Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dont know anything about bikes just checking out the forum

ORIGINAL: nitro_redneck

how fast do these things go ?

what size motors

how much are they

how do they stay up

are they nitro and electric

At the second US R/C bike championships in LA last August the bikes were radared at about 45 mph on the back straightaway. They are not as fast as the cars, but going fast is not what it is all about with r/c bikes.

Motors: any 500 can electric motor works. Most run low turn brushless and even lipos. Nitro bikes can accomodate usually up to a .21 engine.

They stay up by practice, practice, practice. They perform and behave just like a 1/1 bike. They are very stable as long as they have the gyroscopic effect of the spinning wheels. You actually use a lot more throttle and braking, as opposed to "steering" to control them.

A nicely set up nitro bike will run you about $800-$1000 depending on mods and radio. The RTR Ducatis with AM electronics will run about $350. About the same for a Duc electric bike.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 AM
gleebs

So to turn one of these things you need to lean. But the rider cant shift its wait like on a real 1:1. On my 1:1 motorcycle I can steer by pressing the grip in the direction I want to go. To go right I push on the right grip which turns the front wheel left. This forces the bike to drop to the right creating the lean I need to turn right and the bike follows through with a right turn. Is this essentially how you drive a scale motorcycle?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 AM
bikeracer

ORIGINAL: gleebs

So to turn one of these things you need to lean. But the rider cant shift its wait like on a real 1:1. On my 1:1 motorcycle I can steer by pressing the grip in the direction I want to go. To go right I push on the right grip which turns the front wheel left. This forces the bike to drop to the right creating the lean I need to turn right and the bike follows through with a right turn. Is this essentially how you drive a scale motorcycle?
Exactly the same,the physics are just the same as a full size bike.Corner speed is more important than straight line speed.

There's a .30 powered four stroke bike that's setting lap records racing in the UK,it makes up for lack of top end speed with superb handling.

Allan