Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Kyosho Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Bikes?

Ok,well ive been in RC for a while, and after seeing videos of guys racing the Kyosho 1/8th electric bikes, im very interested in getting one. i became even more interested when i learned of how cheap they are.

1. [link=http://www.toyhaus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TH&Product_Code=KYO3021B&Category_Code=kyosv]This[/link] is the one im thnking of getting, Does Kyosho make a Pro type version?

2. I'm wondering, how durable are these bikes? Obviously im not expecting a 1/8th nitro truck, but i dont want somthing thats gonna break every other time i drive it.

3. Lastly is there anything i need to get going besides:
A servo ([link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN667&P=0]This one seems to have good specs, is it a good choice[/link])
Reciever (i already have a 3PK super that i use for most of my cars, will a reciever from it work with the motorcycle, or is too big?)
Battery (anyone got suggestions on a good non Li-PO battery?)

Guys who have these bikes, these are simple questions for you, please respond to all of them, becuase people rearley respond on this motorcycle forum, and i dont know of any others, so i would like to get a responce soon.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:30 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Kyosho Bikes?

for the answers and knowledge that you are looking for, you may want to check [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183]RC Groups Motorcycles[/link]

you should be able to find the info you need....
Old 01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

wow, that is a killer price...whats wrong with it?
i am not a bike guy either, but would like to try one out.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
kevie88

I have one of these, I bought the Suzuki RGV Schwantz/Chandler. putting it together was fun, I used the electronics and Graupner speed 300 motor out of my (severely beaten) RC18T. As a motorcycle enthusiast I was delighted by the scale appearance of the bike, it really does look cool sitting on the shelf, a very nice piece indeed.

However, when I first took the bike out I found it *VERY FRAGILE*.. as a first time RC bike pilot you will crash it pretty often, and I certainly did.. the left handlebar broke within the first 30 seconds of running! I was able to glue the bar back in place but it wont take another crash.. on the second run I made the mistake of hitting the brakes pretty hard, and it highsided, which surprisingly broke the front sprocket in half! So the bike sits on the shelf to this day, with the chain dragging on the ground and quite litterally NO parts support from any of my LHS's.. sad really.

I'll get the GPM hop-up parts over the winter and get it ready for the next season, but I don't have a lot of hope that it will be much better when I get it back up and running.. my dream is that some day soon I may actually have to recharge the battery pack at least once before something breaks haha.

All in all, it's a cool bike and would be a ton of fun if I could buy parts for it. If your LHS can supply parts for the bike you will love it.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 AM
mOnO n.s.G^

kevie88 i am also looking into this bike but the suzuki can u give tell me what i need to get it running?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
kevie88

You'll need a radio, a single smallish servo for the steering and a micro-style reciever and speed control. I put the speed control under the tail section, and the reciever in the spot that's made for the kyosho bike speed control. If you have a look on Ebay you'll find the original speed control that Kyosho ofered for the bikes. it looks like a nice elegant solution, but I used what I had on hand.

Here's the speed control/servo combo I mean: It's the speed control and servo shown with this ebay sale in one of the pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Honda-NSR...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 AM
mOnO n.s.G^

alrite thnkz alot