RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   ! ! . : T N X wins RCCA Monster Madness : . ! ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/2092185-t-n-x-wins-rcca-monster-madness.html)

RushRC 08-17-2004 09:04 PM

RE: ! ! . : T N X wins RCCA Monster Madness : . ! !

Way to go Tamiya!!:D

RushRC 08-17-2004 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: R6racer2

There are so many Traxxas fanboys out there...thats embarrasing. Seriously, just because you own something doesnt make it the best, just accept that there may be a product out there that is better.

The suspension on the Revo ISNT new technology, yet people love to make that a reason why the Revo is sooo great (new technology). The XTM X-Factor has pushrods, and cantalevers connected to shocks too..whoopdy doo.
True here is a picture of a Veteq 2001 model
http://www.rushrc.com/images/used/Veteq08.jpg

Notice the shocks same front and rear

The Boss 08-17-2004 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RushRC

ORIGINAL: R6racer2

There are so many Traxxas fanboys out there...thats embarrasing. Seriously, just because you own something doesnt make it the best, just accept that there may be a product out there that is better.

The suspension on the Revo ISNT new technology, yet people love to make that a reason why the Revo is sooo great (new technology). The XTM X-Factor has pushrods, and cantalevers connected to shocks too..whoopdy doo.
True here is a picture of a Veteq 2001 model
http://www.rushrc.com/images/used/Veteq08.jpg

Notice the shocks same front and rear
That is an EXCELLENT! pic, it CLEARLY shows what I have been saying from day one, Traxxas COPYED there suspension from on road cars, maybe the Revo was designed as an ON ROAD TRUCK!!!:D

remten2001 08-18-2004 11:00 AM

Well i think its revolutinary cause they ar the first who brought that design to monster trucks..I really like the design of the revo i find it to be more appealing than the tnx for some reasons...But i am a tnx owner as well and i am just happy for tamiya...

repete 08-18-2004 11:20 AM

maybe Traxxas should have made something fast..instead of look cool

tamiya08 08-18-2004 12:13 PM

yea this revo vs. tnx stuff is like mustang vs. camaro except it wont go on for decades

twisted 08-18-2004 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: wizen2002

Well i think its revolutinary cause they ar the first who brought that design to monster trucks..I really like the design of the revo i find it to be more appealing than the tnx for some reasons...But i am a tnx owner as well and i am just happy for tamiya...
traxxas didnt bring that suspension to monster trucks, lol. look at all the clod busters with after market suspension.heck look at the txt-1 and the tlt-1. both have cantilevers (the real name traxxas should of used). i have no problem with using an excisting design,but man dont say you came up with it.

remten2001 08-18-2004 04:13 PM

i have no problem with using an excisting design,but man dont say you came up with it.
LOL Agree 100%

Haldir 08-18-2004 04:35 PM

The TNX is the superior racing machine, no doubt.

RedDawg303 08-18-2004 06:04 PM

okay ya so there are a couple of other vehicle with the f1 suspension, so does that make it worse? its still very original, every other monster truck out there somewhat based on the t-maxx. i still dont see why people have to hate the revo so much and try to find anyway they can to put it down and make their truck look better, and then when someone sticks for traxxas, they suddenly because an obbsesive traxxas fanboy who deserves to die. im sure that the os .18 thats in the tnx puts out more torque then the trx2.5r, and we all know how important torque is in mt racing, but im sure if there were two more revo drivers out there then they would win all the time. every race slaydan at leat gets a podium finish.

maybe Traxxas should have made something fast..instead of look cool
so i guess the revo isnt fast. even though slayden manges to get a podium finish in almost every race, so 40mph isnt fast enough for a 1/10 monster truck, the tnx is just as fast.

fhm101 08-18-2004 06:46 PM

Not trying to start anything here, and those that know me also know I'm very much into light weight production class MT racing and race a maxx based Pro Hobby truck. First off, the TNX has tons of potential, but if you can find a topless shot of the truck(s) being run by the two factory guys, take a minute to really look at it. Even better, put it next to a pic of a stock TNX. I think you will find that these trucks are a very modified version of the original. This is where the above statement about the TNX having potential comes in. Either truck OTB stock would be a good race truck in the very skilled hands of a pro, but for the average hack like myself and most others here, both trucks need more than a little TLC to be a good racer for us. In short, before this thread goes any further down the "Mine's better than your's because I like mine more than your's." tubes, step back and take a deep breath. The TNX is the new kid on the block so at the moment it suffers from poor aftermarket support, but due to the increasing popularity of the platform based on it's winning ways, that will soon change. Is the TNX that much better than the traxxas, or is it just a bunch of smoke and mirrors manipulated by a couple of VERY talented drivers? Only time will tell. In the meantime, ask yourself how many TNX's are winning club level races. Not trying to toss water on the TNX at all, just saying it's a bit early to be crowning it king of all race trucks.

