Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

I'AM NEW IN RC MOTORCYCLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:51 PM
dakamat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'AM NEW IN RC MOTORCYCLE

Hello, my name is David and i'am new in r/c motorcycle world. I just purchase the new Thunder Tiger Ducati nitro bike.
I want to know where i can find hopups and spare parts for this bike. I know CNR but this is the only one?

Little question, yesterday night, i work few hours on my bike to learn it and when i rotate the rear wheel, they have a spot where the drive chain become very tight. I rotate a little more and the chain became normal. Just a spot where it's to tight. This is normal or they have a sprocket (front or rear) who's not good[]

And which modifications you suggest to do first??

Thank you and excuse my english, i'am french Canadian.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94921.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	373284  
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Frank B.
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I'AM NEW IN RC MOTORCYCLE

Thundertiger4u.com http://www.thundertiger4u.com/index....2f9ce0016ce297

The instructions say (adjust the chain so it has a 2mm movement up and down) LOL...... there machining tolerances are out 2mm so that setting is a joke!

Adjust your chain loose, but not so loose it hits the swing arm.

On mine I also found that the rear wheel wobbled very bad, I removed it and disassembled the hub to fined dried red loc-tite in between the hub and rim mating surfaces, I cleaned every thing up and reassembled and its fine now.

Everything has red loc-tite on it, they went nuts with the stuff so be careful when your disassembling the bike, if a bolt wont come out use a soldering iron to heat the bolt before you remove it,

Use blue or a non permanent loc-tite when you re assemble the bike.

Also, loc-tite the the four bolt that hold the back plate (hex start assembly) to the engine.

First mods would be a quality FM radio or at least a failsafe if you going to use the AM radio that came with it,

Frank B.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:36 PM
dakamat

OK, good, and i'am plan to buy a front brake kit and upside down fork. I don't like the ducati body so i want buy a Nuova Faor body, it look more agressive.

I've install a Revo shock on the rear, and put a 15mm stoper in it, with purple spring and 7000 diff oil.

Now i want buy a Macs tune pipe or MIP stinger, and bolt on a OS .18 cv-rx.

Could you tell me where i can buy good set of tire???
Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Frank B.
My Feedback: (1)

LOL.... looks like you have all your mod`s figured out already,

Tires you can get from CNR or Internet-rc,

Frank B.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:44 AM
zumzum5150
My Feedback: (2)

you can get them here. I got mine from them.

http://www.gsracing.com/web/page.asp...atid=30&id=404

ORIGINAL: dakamat

Could you tell me where i can buy good set of tire???
Old 12-31-2005, 10:40 AM
dakamat

I'am very confuse. GS Racing don't do buisnees with Canadian people[]
I can't buy it .......

Hey zumzum5150, could you buy me a set of tire ( 1x GRP02A and 1x GRP22A) and ship it to me C.O.D in Quebec, Canada??

If you can do that for me, i'll give you my complete address by e-mail or PM.

Thank you and excuse my english, i'am french

Happy new year
Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 AM
1CE

whats the deal with the revo shock? do you just put it in or dose it require moding?
Old 01-10-2006, 07:14 PM
bnw_08

hi, i am new to the motorcycle world, and was wonderin what would be a better choice in bike. i am looking into getting a thunder tiger f1me or the nitro dacuti. also would it be better to buy a new or used one? thanks for the help.
ben
Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: bnw_08

hi, i am new to the motorcycle world, and was wonderin what would be a better choice in bike. i am looking into getting a thunder tiger f1me or the nitro dacuti. also would it be better to buy a new or used one? thanks for the help.
ben

First you need to decide if you want to start out with an electric bike or a nitro bike. The FM-1e is just a rolling chassis, you have to provide your own motor, esc, and radio gear. It is purely an electric bike. It can be converted to nitro, but it takes a bit of doing. The Ducati nitro is RTR. The newer one's even come with the Rx pack. All you do is charge it up, gas it up and off you go. It handles well OOB, but is a bit tame. If you have a lot of IC experience, it would be a fine nitro bike to start out with. It comes with cheesy AM electrics, so plan on replacing that fairly soon. You didn't mention the Ducati electric bike. It's RTR also, with the same AM electronics and a generic stock motor. Still a good bike to get you up and running.

