Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

curiosity question??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
porscheaddiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default curiosity question??

Hi all I used to have one of the 1st series kyosho bikes from the late 80's had a lot of fun with it and learned how to drive r/c motorcycles, it taught me alot. Anyway here is the curiosity question. Has anyone yet attemped to R/C a real pocket bike? I think it would be neat to see a large scale gasoline powered r/c bike. Anyone have any thoughts? or pics or links that this has been done?
Thanks
Chris.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:04 AM
dammachines
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: curiosity question??

Hey Chris,

I know there's been lots of talk about it (over at that other forum), but so far I don't think it's been done.
It would definitely be awesome to see an R/C bike of that large scale, but it might be hard to find an area large enough to run it.

Not to mention the damage it could cause if control is lost...

Dave
Old 02-09-2007, 11:47 AM
porscheaddiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: curiosity question??

Im seriously thinking of attempting it. I think it would be really a great thing to have an r/c'd pocket bike. Running it shouldnt be too much of a problem (just use the street like all other rcer's lol..just a joke ), Seriously highschool paved running tracks would be just fine I have several in my area. As for the saftey aspect, must run twin failsafes that bring down the throttle and apply the brakes plus a battery failsafe that will imediately cut the engine upon loss of batt power. I have looked on other forums and everyone seems to be concerned with the safety aspect.. to me it is no different then a 1/4th scale 85lb flying monster or the large scale gasoline powered racing boats. If I make the leap on the purchase of a pocket bike I will be sure to keep everyone informed.
Chris.