Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

can anyone help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 12:30 AM
ptimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help me out please

im tired of fixing my tmaxx its been broke more than its been ran it all started when the ez start system seemed to be slipping,its like you can here the electric motor going round fast but the engine is going round very slow so i took the engine apart to find the side of the piston chipped and a few scraches in the sleeve with no wrist pin in the bore,i decided to buy a engine rebuild kit but because the old piston and sleeve still had compression i put a spare wrist pin back in it and put it back together,took the ez start apart cleaned it and re greased it put it all back together and it worked good for a few seconds then whent bad again i cant spend any more money on it cos the misses is going mad and ive hardly got any money anyway,if you look about on this forum theres a few posts of mine that will show you how difficult im finding it,please any help would be welcome

p.s can anyone tell me if the little cog comes of the electric motor off the ez start system,cos im not to sure if thats loose
Old 07-13-2003, 12:40 AM
mrpj1972
My Feedback: (8)

ok we can only assume which t-maxx your talking about........ pro .15 or 2.5?? either way if your ez system is turning over at a healthy pace then so should your engine. it sounds like there is definetly something stripped or loose in the ez sysytem. how old is your engine?? if it is fairly new i would definetly send it back to traxxas. i had a pro .15 that had a con-rod break after about a 1/2 gallon of fuel and i called traxxas and told them my problem and they told me to send it in and they replaced the entire piston and sleeve set-up for nothing. it did take about a week or so from the time i shipped until return, but i was very pleased with the immediate response telling me to pack it and ship it, rather than "try doing this......or this......" anyways let us know what maxx you have.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:49 AM
ptimer

sorry its the 2.5 and i bought it off this site secondhand,its in pretty good shape ive not really crashed it before and the last time i looked inside the ez start everything seemed ok ,im not sure if ive cleaned the one way bearing proper but i done it the best i could,i hope you can help i can post pics no problem
Old 07-13-2003, 01:12 AM
ptimer

ive now just figured out that the inside of the ez start motor is spinning round and the rest if it isent moveing not even the metal rod what comes out of the motor what the little cog goes on will this mean i need a new motor ???
Old 07-13-2003, 02:01 PM
mrpj1972
My Feedback: (8)

bingo!! unless you really like the engine, now would be a good time to think of an upgraded engine. the trinity line makes for a good drop in and go set-up.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:40 PM
ptimer

i wish,the problem is ive just bought a rebuild kit and a new carb that cost 110 pounds theres no way i could afford one,unless i could get one off here