Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Speed Junkie Looking A New Fix! Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Speed Junkie Looking A New Fix! Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
tes21966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Junkie Looking A New Fix! Help

I have been involved in RC for 10 years. I have mainly been involved with planes which I like them super fast too. I have a couple of RC cars and trucks now, a Revo, Slayer, and HPI Baja. I am looking very hard at the Jato because it does not require a smooth surface to really shine. I prefer Nitro over electric (I just like it better).

Here is my question....... From a speed/handling standpoint is the Jato the best choice? If not please lend me some advise for a nitro burning speed demon. I am very open to purchasing the needed hop ups to create my fire breathing monster.

Tommy
Old 11-06-2014, 12:12 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by tes21966
I have been involved in RC for 10 years. I have mainly been involved with planes which I like them super fast too. I have a couple of RC cars and trucks now, a Revo, Slayer, and HPI Baja. I am looking very hard at the Jato because it does not require a smooth surface to really shine. I prefer Nitro over electric (I just like it better).

Here is my question....... From a speed/handling standpoint is the Jato the best choice? If not please lend me some advise for a nitro burning speed demon. I am very open to purchasing the needed hop ups to create my fire breathing monster.

Tommy
Ive never owned a jato,but seen others that had them with mods.that made them extremely fast..Like stupid fast.
Some of them have a 21 size engine on.
I have an Ae rc10gt with an Os cvr 18 engine on it,an its stupid fast.An if I run it at full throttle down the street
with out the body,it will catch air in a hydroplane an flip on its back.
Os engines have plenty of power stock,you can also send it in to someone an have it modified..
Old 11-06-2014, 02:13 PM
tes21966

Thank you for your response cbaker65. LOL, I want stupid fast even if it means changing engines However, I want to avoid making major modifications. Want to stick with pretty much "drop-in" type replacements and upgrades as much as possible. One of my flying buddies once asked why I liked such fast planes. I responding by saying that the pieces fit in the trash bag much easier when gravity wins a round. Dale Earnhardt once said "That second place was the first to loose". Plane or car I want it to be capable of being first if I do my part.

Last edited by tes21966; 11-06-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I have a Jato and it indeed is fast. BUT you need lots of room to open it up. If you're only interested in straight line running, a jato is fine from a fast standpoint. I had mine geared 24/54 for speed but went down to a 22/58 and put some off road tires on it. It's still fast, just not 65mph fast. If I put a different engine in mine, I will likely get a Picco or Nova .12. I have a Ron Paris modified Novarossi .21 NIB that I might use if I don't find a buyer for it though a 3.5cc/.21 needs a lot of work to fit a Jato.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:21 PM
tes21966

Thank you. I am an idiot when it comes to rc cars, gear ratios, and how they size the engines. Not sure of which aftermarket options do what but getting ready for a crash course (Pun intended). The cars and trucks I have now all are 100% stock except for the pieces I have broken and replaced. TO ME the monster type trucks and off road type stuff is just ho-hum. Same with the airplanes, the 3D and pattern stuff is boring even though it requires more skill, I just got bored and wanted faster and enjoy that type of RC more.