run on. Not to mention you can run in the snow and mud

My MT's arent going anywhere. Ill at least always have one nitro MT i believe. They are just too much fun to be without.

Eric
Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
HerrSavage

Another thing is the weather.. The weather here this year has been particularly bad for RCing in general.. Have heard of people from the southern US to Canada saying the same thing.. Lots of rain, etc.. I was hoping to test some engines yesterday before a truggy race this weekend, but it freakin snowed here yesterday (***?..) , then just pissed down miserable cold rain all day..
Old 10-16-2009, 09:17 AM
KRO

And that is the advantage of the newer generation of electrics , I had a blast running in the snow/rain when I first got my E REVO .

Now that water resistant brushless systems are being released it will only get better . Add the fact that 1/8 B/L system prices are dropping fast (same with batteries) , and fuel/glow plug prices have been rising , I could see nitro taking a backseat too electric but I dont see it dying altogether .

MT's will always be here too , they are the true all terrain vehicles of the R/C world ....
Old 10-16-2009, 10:59 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Why cant you run a nitro in the snow/rain? I never had a problem with it as long as the servos arent in the water, or are waterproofed which is required on the electric vehicles too.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Buy a bag of smallballoonsand cover your electric components, I lived in Germany for two years and never had a problem with myelectricor nitro vehicles. Whether rain or snow, it can be fun once you take preventive measures toavoidyour components from getting wet.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

It's been dead because ThunderbirdJunkie has been away.

Now that he has returned

It will be all better
Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: HPI_Savage_RC

There are a few vehicle specific forums that are pretty active, but R/C monster trucks as a whole are a dying breed.
Uhhh, what?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 AM
dsales

As said a lot of people that I know are switching to electric... And also as said, bigger is better. Most guys will try a few nitros out and then get a gasser which are super reliable and cheaper in the long run so they never have odd issues that need to be posted up to find out a solution.
Also something else ive noticed is that as monster trucks have become more reliable then the posts have also dropped. Now its just mainly random threads and newbs asking same old same old.
We need a new MGT and Savage to get things going again lol
Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
MadManAndrew

Posting links to other forums, especially with the intention of deverting traffic away from RCU, is prohibited. RCU is a business guys, with the intention of making money. I mean, think about it. If you owned a business would you allow customers to come and sit in your lobby and tell everyone that comes in that you'll find better business elsewhere? No. Sorry guys.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

MMA, the point is, we're just discussing other forums. We're not telling people to go to other places.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Posting links to other forums, especially with the intention of deverting traffic away from RCU, is prohibited. RCU is a business guys, with the intention of making money. I mean, think about it. If you owned a business would you allow customers to come and sit in your lobby and tell everyone that comes in that you'll find better business elsewhere? No. Sorry guys.
Wow, thanks for the help with policy

As TBJ stated, there is nothing wrong with this subject.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Good afternoon Reiko! Long time no see!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Straick

Nitro MT's will never die. I still have and run one of the first Revo's to be available(got it a week after it came out). Add to that the fact that I also have added an HPI Nitro MT2 G3.0 to my fleet. I will run electric, but MT's just don't seem right all quiet and such. I'd also like to see an electric MT go through about 2.5 feet of snow without getting stuck. My Revo did it last winter, and is looking forward to it again this winter.
Personnaly, I think that nitro's bash way better than electrics do, simply because your refuel time is seconds, whereas the electrics take a while to refuel(recharge the batteries).
The other thing that is killing the nitro's is the enviro idiots who have tried to tell me that Nitro engines are highly polluting, and that I should switch to electric. Pointed out that over the life of a given nitro engine that's tuned and maintained, it will produce fewer emissions(including production) than are produced by the production and charging of electric batteries, especially LiPo. That's just sad when someone sees a little bit of smoke coming from the muffler on a truck and assumes that it's destroying the atmosphere.
Electric has a place, teaching beginners how to run cars and trucks with fewer things to worry about. Then, once they get the hang of it, switch to nitro. It's a whole new monster. There are people who prefer electric because it is cleaner to run and simpler, but then there are die hard nitro fans(like me) who feel that in order for it to be a MT, it has to make a LOT of noise(Trinity High Flow on OS18TM, loads of power and noise).

The overall biggest threat to the nitro's is actually the government. Ever wonder why a gallon of fuel that used to cost 20 bucks now costs 35 bucks? It's not the economy doing it. It's the government upping the shipping requirements of it because it's explosive(big woop, so is gasoline and people drive around with gallons of that). They are basically trying to steer the hobby the way they want it to go, regardless of what people really want. They have this big push for energy savings, and then make it cheaper to run electrics, which require charging, which ends up using more energy than charging a hump pack, simply because you have to do it so much more often.

Sorry if I digressed, but I finally was able to find out why nitro fuel is now costing so much. Bought a gallon of Trinity Horsepower, and it cost me 35 bucks, where I used to be able to get the same fuel for 20 bucks when I first got my revo.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 AM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: Anomie

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Wow, thanks for the help with policy

As TBJ stated, there is nothing wrong with this subject.
SO anyways, I've had this ice cream bar since I was a child.
(Think I recall Anomie liking Stimpy ref's)

Since the K5.9 is a big POS here at RCU I have my own place to discuss the HPI XL and the "POS" K5.9 and any other car you have for that matter.
I'm a mod at AE and since I own the competition for a monster truck, I figured this would be the place to talk.
But it seems I'm the outcast here with my Savage XL that runs good with the stock engine.

So if you want to talk any RC especially the XL 5.9 without what's hisname spoiling the fun...

Oh, Supertib, the truggy guy.

Anyways, anyone is more than welcome!

http://thebashersplace.myfastforum.org/index.php

Old 11-01-2009, 08:13 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Stupid 5.9s.
*sets them all on fire*
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Straick

Forgot to mention one MAJOR advantage of Nitro over electric. If you overload the nitro engine due to wrong gearing, it just won't run the car worth a snot. Do that with an electric, and you can let the magical blue smoke out, and the electronics are then fried.

I don't have a problem with guys running electric, and I do run an electric Evader, but I prefer the smell and sound of nitro over the lack thereof in electric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.