Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

? for anyone that has any expierience with a nitro evader st

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

? for anyone that has any expierience with a nitro evader st

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 01:13 PM
icyunvmyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for anyone that has any expierience with a nitro evader st

Ive had my nitro evader st for 3 days now and im havin fun with it.. All except that i cant keep the back wheels planted in corners.... it gets no traction. I was just wondering what other people that have actual 1st hand expierince with this truck think about it. Also what upgrades were made/or can be made to increase traction besides tires, suspension setups and slip control? is there any magic trick i can do to keep the back tires planted besides being a better driver? Also im hearing some kind of crackling sound coming from the receiver or maybe its the throttle servo but i think it might just need new batteries. Also im needing a new body cuz mine is cracking, so im wondering how universal are bodies? Will a rc10gt or a losi xxxnt body fit or will i have to hack at the bodies to make em work? Thanks for all the help!!
Old 12-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Old Bill

Default RE: ? for anyone that has any expierience with a nitro evader st

I have a Nitro Evader and it is hard to control in the corners with the DTX .18 engine. The things I have done are:

1. Replace your steering servo with a high torque metal gear one. If your's hasn't stripped out yet, it will soon.
2. Adjust your shock hight so the A arms are level in the front, but sag slightly in the back.
3. Play with your shock positioning, I've got mine in the back at fully to the inside on top and in the middle on the bottom. I also
positioned the hub spacers to increase the wheelbase slightly. On the front, I have the top of my shocks at the furthest outside
hole and the middle hole on the bottom. I've also changed the shock fluid to 50wt silicon. All of these things will be dependent
on your track conditions, size of jumps, etc.
4. If you're running on loose dirt, Pro-line step pins will work better than the bow ties.
5. Play with your slip adjustment
6. If you can find a clutch housing with a 16, or 17 tooth gear on it give that a try. I haven't found one yet that wll fit.
7. Most important, practice thottle control. You can't just nail it coming out of a corner or coming off the line.
8. Pretty much any 1/10th scale stadium truck body will fit with minimum trimming.

Good luck.

Bill
Old 12-18-2003, 09:50 PM
icyunvmyrc

Default RE: ? for anyone that has any expierience with a nitro evader st

Thanks for all that information, gives me alot of ideas on settings. I just switched fuel % so im gonna go and 'try' to tune it. wish me luck lol