Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Newbie with a broken Savage

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:18 AM
Royda30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a broken Savage

The teeth on my Spur Gear are all worn out and I'm still on my first gallan of fuel so my first question is, is there an upgrade or a metal one that I can buy? Also when I went to take the thing apart there were screws missing and loose screws I bought the thing brand new from a walk in store is that something that happens and I'm suppose to maintain .
Old 07-18-2003, 05:43 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

get the delrin gear from gpm
Old 07-18-2003, 11:12 AM
kodiak

Hey,
I am relatively new to this scene and I agree that a spur gear upgrade may help but I have learned that it really shouldn't strip if it's in the right position. I replaced my engine and didn't have it lined up right. Within a couple minutes, nice round smooth gear. Put the factory one back in and ran the heck out of it with an O.S. CV-RX 15 and it still looks nearly new.
Just my 2 cents.

Kodiak
Old 07-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Legendary

Default Re: Newbie with a broken Savage

Originally posted by Royda30
The teeth on my Spur Gear are all worn out and I'm still on my first gallon of fuel so my first question is, is there an upgrade or a metal one that I can buy? Also when I went to take the thing apart there were screws missing and loose screws I bought the thing brand new from a walk in store is that something that happens and I'm suppose to maintain .

Do, you have to have a steel spur gear? Maybe not but, it is one less thing to go wrong if you have one! Your engine can move if you take a hard landing or hit something and if it is plastic it gone and you have to order parts where if it's steel it's still there and only some minor adjustments will be needed! There are some down sides to having a steel spur! If something is wrong with the drive train the tranny gears will be the ones to go insted of the spur but, I would still Get the steel spur gear and yes that is something that you can expect to happen from time to time! As far as screws coming loose that is something that will happen all the time! What you should do is go through the whole truck (Yes, I mean take it apart) and look for broken or worn part then put it back together with some "Lock-tight"! This will save you from some short days of bashing and it is good to see how your truck is built before it is broken!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Royda30

is the the one badboy2 is talking about http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...category=19168
Old 07-18-2003, 05:13 PM
rcblaze

Elway what are talking about upgrading a savage. No don't do that the truck is great. Out the box it can climb a mountian you don't need anything for that truck it's simple the best. lol
Old 07-18-2003, 05:40 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

bcash do you expect anybody to help you in the future if you go around acting like an ass? this forum is to HELP other people not find threads they are replying to and criticise them.

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 05:57 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

http://www.spurtech-engineering.co.uk/products.htm here is one but i dont know if he made some for savage cuz he makes them for the terra crusher and i almost bought it for my tc but i traded it ,if he gets alot of orders he will make them and also he is in the uk
Old 07-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Royda30

Thanks a lot badboy2 and everyone else for your help I found some regular ones that I got for now but I emailed that guy about getting some made