RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   JUST GOT MY NEW MAXX 3.3; COULDN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/4114140-just-got-my-new-maxx-3-3%3B-couldnt-resist.html)

BugattiFreak 04-09-2006 11:36 AM

RE: JUST GOT MY NEW MAXX 3.3; COULDN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!!

i love the tmaxx and the revo (i hate all other traxxas cars) but whenever i see a car in half in a bashing video its always a tmaxx.... and everyone says they are a money pit, im not surprised.

stingray5280 04-09-2006 12:43 PM

My friend is having tuning issues with his 3.3 just like he had with the 2.5r .

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-09-2006 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

just got this yesterday. tried to run it when the starter broke..... ARG!!!!!!
would it make you incredibly jealous to know i've run 5 tanks through mine today?:)

Ezydusit 04-09-2006 05:22 PM

I have a gallon through my Tmaxx 3.3, and it just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!

psychorevo 04-09-2006 10:10 PM

UPDATE: Took my 3.3 to the track to say, and it smoked some gnarly Botswana!!!!!!

I broke the backplate from an insane jump and have to buy a new transmission yoke ($5) for the differential.

O WHAT FUN!!!!!!

If you have a Maxx or Revo and haven't off roaded, you're missing out on life!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

BugattiFreak 04-09-2006 11:34 PM

thunderbird, im not jelous cause i stated on another forum that i replaced the starter, and i broke it in. and today, im stating for the first time, how freakin awsome MT's are.... I HATE STADIUM TRUCKS! i love my X, i never knew that you can make a 20FT. bmx jump so easily. its just asking you all the time to go bigger. i would be running it tile mornin, but my spur got striped. ah well, 5$ down the hatch

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-10-2006 08:29 AM

bugatti, i'm just kiddin.

BTW, now that everybody's gotten a chance to drive it...I know it's more powerful, and has a stronger drivetrain, but are the chassis components really stronger on the 3.3 and 2.5R Maxx than they are on the old 2.5 and pro 15 maxxes? How are your bulkheads holding up with the RPM arms?

psychorevo 04-10-2006 09:21 AM

^
I already had to replace the transmiision yoke and diffferential arm.

The engine twisted the plastic.

Stronger you ask?

I'm not so sure right now.

BugattiFreak 04-10-2006 04:26 PM

my car is running flawless and jumping off jumps that would blow the revo to submission. the arms only break if you land wrong. the turnbuckles are fine as well. enjoy your TMAXX, but if you live in southern cali, by mission viejo, ill kick your butt at jumping. we have a 15FT. bmx jump which is follow right away by a smaller 5FT., and i will try to clear both of them at the same time. :) i hope i dont break anything, and i hope your car will not be in half.

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-10-2006 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

my car is running flawless and jumping off jumps that would blow the revo to submission. the arms only break if you land wrong. the turnbuckles are fine as well. enjoy your TMAXX, but if you live in southern cali, by mission viejo, ill kick your butt at jumping. we have a 15FT. bmx jump which is follow right away by a smaller 5FT., and i will try to clear both of them at the same time. :) i hope i dont break anything, and i hope your car will not be in half.
Uh...you've never owned a Revo.

I own a Savage, and I had a Revo before it, and guys I run with have Revos. the Revo is almost Savage tough and doesn't bend shock shafts and lose shock caps like a Savage does.

BugattiFreak 04-12-2006 06:14 PM

my brother has a revo, and we always run the cars together. i havnt ran the savage with it yet, im sure his will murder mine on the track, but once i hit a 15ft jump and he follows, he breaks and has to stop the rest of the day, and i get to break my car some more.VROOOM!!!!!!!!!!! VROOOOMMMM! i wana go ruin mine now but i striped the spur. need to move the engine a bit closer.

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-12-2006 10:53 PM

My revo buddies and my old Revo jumped my buddy's garage a few times in one day. my FreeMaxx couldn't hang with any of 'em, and another guy's M26 savvy had trouble too.

speedfreak1234 04-13-2006 08:37 AM

God dam it all sounds like so much.

my savage is not running at the moment, my sh.28 threw the con rod out the crankcase [:o] but i will be getting a new Picco .28 on tue hopfully.

Ezydusit 04-13-2006 12:01 PM

2 gallons through my Tmaxx 3.3, and the fun continues!! No problems other than the servo arm broke due to the stump was bigger!! It has been nothing but fun, wheelies, jumps, and high speed runs are so great!! Just got done with my custom body, my first ever, and it turned out pretty cool. I will post pic as soon as it is all dry and decals in place.

Ezydusit 04-13-2006 12:56 PM

http://www.ezydusit.com/pic3.jpg

http://www.ezydusit.com/pic4.jpg

Finally done with this. Tell me what you think.