RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Outlaw .26 Is alive.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:06 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw .26 Is alive.

So far so good, cept a few mods Ive had to do to get it to mate in my truck!! Ive got 8 breakin tanks so far, and everything is running smooth and cool, no signs of air leaks yet. I must say this sucker has quite a bit of lowend, and a very nice mid range, it also has a very nice responce time INSTANT power, still nothing compared to my 247, though I have not began to fine tune it yet, because my glow starter decided to die(GO FIGURE LOL) But I have no dought that this engine will be MUCH MUCH faster than my 247 I would not quote that yet, but this thing moves pretty good for only running at about 65% power. I will keep adding to this every so often just to let you folks know how it goes.

Any questions just ask!!

**EDIT** Just thought Id add a mugg shot just for grins!!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:21 PM
elway358

Just wait until you get that badboy dialed in. You'll be saying 24who? I had the .247 on mine first before I stuck in the .26. Man what a difference! Tha .26 spanks it, especially on the low end. I stuck the .247 on my Maxx and even though its a lighter truck, my .26 Savage still takes it to school! Picco .26 Outlaw Rocks!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:39 PM
cemeb4dk

I'm breaking mine in also, i have 4 idle tanks thru it and went to start to drive around at 1/2 throttle and my ignitor died also, have to wait to tomorrow...
Old 07-09-2003, 10:45 PM
cemeb4dk

Adeoliver,

What do think of the small handle for the pullstart, Man it tore my hand up, and it keeps falling back under the header so i have to reach in with two fingers and reach it. I just ordered the rotostart for it, and i ordered another backplate so i can use it on my other savage that has the.21 still in it, but i agree the engine sounds strong.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:48 PM
adeoliver

I can understand what your saying, and I hope thats the case, but my 247 aint your run of the mill 247, highly modified and very potent. And just to make one thing clear here, I am more than happy with the 247, it has more power than I need or even use, it also is one of the most reliable engines Ive ever ran so for most the reliability factor is a bigger issue than power to me, now on the other hand I plan to buy a savage in the near future, and more than likely will run the .26 or an RB something or another LOL.
Anyways thanks for the reply!!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 PM
adeoliver

Originally posted by cemeb4dk
Adeoliver,

What do think of the small handle for the pullstart, Man it tore my hand up, and it keeps falling back under the header so i have to reach in with two fingers and reach it. I just ordered the rotostart for it, and i ordered another backplate so i can use it on my other savage that has the.21 still in it, but i agree the engine sounds strong.
LOL um to be honest, the entire pullstart kit on the .26 is the same exact one on my 247, the only difference is the back plates, picco aluminum, xtm plastic!! They are kinda small, but my fingers are use to them, however I made an extention on the xtm pullstart, with some fuel line and a chunk of heat sheild tubing that comes with the TRX cars(the little braided yellow thing) works great in my truck!! As for the picco, I will more than likely buy a hyper .21 pullstart and take the handle and extentions off then put them on the 26.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:06 AM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

where did u get that gas tank?
where is ur reciever, i think i see it but what case did u use for it?
who makes those dif cases and what brand gears u got in em?
is ur tranny stock if not what u got in it?
THANKS
Old 07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
cemeb4dk

Ran my fifth and sixth tanks, started to blip around the street still at 41/2 turn out real rich, but by the second half of the tank when it started to lean out thanks to the savage tank design I could tell this thing is really gonna fly, and i am running so rich after running a whole tank blipping around only at 142 degrees. Can't wait to dial in ....
Old 07-10-2003, 08:06 PM
adeoliver

Originally posted by skydalimit
where did u get that gas tank?
where is ur reciever, i think i see it but what case did u use for it?
who makes those dif cases and what brand gears u got in em?
is ur tranny stock if not what u got in it?
THANKS
The tank is a modified ofna tank, UE sells them with a mounting kit for thier EXT nitro chassis, however I use some old bell crank post's and tapped the tank a bit so they fit snugg, then simply drilled holes in the chassis to mount the tank. Here is were you can pick one up!! Ofna tank.

As for the R123F reciever, its mounted on the other side of the switch, it is in no case just velcrod(sp) to the servo case that the switch is in, and also sealed with clear RTV silicone!!
The diff cases and clamps are GPM, the diff gears are TRX moddified ring and pinion with kippster 7075 aluminum diff cups, TRX spider gears, rubber sealed bearings, and a shim kit.
The tranny is not stock, Im running a strobes 1/8th slipper kit, with a ofna 51 tooth spur gear, blue sealed bearings, ue top shaft, ue 10mm FOC, and dual disc brakes. This is not your average .21 tmaxx with aluminum parts, everything on it is for performance or strength in one way or another, includeing the stock bumpers and mounts.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:43 AM
adeoliver

