RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage SS, $339.99

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:52 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage SS, $339.99

hey buggies, Ive always wondered this........Is yur name RAM or is that a nickname?
Old 07-27-2003, 02:59 PM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

look at a 1/8 scale buggy.... now add a lift kit to it, put big tires on it.... with a 2 speed... now you have an 60-80 MPh MT.... just because every MT has a tranny case, who needs it? there are other ways of doing things.... just thing if it were starter box friendly, think of the engines you could put in there!!!!!!! How much power you could havve!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Justintoxicated

Default Re: I know what you mean!

Originally posted by Legendary
Your right it like computers you will never be able to keep up with the latest stuff!

Well if you know all the best stuff to buy you can keep up with comptuers with out spending an arm and a leg, just OC the **** out it to be as fast or faster than the newest systems out and when your feeling outa date, but more Overclocking stuff (new $60 CPu and $110 MB for example and OC it to a $500..

Coarse this requires you to be L33T and most people are not

Now if i could find a way to Overclock an RC car that would be something
Old 07-28-2003, 06:20 PM
ShOzz

if you want a buggy made into a monster truck, ofna already has done thatl.

one of there monster trucks is just a converted buggy that screams.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:39 PM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

i know the ofna Dominator.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Chris24Nitro

can u put a three speed tranny in a monster truck to make it go faster without letting up on jumping performance.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
DFF

Yes, it would be call a Mad Force LoL

DFF
Old 07-29-2003, 07:16 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I really wish someone would come out with a conical gear CVT for RC systems. Yes it does involve electronics.. and it'd prolly cost around 500 if it does come out. But heck. think about it.. it can keep your engine at its best RPM range and take it from there.

Best possible acceleration and highest top speed. Best of both worlds!

OK I'll stop dreaming.

Ram (yes it is my real name!)
Old 07-30-2003, 04:04 AM
SpeedDemon-4

That is really cheap
Old 07-30-2003, 12:53 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
I really wish someone would come out with a conical gear CVT for RC systems. Yes it does involve electronics.. and it'd prolly cost around 500 if it does come out. But heck. think about it.. it can keep your engine at its best RPM range and take it from there.

Best possible acceleration and highest top speed. Best of both worlds!

OK I'll stop dreaming.

Ram (yes it is my real name!)
lol, ok. I wish I had a name like that.....but I am stuck with dan. oh well
Old 07-31-2003, 03:41 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

has anyone heard what horsepower the new savage ss .25 makes?
also my bud bought a savage rtr and he rags on how weak my maxx is just like every other savage owner does . yes we do break some parts but parts are cheap . anyway Ive seen him pump the money in his truck. first the wheels are crap they spin the hubs in them. thats about a 60 to 80 dollar upgrade thats a must. Ive seen 2 savages blow up with in 2 months (not to say that the t maxx motors are much better. , they have the same turnbulke probs as a maxx, same too weak springs as a maxx(all though the travel is cool an a savage. anyway not trying to bash on the savage i think its cool but they both have good and the bad and the ugly on them. but I think the ss kit will be cool , I might even get one, but that dont make me converted lol. just cheaper to buy that kit than to build a 21 conversion maxx.
and while I'm at it for the guy whose savage is so good a jumping stairs , we have jump contest at our club and a savage aint won one yet lol I did with my maxx at about 20 feet off a double at our track and I have jumped over 30 feet 8 feet high at the local motocross track with out breaking any thing. savages are to heavy to fly high enough to break anything lol, you cartwheel down stairs I clear them lol. and I might even throw a front flip or back flip in just to make it pretty.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:02 PM
gbarmore

Originally posted by cootertwo
Ya know, if you think about it, it's like computers. You can buy the biggest and best today, and in a month, it's outdated! I got the Maxx when they came out with the 2.5 It lasted about a week, then I put a XTM .18 in it. That lasted about a month, then I got the .21 conversion kit and the 24.7. That is still running, but my God, the money I have tied up in this thing!!!!!! :stupid:

I say cut your losses and sell that Maxx on e-bay then get the Savage SS in August!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Justintoxicated

