Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

I would have test driven it, but I couldn't find my solder ANYWHERE and I didn't have time to go get some. Tomorrow perhaps?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:49 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

NEED VIDEO!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Dale Gribble

Video of me soldering? Well, if you really want video, ok!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

[:@]

Yes, video of you soldering[&:]
Old 09-18-2010, 11:23 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Ill take video of the truck please
Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Dale Gribble

Well, connectors are soldered but I need the right servo adapter for my steering servo to use the servo saver (tongue twister). It is VERY hard to solder those battery wires (10-12 ga or so) to a Deans connector...
Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Dale Gribble

Ok, here is some video on its maiden run. The truck is FAST and the drivetrain held up to hard throttle repeatedly. The rear diff did fail at around 1min in the video; you will see that it stops wheelies and the front tires baloon up after that. I opened the rear axle up expecting the worst, but fortunately the diff cup was loose. I snugged the diff it back down and the truck is good to go. I even ran it on payment and it is holding together well. I would say the truck is good for 45MPH with 4S.

The Mad Force handles like no other. You have to run it firm to prevent sway. The truck is quite stable and hasn't rolled over once from hard turns. It was my 8 year old son driving and I was behind the camera taping the very amateur video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZk0Fppdt70[/youtube]
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM
DarkFire989

Nice Vid
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Dale Gribble

Thanks! So far, so good. I haven't broken anything else yet.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
steed2-inactive

looks great dale. projects are the best part...and what ever happened to kits and actually building your rc. would help alot of new people get familiar with the rc vehicle they purchase
Old 11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

So, I have gotten away from Nitro quite a bit. I love it, but I just don't have a lot of open places to run nitros where the noise doesn't attract unwanted visitors... After running brushless/lipo setups for a while, I decided that it was time to convert one of my oldies to brushless...

See, I built some really awesome brushless trucks for my boys. My oldest has an older 3906 E-Maxx with a TON of stuff... Full 16.8V spec diffs/driveshafts, plastics, etc., RPM true track rear end, full RPM arms, RPM chassis braces, FLM chassis and braces, big bores, Novak HV-Pro 6.5 w/4S 30C pack, Gorilla Maxx single speed conversion and a few more goodies...

My youngest has an E-Savage with FLM extended chassis, GST shocks, HV-Maxx system w/6.5. He runs a single 2S 30C lipo... The older HV-Maxx wasn't able to handle 4S, but it is plenty quick with the 2S to be honest. I will probably put a 3S in it soon.

This whole time, I have been running a 1/16 Traxxas Rash (Slash body with Revo suspension) with the boys. I have been running anywhere from 2S-4S setups with this truck. 2S is more than enough for the truck. I usually put 2 2S packs in the truck and only run 1 2S at a time- the other is just for more weight to help plant the truck.

While the 1/16 Rash is a sight to behold in terms of outright speed and acceleration, it floats on the surface and gets bounced around like crazy in any kind of terrain. When my kids ran the rash over with their trucks, it always resulted in broken a-arms (until I got RPMs).

So, enter the new project...

Some good lookin trucks you got there in your stable. 2 thumbs up from me.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
wolfie1

sparky25 i see that ur intending fitting an lrp30 into ur madforce, i have 1 a madforce project lying around that i bought from ebay a while back with a toasted engine, well i have been having a bit of a problem findind an engine with the right length output shaft to fit the madforce 3 speed clutchbell onto, i was just wondering how you were going to overcome this with an lrp30
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
sparky 25

Hey wolfie, you do not get a nitro engine with the correct length pilot shaft for the madforce 3 speed,

so i fitted this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYOSHO-BELL-GU...item1c162b4533 to the end of the lrp30 pilot shaft,

and rather than buying the expensive kyosho madforce engine mount i fitted a mta4 engine mount and used this exact flywheel
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANSMANN-RACING...item3361613ca0

this setup allows the lrp30 to fit perfect but the kyosho bell guide had to be trimmed about 2mm off the end,

i have already run my 2 inch extended and lowered madforce and it flies with the lrp30 in it.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:46 PM
wolfie1

ok, i was coming to a different answer to the problem i was going to cut the crank in another engine so it was the same length as the crank in the original madforce engine, i also noticed hobao makes an engine which looks like its the same length as the madforce engine, thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 02:06 PM
sparky 25

That will work aswell as that is what i have done before an a new xtm457 fitted to my old madforce kit,

the only downside is that the engine cannot be easily swapped onto another rc with out having buying another stock size screw on type pilot shaft,

if fitting an aftermarket engine in a madforce the setup i run works perfect and allows for the alloy brace across the back of the engine to remain in place,

unless you buy all kyosho parts, to do the conversion as the madforce special engine mount comes with a smaller diameter behind engine brace to replace the original thicker one,

il try posting up some pics of my conversion soon as they would not upload for me earlier.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Dale Gribble

I cut the crankshafts from my Axial 28's to fit my Kyosho Giga Crusher. Wasn't the best idea, I would have rather done what Sparky25 did.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM
sparky 25

the pics of my madforce,

when i got the truck it was stinking with spilled nitro fuel and dirt,

after a complete tear down, clean and rebuild of every part on the truck im pleased with what i have got.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:08 PM
wolfie1

what a difference in the first 2 pics! mine is missing that bar behind the engine and the 1 half way along the wheelie bar, hmm i might just go down ur route sparky25 i have an f4.6 to install into it cause the kyosho engine i got with the car i said it was toasted but is missing the pull starter and 1 way bearing as well and dont want to sink money into an engine that possibilly doesnt run, i can say the car was def not what was advertised, supposedly it run!