monst@r 08-18-2004 07:02 PM

Only time will tell. In the meantime, ask yourself how many TNX's are winning club level races. Not trying to toss water on the TNX at all, just saying it's a bit early to be crowning it king of all race trucks.
[/b]If a newbie went to a hobby shock looking for a monster truck, and he was choosing between the TNX and the Revo, which product do you think he'll be directed to by an employee? Traxxas of course. Especially in my LHS, where one of my employees says a 1/8 nitro buggy will get smoked by a 1/10 electric mod buggy on a 1/8 track. He talks as if I'm an ignorant RCer.

One more thing .. A newbie is looking at the Revo and TNX naked, and sees the shear difference in setups, they're going to choose the Revo because it just looks cooler. They don't care if it breaks more, needs more parts, wins races, etc. All that is another world away in their mind.

remten2001 08-18-2004 07:43 PM

I don't beleive that at all even if im a tnx owner...IMO the revo as more better features but I think its all in the drivers hands.But the tnx has some good to it but nothing special...Its a simple design truck that works great thats all...

fantomas 08-18-2004 08:09 PM

somtimes simple is better!! ;)

Spudnik 08-18-2004 08:22 PM

os you guys are like kids, the tnx won good for it, th erevo came 3rd how did that happen? Traxxas is saying that came up this suspension? it is indy car suspension but bigger. traxxas=trucks that turn people into "my truck is better then your truck" people

mostly

RedDawg303 08-18-2004 09:25 PM

traxxas=trucks that turn people into "my truck is better then your truck" people

what do u mean, there just trying to defend themselves when savage and lst owners attack them.

twisted 08-18-2004 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: fhm101

if you can find a topless shot of the truck(s) being run by the two factory guys, take a minute to really look at it. Even better, put it next to a pic of a stock TNX. I think you will find that these trucks are a very modified version of the original.
what is highly modded besides changing the shoks and tires ? i know jun did some work on the C hubs to get more steering,but i havent seen much more then just that.i would like to know so i can do it to mine.

if you go to my local club race at crc and watch or better yet go to j lap page and look at the points you will see my name in the number one place and guess what i have,a tnx. lol.

hey all joking aside, both the revo and tnx is a great truck. some will say this is better then that but who cares, buy what one you like and thats that!

repete 08-18-2004 11:51 PM

Not trying to start anything here, and those that know me also know I'm very much into light weight production class MT racing and race a maxx based Pro Hobby truck. First off, the TNX has tons of potential, but if you can find a topless shot of the truck(s) being run by the two factory guys, take a minute to really look at it. Even better, put it next to a pic of a stock TNX. I think you will find that these trucks are a very modified version of the original. This is where the above statement about the TNX having potential comes in. Either truck OTB stock would be a good race truck in the very skilled hands of a pro, but for the average hack like myself and most others here, both trucks need more than a little TLC to be a good racer for us. In short, before this thread goes any further down the "Mine's better than your's because I like mine more than your's." tubes, step back and take a deep breath. The TNX is the new kid on the block so at the moment it suffers from poor aftermarket support, but due to the increasing popularity of the platform based on it's winning ways, that will soon change. Is the TNX that much better than the traxxas, or is it just a bunch of smoke and mirrors manipulated by a couple of VERY talented drivers? Only time will tell. In the meantime, ask yourself how many TNX's are winning club level races. Not trying to toss water on the TNX at all, just saying it's a bit early to be crowning it king of all race trucks.

umm..i dont know whats wrong with ur eyes..but if u look at them side by side..they are very close to stock..some of the team drivers switched batt and rec box...but thats it...The TNX is the superior racing truck..period...there is no if ands or butts..yes the revo is a unique design..and looks cool..but if its slower..all that looking cool doesnt make it a better racer...im a noob to MT racing..but i have raced buggies since early this year..and a stock tnx..with just shocks and tires as a mod..holds our track record in MT right now...thats against truggies...

