RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8053988-here-traxxass-rock-crawler-summit.html)

KRO 10-16-2008 04:02 PM

RE: Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!

take a good look at the Summit. With its lights, independent suspension, 70:1 and 25:1 transmission, and exo-skeleton body, you can pretty much gather it's not made to compete but rather designed for the guy or kid wanting a crawler that can go fast as well... but maybe they will start a spec class for it.

EXACTLY ! Who wouldnt want a "go anywhere" rig like this ! An MT that can crawl , a crawler that can go fast and jump ? sign me up !

BTW , the only real advantage of a solid axel crawler is lower CG and enclosed axels , independant suspensions can have as much if not more articulation than a solid axel machine , plus no suspension linkages too get hung up on objects .

Not saying this is better than other crawlers (I do not own one) , but with as versitile as this one is I would have too give it a long look if I was buying a new truck .

Access 10-16-2008 04:57 PM

Now people just need to create or find some 'hybrid' tracks to run this one.
This could really open a whole new class though, think about it. One of the plusses with Rock Crawling is you don't really need a designated track to have a competition, just find some rocks in the middle of nowhere, meet up with a bunch of friends, lay down some cones, get some judges and you're good for the day.

Now we will have a truck that can handle rocks to some extent, and that is fast enough on normal terrain too, that can race on pretty much any surface, prepared or not. Just gather up some friends, go out to the middle of nowhere, lay down some cones and you have yourself a track for the day. No pansies whining about how this part of the track is too rocky or that part will cause wrecks, here's a truck that will pretty much handle whatever you throw at it and a good hybrid track will test many skill sets, not just one or two.

In that way the "trackless" racing club can become a possibility, kinda like "outlaw" paintball or mountain biking but with no actual danger to the public (or racers themselves).

qoisdhc oqina 10-16-2008 04:57 PM

anyine know the ACTUAL price on one?i'm already ready to start sellin my cars!Anyone want a rustler?;):D:)

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 05:01 PM

This is close to the PERFECT truck IMO. Anywhere, anytime. Water, rocks, speed, OK!:D I'm glad they're developing new technologies for the RC industry. It's been a while since the REVO came out with the last HUGE development in tech, but this is great! I hope other companies follow suit.

Kudos to Traxxas, esp for teaming w/ Castle Creations on the Brushless REVO. Good marketing and perfect truck for the system!

Ok, I'm really starting to like traxxas. The slash and slayer were cool; although Rustler/REVO remakes, still very cool. Now, these two trucks are AWESOME!

ferrariowner123 10-16-2008 05:23 PM

Okay, I was gonna get a slash and pimp it out, but now...... I'M GETTING A SUMMIT!!!!!! I'll save up and get that its too perfect. I didn't read to much about it does't anyone have an idea when its released? Holy crap that thing is awsome!!!!!!

robwiljas 10-16-2008 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Evader -> MGT

This is close to the PERFECT truck IMO. Anywhere, anytime. Water, rocks, speed, OK!:D I'm glad they're developing new technologies for the RC industry. It's been a while since the REVO came out with the last HUGE development in tech, but this is great! I hope other companies follow suit.

Kudos to Traxxas, esp for teaming w/ Castle Creations on the Brushless REVO. Good marketing and perfect truck for the system!

Ok, I'm really starting to like traxxas. The slash and slayer were cool; although Rustler/REVO remakes, still very cool. Now, these two trucks are AWESOME!
I agree, Traxxas really had a great idea with this one. Now just imagine the Summit with the MMM in it. mmmmmmmmmm :D

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 05:28 PM

Hahahaha! That'd be awesome.

Here's the MSRP of both trucks! LOL!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...27&C=PKHORI&B=

Access 10-16-2008 05:32 PM

Tower does that just to play games with y'all, remember when the VXL was announced, they pulled the same thing, $500. or something and it was later reduced to the real price when the date got closer.

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 05:36 PM

I said the same in another post. I'm guessing $600 + $100 for the B-REVO.

Robby, ain't it the truth. Those trucks are beauties...:D

forrest225 10-16-2008 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Access

Now people just need to create or find some 'hybrid' tracks to run this one.
This could really open a whole new class though, think about it. One of the plusses with Rock Crawling is you don't really need a designated track to have a competition, just find some rocks in the middle of nowhere, meet up with a bunch of friends, lay down some cones, get some judges and you're good for the day.

