RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Stadium Truck Racing???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
sho_shane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stadium Truck Racing???

What happen to Stadium Truck Racing? I have been out of the game for a long time and my XXX-NT use to be king. But I went to the local track and they said no one races 2 wheel drive anymore.

I say why, Why get rid of 2 wheel drive and only run 4 wheel drive? I LOVE 2 wheel drive for the extra challenge it takes to drive one. Its just crazy to me.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stadium Truck Racing???

2wd nitro used to be big, but eventually everyone switched over to 1/8th scale buggies. Buggies are tougher, easier to drive, etc.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:53 PM
E-JATO

Iraced my brushless jato with SC trucks and had a great race. was running a sidewinder sct with a 3800kv motor, 18t/62t gearing and came in 3rd. my jato was set up perfectly for tracks and if It wasnt for my battery comming loose during a jump Iwould have came in first.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 AM
sho_shane

I just know that I LOVED racing 2wd for the extra work it took to make them hook and go. I cant beleve how lazy people have gotten...[]
Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Ttowntoolman

2wd stadium truck racing is still alive when racing dirt oval. Both Nitro and electric were running at our home track all summer, although the 4wd latemodel class was much bigger.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:14 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: sho_shane

What happen to Stadium Truck Racing? I have been out of the game for a long time and my XXX-NT use to be king. But I went to the local track and they said no one races 2 wheel drive anymore.

I say why, Why get rid of 2 wheel drive and only run 4 wheel drive? I LOVE 2 wheel drive for the extra challenge it takes to drive one. Its just crazy to me.
1/8th scale nitro replaced the pathetic 1/10th scale (converted electric) 2wd nitro trucks. Everyone finally figured out nitro stinks, is bad for the environment, fuel got costly, and lipo and brushless technology has pretty much replaced nitros in all scales - but it's led to a rebirth in 1/10th scale electric racing.

Oh, and Short Course Truck Racing superceeded and replaced Stadium Truck Racing - the cab forward stupidity was the last straw (IMHO), as trucks stopped looking like trucks. Climb aboard the SCT bandwagon.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
djyjrlz

not sure thats 100% true, nitro rallycross (1/8 buggies) dwarf the number of short course trucks at my track. and to be honest i would rather own a buggy/truggy than a shortcourse any day. much nicer pieces of engineering.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: djyjrlz

not sure thats 100% true, nitro rallycross (1/8 buggies) dwarf the number of short course trucks at my track. and to be honest i would rather own a buggy/truggy than a shortcourseany day. much nicer pieces of engineering.
You're talking about over in the UK, where you guys are absolutely Buggy-Nuts (regardless the scale) - and I'm quite sure the majority of participants on this forum are U.S.-based.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 AM
sho_shane

To me its just the whole thing. I mean this use to be a hobby, now its more like a competitive sport. I miss Monster truck racing, and run what you brung...

Now people all look bad, not talking to anyone and not letting anyone see what they are running.

Too me its just sad... []
Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: sho_shane

To me its just the whole thing. I mean this use to be a hobby, now its more like a competitive sport. I miss Monster truck racing, and run what you brung...

Now people all look bad, not talking to anyone and not letting anyone see what they are running.

Too me its just sad... []
Then you haven't been in the hobby very long, because back in the day it REALLY used to be like that. Not so much anymore.

And with the internet, there's literally nothing secret - even team drivers winning set-ups are available online.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

not sure thats 100% true, nitro rallycross (1/8 buggies) dwarf the number of short course trucks at my track. and to be honest i would rather own a buggy/truggy than a shortcourse any day. much nicer pieces of engineering.
You're talking about over in the UK, where you guys are absolutely Buggy-Nuts (regardless the scale) - and I'm quite sure the majority of participants on this forum are U.S.-based.

What's your point?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

not sure thats 100% true, nitro rallycross (1/8 buggies) dwarf the number of short course trucks at my track. and to be honest i would rather own a buggy/truggy than a shortcourseany day. much nicer pieces of engineering.

What's your point?
Since my point succinct and clear, I don't think there's any reason to explain it any further.