Originally posted by Hinkles_Hounds
has anyone heard what horsepower the new savage ss .25 makes?
also my bud bought a savage rtr and he rags on how weak my maxx is just like every other savage owner does . yes we do break some parts but parts are cheap . anyway Ive seen him pump the money in his truck. first the wheels are crap they spin the hubs in them. thats about a 60 to 80 dollar upgrade thats a must. Ive seen 2 savages blow up with in 2 months (not to say that the t maxx motors are much better. , they have the same turnbulke probs as a maxx, same too weak springs as a maxx(all though the travel is cool an a savage. anyway not trying to bash on the savage i think its cool but they both have good and the bad and the ugly on them. but I think the ss kit will be cool , I might even get one, but that dont make me converted lol. just cheaper to buy that kit than to build a 21 conversion maxx.
and while I'm at it for the guy whose savage is so good a jumping stairs , we have jump contest at our club and a savage aint won one yet lol I did with my maxx at about 20 feet off a double at our track and I have jumped over 30 feet 8 feet high at the local motocross track with out breaking any thing. savages are to heavy to fly high enough to break anything lol, you cartwheel down stairs I clear them lol. and I might even throw a front flip or back flip in just to make it pretty.
you don't need #60 for rims you can get HB rims for $20 for all 4 or Offset rims for $30 and rid of the problem, even the SS will probably have this problem since they make their stock wheels so soft. Sacage can get air but the stock one dosent have as much speed as the max. IM sure you would be fine with a .26 or .27 though.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Hinkles_Hounds

ya but most people dont find out the wheels are junk til its to late and tires are glued , but you can get a good set of trc tires and wheels from flex-t products for 52 bucks and thats with shipping . I bought the pac mans on wide offset rims and they are preglued they are great. just putting them on is like going down to a 18 clutch bell with out loosing the top end speed they grip and you can run they forward or backward depending on just how much grip you want but both ways get at least twice the grip over stock and they have firm race foam in them too.
My bud just dropped a hyper 21 8 port in his savage . ive not seen it run yet but we race tonight if we dont get rained out . I ll say he will be real quick. our track doesnt really let the maxx's get to use 2nd gear much so the savage does good on the track too.
Im thinking about making a shock tower for my maxx that will let me use the savage shocks , has anyone ever tried that yet?
Old 07-31-2003, 06:49 PM
Justintoxicated

ya but most people dont find out the wheels are junk til its to late and tires are glued , but you can get a good set of trc tires and wheels from flex-t products for 52 bucks and thats with shipping . I bought the pac mans on wide offset rims and they are preglued they are great. just putting them on is like going down to a 18 clutch bell with out loosing the top end speed they grip and you can run they forward or backward depending on just how much grip you want but both ways get at least twice the grip over stock and they have firm race foam in them too.
My bud just dropped a hyper 21 8 port in his savage . ive not seen it run yet but we race tonight if we dont get rained out . I ll say he will be real quick. our track doesnt really let the maxx's get to use 2nd gear much so the savage does good on the track too.
Im thinking about making a shock tower for my maxx that will let me use the savage shocks , has anyone ever tried that yet?
thats true, i did manage to tear one of my tires when removing ti from the stock rims, HOWEVER this post is abotu the savage SS, so you can just chose to pass on the stock rims (I WOULD) and start out with something better $20 for HB rims...maybe some different foams woudl be nice also. I liek the trinity ones, but as far as just correcting the problem its only $20. I doubt you would have any otehr troubles with the SS for some time, assuming the .25 goes over well.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Hinkles_Hounds

are the crome dog bones strong than the stock ones? I know they look cool. and also I wonder if they beefed up the clutch shoes ? my bud said his clutch bell slipped with the hyper 8 port
Old 07-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Justintoxicated

are the crome dog bones strong than the stock ones? I know they look cool. and also I wonder if they beefed up the clutch shoes ? my bud said his clutch bell slipped with the hyper 8 port
Yes they are MUCH stronger. A good clutch replacement is the MIP 2 shoe clutch for the 7.5...its about $20 for the clutch and $45 for all 6 HD bones, the SS kti comes with teh HD bones already. I just ordered the MIP clutch I can't wait to test it out! I havent had any problems witht he stock one though but I plan to eventualy get rid of the stock 21BB