Yeah, there could be races where the beginning is like a normal track except much longer so they wont have to run laps, ending with a final crawl to the finish line. That, my friends, would be epic

Revomad1 10-16-2008 07:02 PM

I don't like crawlers because they are slow, but I would buy this because it has the high range gear. Traxxas just keeps making cool stuff that is in a class by itself.

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 07:25 PM

Yeah. I remember the wars about which class the REVO should be in... Good times. lol

rcnitrohead 10-16-2008 08:45 PM

Good job Traxx, I know many people were expecting a comp class crawler with solid axles, and I have to say that I was expecting it too, but this is an innovation in a class of it's own. Traxxas really thought about the ease of use for the newcomer with this truck, the ability to crawl with the high range ratio is very innovated, as well as the axle lock system though I think that may become a weak point on the truck. I personally have no interest in it, partially cause my RTR days are mostly over;), and because I guess I have more productive things to put my cash to. This truck will look very appealing to the newcomer and I know thats number 1 for Traxxas, but I think some of us more experienced guys are being left in the dust a bit.

Tom.

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 09:02 PM

I love this side of the forums. The Off-Road Electric forum is exploding with harsh comments saying how bad, "this sucks, it's not a crawler, just a remake!" I love how everyone's cool here and accepts that new technology is in the makes and that at least Traxxas is making steps forward, not back.

THANKS GUYS! You make this fun! I'm excited to see this, unlike other party-poopers... They don't express their opinions, THEY FORCE-FEED IT!!![&:]

robwiljas 10-16-2008 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Evader -> MGT

I love this side of the forums. The Off-Road Electric forum is exploding with harsh comments saying how bad, "this sucks, it's not a crawler, just a remake!" I love how everyone's cool here and accepts that new technology is in the makes and that at least Traxxas is making steps forward, not back.

THANKS GUYS! You make this fun! I'm excited to see this, unlike other party-poopers... They don't express their opinions, THEY FORCE-FEED IT!!![&:]
I agree, I haven't been a fan of Traxxas since having a T-Maxx and E-Maxx and actually swore off thier products, but they are comming up with some really good ideas lately and they have a few vehicles I would love to have. Now if only I had some money lol.

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 09:25 PM

Yup, I just spent all my cash to make my MGT brushless, and now a MMM/Neu/2.4ghz REVO!?! What the heck!!!!:eek: That's life...

NitroVenom 10-16-2008 10:28 PM

So who's gonna be the first guinea pig to buy one and tell me how it is?? ;):D

traxxastaylor 10-16-2008 10:43 PM

to me ultimate truck, you a few people, unlimited batteries could last you all day you could have a track in the woods get bored with the track and then go do some off roading. there is really no other truck like it yet, but man would this thing be crazy with brushless.........[X(]

sic_fx 10-16-2008 10:49 PM

you guys should check out rock racing. they had it on speed channel a few times. this truck would be perfect for a scale version of that. its basically an event where fast rock crawlers go flat out for most of the course, which consists of turns, jumps, hill climbs, whoop sections, etc., then a technical rock crawling part in the middle somewhere.

Evader ---> MGT 10-16-2008 11:18 PM

Hahaha.

And Traxxas Taylor, if you got the Rhino 5000mah 5S2P batteries, two of them, and charged them continuously with a 10, maybe 12amp charger, that would be exactly what you want. Unlimited driving!!! It'd only be like $300 for the batts and charger too! If you think about it, that's a CHEAP price. Not reasonable, even inexpensive, but CHEAP!

Dale Gribble 10-17-2008 08:39 AM

I like racing, but one of my most fun times is bashing and racing around a dirt lot with my kids. My boys both have a pimped out EMaxx and ESavage, so I think this might be my basher to have fun with them. Gonna have to see the street price on one of these... I would sure like to see ~$350 or so, the higher it gets above $400 the less attractive it will be to me.

Clymer122693 10-17-2008 12:19 PM

Dale a traxxas employee on the TRX forums said it would be around $500.

Dale Gribble 10-17-2008 12:28 PM

street or MSRP? Cuz if its $500, there is no friggen way I am paying it.

qoisdhc oqina 10-17-2008 12:38 PM

me either.thast'a little tto much

NitroVenom 10-17-2008 01:07 PM

Just thinkin about it makes me want it more. If its around the $400 range then I'll be gettin one after new years. :D I gues new sway bars for my stang will have to wait. :eek: