Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Please help with fuel flow on earthquake 3.5 truck.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Please help with fuel flow on earthquake 3.5 truck.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Manblood40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with fuel flow on earthquake 3.5 truck.

Hi guys, I've been trying to fix my rc car for 10 hours now (not an exaggeration)- and I've basically done nothing. Basically, the fuel won't enter the carbeurator. I found out that if i take the tube out of the exhaust and the tube out the carbuerator, the fuel flows well if i breathe out into it. However, Nothing happens when the tube for the carburetor is out and I pull on the pullstart clogging the exhaust with my thumb. This is one problem- along with the fact that if i breathe out from the exhaust tube and the other tubes plugged into the carburetor- the fuel BARELY moves (basically not at all- stops at carburetor). Using the pull start clogging the exhaust while all tubes are connected doesn't move fuel at all (sometimes it seems like it's actually going backwards). PLEASE HELP- I'm getting hopeless :/
Old 09-07-2015, 07:07 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Either your idle needle and/or main needle is set way too lean or your idle stop is set too low or both. Increasing or decreasing the idle stop/idle gap/idle speed, the idle mixture is affected. Narrower gap/lower idle = leaner idle mixture. All this means is if you lower the idle speed, you need to richen the idle needle slightly. Same goes for increasing idle speed - you likely will need to slightly lean the idle needle.

Easy way to verify is open the throttle and blow into the pressure line to the tank. If fuel moves to the carb with the throttle open, you found the problem. If fuel doesn't move to the carb still, you have an obstruction in the tank or in the carburetor. Pull the main needle out and ensure the needle holder isn't full of crud. Use a fuel filter if the carb is obstructed and keep the fuel cleaner.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Manblood40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok got that to work- the clutch was broken.