RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8053988-here-traxxass-rock-crawler-summit.html)

binaryterror 10-17-2008 01:15 PM

RE: Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!

ORIGINAL: forrest225

Yeah, there could be races where the beginning is like a normal track except much longer so they wont have to run laps, ending with a final crawl to the finish line. That, my friends, would be epic
that exists already, its called Rock Racing, many of the rock crawler guys are doing it. Sadly its built for 2.2 and 1.9 classes, not supers.

Clymer122693 10-17-2008 01:17 PM

Street price,dale. Its pretty much just a redressed e-revo so just expect it around the price of one of those. Tower has the MSRP at 700+.

Airmicro 10-17-2008 01:20 PM

It dies in the super class because of its lack of rear steering.
Again, not everyone is a competition crawler, not everyone is a racer etc. Every darn r/c that comes out now gets compared to a racer, etc. Who cares!! I've been into r/c for 29 years now, and could give one crap about a race, racer, track etc. I've also crawled since '99 when there wasn't one single crawler to buy, you just modded, made etc. what you had.

I've always loved Traxxas because of this! They try to appeal to the mass r/c'er which is a basher, and if he wants to take their vehicle and race, then so be it and good luck with it. Its all I read everyday, this thing is gonna suck at racing, or in the case of this r/c, it ain't gonna be the #1 comp rig! Again, who cares! I'd like to see any crawler right now that can go crawl, with locked diff's, and in low gear, then later if you get bored with that, then leave the rock area, head to the grass, gravel etc. and un-lock, switch into high gear and let it eat!

Yeah, this is called versatility! Its what Traxxas does best, other than standing the r/c world on its head a couple times a year!

Dale Gribble 10-17-2008 01:22 PM

Guess I will wait for a used one to shake down on eBay for my price range. I don't think the truck warrants a $500 price tag and I am usually not an early adopter anyways.

KRO 10-17-2008 10:40 PM

The E REVO is selling its butt off at 450.00 , I dont think the 500.00 tag is so high considering what you are getting .

Anybody who hasnt expierenced running an RC when its wet and muddy needs too try it , its a real gas ! These new Traxxas rigs allow you too do that without worry right outta the box .

And when your'e done you can just hose it off and hit it with WD40 , then blast it with air . I have ran several times this summer after rains and had no ill effects , servos and ESC both work fine .

Airmicro 10-18-2008 09:04 AM

Heck, my friend and I ran in the rain! :D

raptor 8 10-19-2008 01:28 PM

Is the battery compartment the same as e revo, i want to put some lipo's in it, the max amps 8000 in each side to be exact, they are suppost fit into a e revo.

Evader ---> MGT 10-19-2008 03:31 PM

Looks like everything on the chassis is the same as the E-REVO, except the motor, tranny and diffs.

I may be wrong though...

Snaut Rocket 10-19-2008 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: KRO

The E REVO is selling its butt off at 450.00 , I dont think the 500.00 tag is so high considering what you are getting .

Anybody who hasnt expierenced running an RC when its wet and muddy needs too try it , its a real gas ! These new Traxxas rigs allow you too do that without worry right outta the box .

And when your'e done you can just hose it off and hit it with WD40 , then blast it with air . I have ran several times this summer after rains and had no ill effects , servos and ESC both work fine .
Nice ad post.
you work for traxxas.:)
just kidding kro

KRO 10-19-2008 09:56 PM

Nice ad post.
you work for traxxas.
just kidding kro

LOL , no seriously .... After years of avoiding water , and too now be able to run whenever you want is pretty awesome !

I was gonna sell my EVX2 and Titan motors , but after having so much fun in the mud and water I think I will keep it and just swap out the B/L system for the stocker when it gets really rainy .
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...7_204_full.jpg

All I did afterwards was spray it off with a hose . shoot it down with WD40 , then blast it off with compressed air . Good as new !

tashspop 10-21-2008 12:30 AM

i'm interested in the truck, but i need to see how those diffs last under some power. i always wanted something that could crawl well, but couldn't see spending $$ on something so limited (slow speed). this will get me close, but bashability looks great too. like said before a great blend of both. there's no way i could get the thing and leave stock electronics in it. i don't have it in me. i need 45+ mph and wheelies getting there to truely enjoy my bashers.

Matt_Gruizinga 10-25-2008 06:49 PM

Looks like everything on the chassis is the same as the E-REVO, except the motor, tranny and diffs
personally I love it when they incorperate the revo chassis, it is so simple yet so effective at soaking up bumps and handleing almost anything you can throw at it. They know that and that's why they use it. if you think about it every 2wd Stadium truck is based of the same platform and yet they are all different, the same with the revo platform people say "they just added diffs to the revo" but really they only used the proven revo chassis.

also for anybody who says "thats not a crawler" traxxas doesn't call it a crawler they call it a "1/10 scale 4wd EXTREME TERRAIN monster truck", they weren't making a crawler they were making something for the extremes of bashing

black mamba 10-26-2008 12:40 AM

Man, who knew the Revo was as scalable as it is? Talk about an adaptive chassis platform. It goes from World Class MT Champion to The Slayer trophy truck and now The Summit crawler. Traxxas had some awesome foresight when they designed the Revo years ago. Way to go Traxxas.[8D]

supertib 10-27-2008 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: KRO

What about all the bearings in the truck ? rubber shielded or not those bearings do not like getting wet and will go rusty and crunchy very fast......

black mamba 10-29-2008 01:24 AM

If you are worried about that stuff, you need to stick with road cars. LOL.:D

carmatic1 11-01-2008 08:45 AM

does anybody remember that post in the traxxas forums where the mod put a picture of a cute dog because everyone was hounding him about the traxxas crawler? this was before the summit was released

Clymer122693 11-01-2008 01:58 PM

Yea and your point is?.....wait it was a husky!

Clymer122693 11-07-2008 04:54 PM

Word on the traxxas forums is the summit is around $429. It should go down some more when it releases on Dec 22nd.