Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 Wheelie Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 AM
cooldriver385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 Wheelie Bar

So I just bought a wheelie bar for my Jato, I told the guy I need the rear bumper part number 5515X because it has the holes for the wheelie bar. The guy kept on saying it mounts to the chassis and I said it mounts to that rear bumper battery box. So I get home and look at the battery box on mine and I was correct, I needed that rear bumper bumper battery box. 'Cause I don't see any holes for the wheelie bar to mount in. Is there any way at all I can somehow put it on? Or am I going to have to try to get the battery box?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 PM
moe7404

Default RE: Jato 3.3 Wheelie Bar

yep. need bat box. tip if yea are not on rough surface, lower to where the front is 1/4 from ground, back a little higher. to lower it that much you will need to use two zip ties around 2-3 coils of the each spring. iam playing around with springs. i had turnbuckles on front, in place of shocks, with stock rear shocks on rear it did real well. i just put the turnbuckles on the rear with front shocks with no oil or seals, so it will lift, and transfer weight to the rear tires. BUT do NOT know if that will work yet. with my truck that low it will NOT pull a wheelie. NEW INFO: do NOT use turnbuckles on the rear and shocks on front. DO USE turnbuckles on the front and shocks on the rear. more new info, on foam tires, after setting the height, adjust the rear tires so they sit flat to the ground, if this isint done you will have no traction.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:14 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about turnbuckles in p,ace of shocks. I use 55wt shock oil in the front and 70wt shock oil in the back. Works perfect. Also use the center battery location. No more wheelies. But if you want to pull those front wheels in the air your gonna need tbat bumper battery box for sure.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
moe7404

in there grand wisdom traxxas has 3 screws going into the bat box, with one coming from inside the gear box. well i fixed that, installed a 3mm brass insert in the gear box, with the screw going in through the bat box. this way ALL 3 screws go though the bat box first. now you dont have to take the trans apart to get the bat box off. try tonys screws for screws and brass inserts. if you dont feel like doing the mod, i could do it for you. you will need to ship all 3 trans cases, the bottom of the bat case. and the main frame. [email protected]
Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM
cooldriver385

I'm on a dirt road, so suspension and high ride height is definitely needed. Then when I take it over to the asphalt road, that's where the wheelie bar is especially needed.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
moe7404

well cooldriver sounds like you have it figured out. my bat went bad , new one was $18.00
Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
cooldriver385

It didn't go bad or anything. I had a Jato. Then dropped in a TRX 3.3 engine. Thus, I needed a wheelie bar. As the original Jato didn't have holes in the battery box/bumper.