The most common advice is to start out electric. It can be frustrating to learn to drive and set up a bike at first. An electric bike takes messing around with the powerplant out of the equation. The motor is always ready to go. I have several low turn brushless bikes, and they are much quicker, more nimble, and easier to drive than my nitro bikes.

New or used, not much difference. If you can find a good deal on a used one, everything on these bikes is replacable if they get broke (and they will, trust me!). The Ducatis go for about $350 (electric or nitro) and an FM can be had for maybe $200 or so. Nuova Faor makes a very nice kit bike (my favorite bike to race), but it can run up to $800-$1000 for a race ready NF. The NF's are more diffucult to set up, and are a bit more demanding to drive, but once set up they are a blast!

HTH

STeve B in NC
Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
bnw_08

k you got me narrowed down to the fm-1e bike. what type of motor and electronics should i go for?
thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: bnw_08

k you got me narrowed down to the fm-1e bike. what type of motor and electronics should i go for?
thanks
Brushless is the way to go with the bikes. The newer Novaks seem to be working out well. My favorite set up is a Hacker c 40 8 turn and a Schulze U-force 75. Very fast, lots of torque, but it can be a handful if you are just learning. That setup is also a bit pricey.

Electronics is your choice. The bikes use standard stuff. I'm using a Spektrum radio and transceiver, and the cheapest futaba servos I can get.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
akura2

ORIGINAL: 1CE

whats the deal with the revo shock? do you just put it in or dose it require moding?
the REVO shock requires slight modding to work on the bikes.... there are two ways to do it

1. Use the piston with the 2x 1mm holes in it.... plug one of the holes with CA... put a piece of silicone tubing on the shock shaft under the piston to reduce droop... reinstall everything with 30WT oil... use the blue or purple spring

2. Same as above except leave th two holes in the piston and use a 7000WT oil (It's just easier to find and work with the lighter oil)

either way the shock works great... I have them on two of my bikes
Old 04-19-2006, 06:03 PM
hayabusagreg

I`m wanting a nitro bike is the Tower Thunder Tiger a good bike...?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 AM
mollycbr123

It's a fine way to get started, at a reasonable price. Along the way you will probably want better tires, some suspension upgrades, a front brake kit, and better electronics. Tweaks to the steering setup help with handling, but all of the 1/5 r/c bikes can be tweaked a bit to perform better.

At about $400 RTR it's a deal, compared to $500 plus electronics for an NF. I have several of both bikes, so I'm not biased for one or the other.

HTH

STeve B in NC
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
tmmulloy

If TT sold a electric DUC kit and u could buy the FMR1 kit or the duc kit at the same price which would u buy and why.thks Tim
Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
AUTOMAG

Hello everyone.It took me about 2 days to figure i really wanted to try a nitro bike .I went out yesterday and got a Ducati 999R.I cant wait to try it .Here is a link for some Ducacti parts http://www.thundertiger4u.com/thunde...o-c-30_41.html
Old 05-14-2006, 08:02 PM
AUTOMAG

oops i didnt see the link posted already sorry
Old 05-14-2006, 10:55 PM
-Inverted-

Im also looking at an electric motorcycle, what would you guys say is the best 1/5 electric bike.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:18 AM
brettos01

The Fm-1e, (thundertiger) is a good bike.

The parts are milled from solid alloy blocks as oppossed to the newer bikes which have cast alloy parts on them that break more easily.

Also the FM-1e is no longer in production so they are cheap to buy a second hand one.

The parts from most 1/5th bikes are interchangable so go have some fun.

Regards Brettos.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:05 PM
-Inverted-

I want one that has a large aftermarket base IE carbon fiber frames and lots of aluminum parts.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM
dee_0007

I just got a ducati 999 and i just want to change the motor, which one is reasonably fast but not too expensive?

and do i require to change anything else if i replace the motor to a brushless one?

would this be ok for now?
36X56 BRUSHLESS MOTOR 2600KV GOOD FOR 1/10 CAR & TRUCK ALSO... = 30$
or

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=538719

and would they work?

thanks