RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Cen MT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1832564-cen-mt.html)

Element 05-23-2004 02:39 PM

RE: Cen MT

Mine goes right around the 46mph range.The only problem I have had with my suspension is the shock poped off the ball but a easy snap back in place and your ready to go again.

Now I have never attempted a 20ft jump but this is what I have done.
I built a table top at the bottom of my hill in the backyard its about 3 ft High.I was going down the hill and hitting the jump.I was getting about 6ft in the air.There is a little stream behind my backyard.I came down the hill hit the table top perfect but landed with the front wheels down a little to low I kart wheeled into the stream and landed up side down.the throttle got caught so water was spewing every where.I ran down and threw the truck onto the bank.I Took it into my shop and cleaned it up.No broken part no fried electronics.I was lucky but hat goes to show how durable the truck is.

mecky33 05-26-2004 02:02 PM

I have taken about eight foot jumps from a field into a parking lot and it help up to that. I have also crashed, rolled, and jumped my truck so much its rediculous. Its a very durable truck and the only things that I have broken have been my own fault. the Cen is a good truck plain and simple.

chubbydog 06-22-2004 10:19 PM

What is the difference between the cen mt and the cen mt-2 other than the paint job on the bodies

Sweetshoes90210 06-22-2004 10:26 PM

Exactly the same except the bodys and date released. :D

I recomend the CEN MT-2. He wont regret it.

T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2 06-22-2004 11:06 PM

yeah it's a good truck i recomed it also, by the way I leaned mine out a bit and got it clocked at 47.8mph.

Sweetshoes90210 06-23-2004 10:03 AM

I clocked mine at 48.2 (it has alot of new parts...)

bonified5 06-23-2004 10:44 AM

I drove my mt2 full speed into a curb when I was trying to hit a jump but missed.:eek: The only thing that broke was my futaba throttle servo.

gofaster72 06-23-2004 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you don't like the paint job, pull the decals and do your own thing. I've hit curbs, rolled, flipped and drove over parking space markers and haven't broken anything, yet. Probably need to do the diff mod before I tear up the diff cups.

gofaster72 07-01-2004 02:57 PM

Too late, split one side off of the right front on a curb. Ordered a pair of replacements from OffShore Electrics on Saturday night and they were in the mail box tuesday afternoon. Great service. Now I need to do the reinforcement to them before they get installed.

don-boydo 05-07-2007 06:09 AM

i thought the mt was the 2wd one ant the mt2 was 4wd? mine took a beating b4 it finaly croaked it. hit a jump flat out ant the brake failed so it went all wrong in the air. have to say i was hard on it. can someone tell me how to modify the diffcups?

[email protected] 05-07-2007 01:37 PM

I have the cen MT2 and it's ok. I did the diff cup mod and have not broke one since then, but I have broke a lot of parts, 4 spur gears shock suport brakets, shocks, tie rods and the list just keeps going. I replaced the engine with the O.S .18 and it is sick. I can't control it top end I have no clue how fast it is but I tell you this if I crash at full speed I break something. If I punch it from a stand still it's out of sight in like 6 seconds. I don't take it out much cuz I break something every time, I only pull it out to wow someone if need be. I run my MGT and savage X all the time it's just more fun to bash and not break something. I would not have bought the mt2 if I new it would be such a PITA with getting parts and fixing all the time. If you have the MT2 and do a engine upgrade get the O.S .18 cv-r it is awesome!

[email protected] 05-07-2007 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
he is some picks

derrick05 05-13-2007 07:51 AM

If you want to buy$300.00 worth of upgrades then buy CEN.If you want your moneys worth then buy a savageX.

CrazyMento 05-13-2007 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: derrick05

If you want to buy$300.00 worth of upgrades then buy CEN.If you want your moneys worth then buy a savageX.
wow..i cant believe you are still complainting. I read your posts in the CEN forum and i must say that you are lucky CEN even try to work with you. You ran 4.5 gallon through a engine and also got dirts in it. Now you start talking smack about CEN everywhere because they wont warranty it for you? DOnt you think tis a little too ridiculous?