Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Motorcycles
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen these yet? (Nasaki) Nikko knockoff?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Anyone seen these yet? (Nasaki) Nikko knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone seen these yet? (Nasaki) Nikko knockoff?

Found it on ebay, then used the link in the pic to find this site. http://www.trimexuk.com/acatalog/info_NK044.html

Looks to me like a well made knock off of Nikkos Rc bikes, 1:5 scale, leaning rider, I can see a Tamiya plug on the bottom, so most likely takes a standard 6 cell pack, with a 540?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81205.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	971580  
Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 AM
astroboycp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone seen these yet? (Nasaki) Nikko knockoff?

Looks good though
Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Stunt4life

Bike I used to have in 1:1.

I think i might want to get a rc bike, I had one like 10 yrs ago that looking back was real garbage but since I was son young I loved it. I'll be posting around for bike info as I lack rc knowledge of the bikes right now.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:58 PM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm I dont know... I was just gunna ask about that Nikko. Does it have any uprade potential, or at least enough to get some standard electronics in?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:24 AM
zam342

don't buy that junk. the gear has got lot of problem.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 AM
littlehammer

Wacko Wasko,

I have done some work with the Nikko. Yes you can upgrade the electronics. I think it is really fun to run but you will have to put some effort into it.

Changes that I have made chronologically:

Radio upgrade to Futaba 2PK
Rear Shock to Duratrax gold oil filled with some modifications to shorten as much as possible.
Front forks to lighter springs (OSH) help with the wobble if the front hits medium bumps
ESC Brushed Novak Explorer
Speed 400 Motor by Watt (GPS at 17 mph) only a tiny bit faster than the stock motor

Mamba Brushless system not enough power for the weight of the bike. The motor was struggling too much.
Switched to Walkera 28mm 3100 kv motor and the Mamba ESC would thermal. Not enough juice for motor.

Brushless ESC Quark 33amp Car (need to have BEC on your ESC, not much room after installing receiver and ESC) this is the third brushless esc I tried. First two were not BEC and didn't work.
3100 kv Walkera 28mm can Brushless motor (GPS at 19 mph with standard 9.6 volt) A little disappointing after spending so much on the ESC.

My current 3s lipos didn't fit into the battery compartment so I didn't try it until recently. I taped two Lipo batteries to the bike for balance and used one at a time. Now that was really fun! The rear tire could break loose coming out of turns if goosed to hastily. It's a good thing I learned how to control the bike with the brushed motor. I haven't GPS the bike but I would guesstimate high twenties if not low thirties. I am waiting for a lipo battery I ordered that will fit into the bike. I don't want to add too much unnecessary weight to the bike if I don't have to.

Conclusion: Yes you can upgrade.
Question: Do you really want to? The bike has broken these things so far:
1) gear teeth in transmission, ordered new parts from Nikko, I don't remember but I think it was like $14, comes with motor transmission and rear tire (Now I have extra tire for when I wear out the original one)
2) the head off of the rider, I epoxy it at first but it just kept coming off so I welded a new shaft identical to the original piece.
3) front fork broke, ordered new parts from Nikko, again it was inexpensive under $20, and again comes with front fork and front tire. My only concern is when Nikko discontinues these parts.

I bought this bike because I owned a 1:1 Ducati and I like the looks of this bike and size of the rider. I like the price of it and I like to tinker. Making one-offs is enjoyable to me. I think the Thunder Tiger rider is too small for the Ducati it rides. I liked to watch the rider lean when I ran the brushed motor and Futaba radio gear. After upgrading to Brushless and Lipo it went too fast to notice the rider leaning much less what kind of bike it is. It runs much better with brushless and lipo but it will not last very long. It is just not built for it. It has no bearings, nothing to promote longevity. When this chassis wears out I may just buy the Nikko Honda or Kawasaki to put all my modifications into because I enjoy playing with this one so much. I have to admit that I am not gentle and this bike has taken some pretty hard knocks. It could last if you are not the kind of person who pushes the envelope just to see how hard it will push back.