Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Differencial

Old 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
nitromandh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differencial

Ok. I have a duratrax maximum mt. I love everything about it except for the differential. It has a geared differential. Sometimes the teeth on the gears in the differential fall off, ya, fall off. I wonder if there is any way that I can keep it from doing that. Can I have any help?
I don't want to get a different type of differential unless it is the same price, or just a little more expensive. The one I have now costs about $21.50. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
nitromandh

Default RE: Differencial

Sorry, this is the link to the differential I use.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAEE3&P=7
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: Differencial

I dont know if this is your problem or not, but I've read about Diffs needing "spacers", right from the factory, to make them more efficient and reduce friction? (Basically the gears dont fit properly, so ya need to add or remove spacers to get the gears properly alligned and working smoothly.) Also, some good silicone diff oil might help? Try something thinner than you've been using, to make the diff slip a little more.. (Note: This is all from stuff I've read.. I've not built or tinkered with a gear diff for over 8 years..) So make sure and do some forum "searches" on "differential setup" or "diff rebuild" or something similar, and see if you can find some step by step directions to get ya fixed up!! Good luck!!