Well Ive done ran into the o-ring problems, and just swapped the carb with my picco omega. Since the change, my temps dropped a whopping 65+ degrees, its now running between 190-210 with alot of play left to do, but it is running quite well, I still need to adjust the lowspeed and high speed a bit!! But so far the engine is performing beautifully, my only complaint at this moment is Ive snapped 4 clutch springs, 3 brand new ones I bought with the ofna clutch kit, and a old spair I had. Im not sure what the problem is as of yet, but Im glad I decided to run the composite shoes for breakin, instead of my aluminum shoes, cause they'd more that likely be trashed or pretty tore up!! Anyways, Im gonna run the the HS tommarrow, and pick up some more as well as some glow plugs. The funny thing is I havent blown a plug yet, and have ran almost a quart through the engine, BTW Im running a standard TRX plug, so for those that say they are junk, LOL at you... learn to tune a bit better!! Anyways, if things work out Ill take the truck to the track this weekend and get some video of it!! L8R
Old 07-12-2003, 05:13 AM
cemeb4dk

Sorry to hear about the carb issue That sux. No problems here. I'm running the mugen 3 shoe composite and flywheel with a 16t ofna bell and no problems, had to use about 4 or 5 shims tho to make it fit right. My only problem is the pullstart broke, the small spring snapped and the whole thing fell aprt. I talked to a guy today it happened to him and ofna replaced it,

Yeah i got about 10-12 tanks thru it, and still at about 4 turns out and i haven't even reached 200 yet. Will dial it in Sunday we will be racing.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:46 AM
skydalimit

anyone wana sell a good .21 t-maxx engine
mine blew up
Old 07-13-2003, 06:24 PM
adeoliver

Sorry I dont run .21's any more LOL
Old 07-13-2003, 06:48 PM
adeoliver

Well my buddy and I took our trucks up to the RC Pit Stop race track yesterday. His hyper was running realy well, while my outlaw was being a little finicky, my buddy was digging it cause his hyper was eating the outlaw on top end. I was getting readings around 230-240 with no top end still but it had stalled a couple times, so I figured it was time to change fuel line, it helped quite a bit but had to do some more tuneing, after I got it running cooler at about 200-210, it was a solid temp, no jumping back and forth, so I ran a couple tanks like that and planned to dial it in when all of the sudden, my rear end locked up, well one side locked up!! My truck was DOA when it hit the work bench, I found out that one of my diff cup stud screws had wiggled its way out of the loc-tite and the other wiggled its way into the pinion causing it to jam up and ended up cracking the cvd cup!! I thought it was worse than that so I didnt attempt to fix it, besides it was about 7:30 and the shop guy was ready to go home LOL, so I just whatched my buddy blaze his maxx around the track for a few minutes then packed everything up and went home!!
Old 07-13-2003, 07:57 PM
skydalimit

that sux
wanna give away ur t-maxx
e-mail me if u do

IF I BOUGHT A PICCO .26 TODAY WOULD THE CARB PROBLEM BE FIXED

WAS GONA GET A XTM BUT ADEOLIVER SAID IT HAD A PLASTIC BACK PLATE

HOLLY CRAP IVE BEEN TYPIN IN CAPITALS

sorry
Old 07-13-2003, 11:59 PM
cemeb4dk

well i ran my 26 today, and i got bad news. My one way 0bearing cracked in half, and i broke a second pulstart. I had a new pullstart on it ran the first heat and warm up great. Went to go start it for the second heat pull start broke, so I have the rotostart, so i dropped that on, and the gears in the backplate for the roto start just spun, so i took the engine backplate of and its an internal one way, and it was completely in half, has to be a casting failure, so i will be calling ofna Mon A.M. to see what they will do. But before then it ran great a little hard to control, but then i started to adjust my LSN, and it came way to lean from the factory so i richened it up and not as jumpy and easier to control. Will update what ofna has to say.....
Old 07-14-2003, 02:00 AM
skydalimit

that sux
Old 07-14-2003, 03:21 AM
gtxracer7

And you guys wonder why I want a vehicle that can accept a starter box
Old 07-14-2003, 04:47 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i think on the picco 26 its better to change the carb rather than keping the one that goes with it...they said the rotostarts damage a lot of things on the engine...now i am selling mine anybody?but the shaft is missing
Old 07-14-2003, 05:26 AM
adeoliver

Now that realy sux cemeb4dk, the 1-way does look kinda weak, I did a side by side comparison of the xtm and the picco, and the xtm has alot more meat on it to prevent this, it also will not fit the picco engine(its to thick) however it slides right into the back plate but binds up with the crank.

And hey sky there is nothing wrong with the xtms plastic back plate, if anything its better then an aluminum 1 cause it can flex a tad, but realy the only thing it does is support the pullstarter the shaft and the 1-way thats its only purpose and these are in no way hard on it, so more than likely you will destroy your block before you have any problems with this!!