Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Hpi mt2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM
joebickerton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi mt2 problems

hi all recently got a hpi mt2 cheap as a bargain with loads of spares etc. was running but then started to bog out on full throttle so played with the high speed needle and low which i wish i hadnt of done but now basically it wontstartor rev when started unless a lot of nitro is pumped through by pressing the nozzle on the fuel tank then when its used the nitro pushed through it will die and wont rev but when u do force it through u can rev it as if its all normal then just dies :/ it has the tamiya fs-sr18 engine so not the standard one with this model but i wondered if anyone could give a few tips on getting it going properly. ive tried finding out the factory hsn and lsn settings but with no luck. any help welcome thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hpi mt2 problems

I dont know what your needle settings are supposed to be, but it sounds like you have your low speed needle closed off too far. You need to richen (counter clockwise) the low speed needle until the engine starts to idle again. Basically, turn the needle out maybe 1/2 turn at a time until the engine starts to idle decent. Prime it, start it, if it dies quickly, richen it some more and repeat. Once it starts to idle some, then you will need to fine tune the low speed needle. If you are inexperienced with tuning, you can always start it, pinch the fuel line and count how long it takes it to die. If it takes 3-4 seconds, you should be close on the low speed needle. Once it is idling good, then start adjusting your high speed needle.

Really the best advice I can give is to watch some tuning video's on youtube. They show the symptoms of rich and lean settings. You will need to try to get your engine idling some before you can begin troubleshooting though.

I can take an engine that is completely out of whack and have it tuned correctly in a matter of minutes usually. It comes with experience. Just take your time and pay attention to the changes each needle makes and you should be able to get it going again. [8D]