Haldir 08-19-2004 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Freedom

:D

fhm101 08-19-2004 04:04 AM

The devil is in the details folks, and it's the small ones and the ones you can't see that will kill you. So far on the TNX we have different wheels/tires, shocks, and modded C hubs from one post and relocated/removed components from another post. What about the shock mounts? Can we just buy them or will we have to make something up for whatever shocks we decide to use? What kind of shocks are the factory guys using? What kind of springs? How much was trimmed from where, and why was it trimmed? Did the tank have a primer valve or a plug where one was? if not, what kind of tank was it? What about the clutch? Was it OTB stock, modded stock, something altogether different? What about brakes? How were the diffs set up? The list is as long as the number of components on any given race platform.

It really doesn't matter if it's a TNX, revo, or whatever, good race cars are always tweaked to the gills by their owners. I'm real happy with the truck I have now, but I'm sure before it's all over I'll try both a TNX and a revo.

repete 08-19-2004 11:25 AM

..what racer wouldnt change tires?..what racer wouldnt run better shocks?..the TNX has only one place to mount the shocks..and if u look on teh factory driver trucks..thats where they are mounted...if u wanna know about springs..grab a mag..each driver used a different set up...one used losi shocks..with yellow springs..another used proline powerstroke..with stock springs...To my knoweledge only Jun trimmed some plastic off of his C-hubs to get a lil more steering...thats sumtin anyone can do...yes they removed primers. was it necessary..no..they run stock clutch..stock gearing...they prolly adjusted the brakes to there liking..like anyone would..

what was the point of making ur post?...thats like saying...they put 2 degree toe in the rear...thats a mod..not box stock..if u would just look at the published pictures in magazines..or close ups from the net..you will see that they are stock trucks..minus shocks and tires...making adjustments to whats already on the truck..is not moding it..its tweaking..

fhm101 08-19-2004 01:07 PM

OK, SLOW AND SIMPLE FOR THOSE OF YOU (REPETE) TOO THICK HEADED TO GET MY POINT WHEN I TRY TO BE NICE ABOUT IT.

THERE NO SINGLE DO ALL, END ALL, OUT OF THE BOX RACE TRACK KILLER.

EVERY R/C VEHICLE HAS IT'S STRONG POINTS AND WEAK POINTS. EACH DRIVER ALSO HAS THE SAME. THE TRICK IS TO FIND A STOCK PLATFORM THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CHANGE.

WHAT WORKS WELL FOR YOU MAY NOT WORK WELL FOR THE NEXT GUY.

fhm101 08-19-2004 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: repete

..what racer wouldnt change tires?..what racer wouldnt run better shocks?..the TNX has only one place to mount the shocks..and if u look on teh factory driver trucks..thats where they are mounted...if u wanna know about springs..grab a mag..each driver used a different set up...one used losi shocks..with yellow springs..another used proline powerstroke..with stock springs...To my knoweledge only Jun trimmed some plastic off of his C-hubs to get a lil more steering...thats sumtin anyone can do...yes they removed primers. was it necessary..no..they run stock clutch..stock gearing...they prolly adjusted the brakes to there liking..like anyone would..

what was the point of making ur post?
You just made it for me, thanks.

monst@r 08-19-2004 04:56 PM

OK, SLOW AND SIMPLE FOR THOSE OF YOU (REPETE) TOO THICK HEADED TO GET MY POINT WHEN I TRY TO BE NICE ABOUT IT.

ah dunt undrstand u kan u speek engrish? J/k.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Bomb...2100307/tm.htm and http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/10000.html

Yeah, it's not out of the box, but box stock trucks except for electronics/engine, etc.

repete 08-19-2004 09:39 PM

EVERY R/C VEHICLE HAS IT'S STRONG POINTS AND WEAK POINTS. EACH DRIVER ALSO HAS THE SAME. THE TRICK IS TO FIND A STOCK PLATFORM THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CHANGE.

WHAT WORKS WELL FOR YOU MAY NOT WORK WELL FOR THE NEXT GUY.
well...first of all..u tried to down play the TNX by saying it had all these mods and it wasnt close to stock...when u got set strait..u throw a hissy fit...bottom line is..the TNX has proven itself twice in a row..to be the fastest in its class on the track...your the one trying to deny it..when its obvious