Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Traxxas fuel oil %?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
WhopperMods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Traxxas fuel oil %?

Anyone know the oil % in traxxas "special" blended fuel?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:31 PM
WhopperMods

Or does anyone know if i can use 8% oil in a traxxas?
Old 01-28-2017, 06:03 PM
krokodyl

I have no Idea what oil % they use, they keep it a "secret". 8% will work, but unless you are a hardcore racer, more oil would be a good idea. I ran a gallon of 9% through my OS, and all is fine, but I plan to use more oil in the future to keep the engine happier.

Hubert
Old 01-29-2017, 06:32 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Traxxas engines much prefer 10-12% oil. I've used 8% in the past and wasn't happy with the results. This was on stock engines. Modified engines might manage more nitro and less oil better.

Traxxas fuel (at least the last can I had years ago) was/is around 16% oil that's supposed to be a blend of castor and synthetic, but I don't know what ratio the oil is. I suspect it's 80/20 synth/castor. I evaporated out a measured amount of fuel and found 16% oil in the can I had) I personally think a fuel with 10-12% oil is better (at least 30-40% of that being castor) - that high oil RTR fuel is junk. I never liked how that fuel tuned. I mix my own fuel - I use 14% oil to break-in and drop to 11% oil for regular running (I do 1/2 gallon of break-in brew in buggy/truck engines). 8% oil is for racing only really and not wise to use for bashing - especially in a RTR engine.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:21 PM
WhopperMods

Yea im going to use my last 8% on it but ill use 10% in the future and even if the engine blows new parts or even engine are actually cheap compared to others.