Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Help with Factory Team Rc10gt2

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Nootnam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Factory Team Rc10gt2

Has anyone else had a problem with getting the starter box to make contact with the flywheel that comes with this car?

I put an O.S. .18tz in it and had to do a **** ton of mods to the chassis and motor mounts to allow for the engine to sit low enough so that the starter box wheel would turn the engine over and even now it grinds itself apart against the chassis.. Any help here would be great but I can get the car running so that's least important

The real issue is I can make the engine run great at low speeds and idle forever but as soon as I open it up it just dies.. Factory tune says high speed needle 2 full turns out from fully closed, but my engine is so rich it wont even start at anymore than 1 full turn out which seems very odd to me.. If I manually turn the flywheel, I can tell the piston is not sliding very smoothly in the sleeve but the car starts without trouble every time and idles and drives awesome at low speeds.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The starter box thing sounds like you have pull start motor mounts with a non p/s flywheel. Starter box wheel won't reach the flywheel. Shouldn't have to mod the chassis to use a starter box.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Nootnam

Originally Posted by Big Alice
The starter box thing sounds like you have pull start motor mounts with a non p/s flywheel. Starter box wheel won't reach the flywheel. Shouldn't have to mod the chassis to use a starter box.
It sure seems that way.. Except I bought the kit factory team version and it was specifically designed for a started box, so everything that comes with the kit should be suited to a started box right?
I have looked all over for motor mounts for the same car that will let the motor sit lower but cannot find them anywhere.. Why is the flywheel for pullstart engines larger in diameter than the starter box flywheel? My brother has a nitro xcellerater with the same exact engine and the only difference is his motor mounts are lower and his car starts fine with a starter box but his motor mounts will not fit to my chassis I pretty much need help finding motor mounts
Old 10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The ps motor mount is taller than the non p/s mount so the recoil starter will clear the chassis. The p/s flywheel having a larger diameter is to make up for the taller motor mount. You might try a p/s flywheel and see if the starter box wheel will reach it.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Nootnam

This is kind of ridiculous, you would think AE would make their **** work without having to go through all this.. Might be why the discontinued that car lol. I bought an older rc10gt flywheel that is 38mm diameter but the clutch shoe pins were closer together making it so the clutch shoes hit the clutch nut, spreading them out so the clutch bell didn't fit. I am going to order a ntc3 flywheel this time to see if it works. I think I am just going to go back to p/s and buy a new crankshaft because I had to mod that as well to get the back plate to fit.. So much work and man hours put into this car its ridiculous, though it is a big reason I love this hobby :P