Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
xxSLiMxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Hey guys! Do any of you know how set up a OFNA fail safe with a spectrum 3100 reciver? I keep trying an have no luck what so ever.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:43 PM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: caspar21

the .18ss

in our local group we have 2 others.. one is a original mt2 with the t-15 and another that is a g3.0

you want to know something nuts the tz has not ever blown a diff but the cvr is the one that keps destroying them. Im going to have to figure something out man Im running out of parts lol
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
ShoestringRacer

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

I havent tried any of my trucks on the beach yet. One of these days Ill get a chance to.
Do you live on the Island or are you in Manhattan?
I'm on the Island near the Queens/Nassau County borderline. You in NYC?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 AM
usmcpunk
My Feedback: (7)

hey guys what bodies will fit on a MT2? I need a new body but i want something new not just the regular hpi bodies.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
KeithjV

Im out in Suffolk.
Any 1/10th body will fit. You just might have to trim it a little bit.

xxs what kind of problem are you having?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM
xxSLiMxx

When i set it up like its suppost to be and turn the TX off it goes to full break like it should but 2 sec later the RX turns off and it goes to nutral. Is there anyway around the spectrum failsafe?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
KeithjV

Yes. Take out the ofna failsafe. Rebind the receiver with the trigger in the neutral position, so that when you turn the radio off nothing happens. The reconnect the ofna failsafe and set the failsafe on that.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
xxSLiMxx

Try that and it still not working like it should.....i think i might have to leave it and just hope i dont get a "run-a-way"
Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
KeithjV

Is the ofna binding correctly? Are you batteries fully charged?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
xxSLiMxx

There new batterys, and i looked up the proper way to install the failsafe. It works, but right after the reciver shuts off and it goes back into nutrual.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
KeithjV

hm, thats odd. Do you have another receiver to test it on? Preferrably not a spektrum?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
xxSLiMxx

I tryed it on my other (2) sepctrum recivers and same thing happen. I only have spectrum stuff so i can try it on something else.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
KeithjV

Maybe take it to your lhs and see if they have another radio you can test it on. It could be a bad failsafe
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
eminentguitar

Do any of you guys have the hpi purple glow plug igniter with the volt meter? I bough one and the volt meter doesnt work. Does anyone have a problem with the radio tray filling up with dirt?

Keith what did you do to mount the spectrum switch in your mt2? Mine is to small for the mt2
Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
matthew300ex

i have a mt2 with a t-15 engine. what is the best glow plug to use in it?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
eminentguitar

Im going to say a hot plug usually the smaller engines use hotter plugs and the bugger they get the cooler the plug. Any brand of hot plug will work good for you man just make sure its not a turbo plug and take yours with you when you go to buy it sometimes but not all the time some plugs might be to long so try to get one that is the same longth as yours.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 AM
mojavemonster

ANOTHER HOME-MADE SCRATCH BUILD.

I want to build a 1/10 CORR Pro-Lite / Pro-2 truck to go with my 1/5 Pro-4. I have a rear axle already. Want to use a modified MT2 front set up. I was looking at New Era's front a-arms and was wondering if they are pretty strong or if there is something stronger? I'll be running my HPI .25 and I love the look of the stock tires. Also will show the Slash body or the New Era Slash.

So I need Heavy Duty arms......
Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 AM
eminentguitar

the new era arms are alright man but you have to remember that aluminum will bend most parts that you can get for the mt2 (alloy) are not made from the same alloy that other brands use like integy the mt2 parts like the new era and GPM are a softer alloy. I have put my mt2 through alot of crap and have the alloy arms all around but the moment you run into something sollid they bend. I have the plastic mt2 arms on my other nitro (redcat tsunami) and have never ever ever broken one check out these 2 videos of my tsunami and you will see how strong the mt2 plastic arms are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f69wxNHakLo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-e8_z6ZvLg
Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
eminentguitar

I like your pics man killer looking truck
Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 AM
mojavemonster

I like your pics man killer looking truck
You talkin about my "Project Hard-CORR"? If so thanks man.

Wow ....what a hit. You still have that chassis? The front half seemed pretty straight in the 2nd vid. You don't wanna sell the chassis do ya? This would work out pretty well cuz the rear will be straight axle. Let me know.

So plastic better than alumi......but I gotta have some typre of alloy. I'll chech out these Integy you speak of.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
muddyninja1

hey guys, its been awhile. i have a silly question for you all. my mt2 has been starting great, then this morning, i started it, drove for about 5 minutes or so, and it died. its got plenty of fuel, batteries are new. i tried to start it and after a few hits with the rotostart i noticed that the fuel wasn't filling the tube to the carb. i tried to prime it but everytime you push the tank plunger in, the fuel moves up to the carb, but as i release the plunger the fuel backs it way back into the tank. i can't get it to stay when i release the plunger. i can't find any holes in the fuel line. what else can cause this? is there a hole in the fuel line that i'm missing? any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: muddyninja1

hey guys, its been awhile. i have a silly question for you all. my mt2 has been starting great, then this morning, i started it, drove for about 5 minutes or so, and it died. its got plenty of fuel, batteries are new. i tried to start it and after a few hits with the rotostart i noticed that the fuel wasn't filling the tube to the carb. i tried to prime it but everytime you push the tank plunger in, the fuel moves up to the carb, but as i release the plunger the fuel backs it way back into the tank. i can't get it to stay when i release the plunger. i can't find any holes in the fuel line. what else can cause this? is there a hole in the fuel line that i'm missing? any suggestions?
Have a look at your glow plug make sure its still good, dont worry to much about the fuel going back into the tank that happens to me all the time, you just need to get the motor going to build up pressuer in the tank to push the fuel into the carb. Good luck, let us know what happens.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
KeithjV

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

Do any of you guys have the hpi purple glow plug igniter with the volt meter? I bough one and the volt meter doesnt work. Does anyone have a problem with the radio tray filling up with dirt?

Keith what did you do to mount the spectrum switch in your mt2? Mine is to small for the mt2
I had a racers edge igniter with a meter and the meter didnt seem to do anything. I dont think they are very accurate on any brand igniter.
If the radio tray is closed with the pin in place there should be no real way for dirt to get in unless the opening for the servo wires is too large.
I didnt have any problems with the switch on mine, it was a direct fit. Does your switch mount on the side or the top?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

I had a racers edge igniter with a meter and the meter didnt seem to do anything. I dont think they are very accurate on any brand igniter.
If the radio tray is closed with the pin in place there should be no real way for dirt to get in unless the opening for the servo wires is too large.
I didnt have any problems with the switch on mine, it was a direct fit. Does your switch mount on the side or the top?
My igniter is the same way, its got the meter on top but dosent really work. Invest in a cheep spare one just incase the first one dies.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
kargi

hi guys, I bought a hpi 1200mah 6v pack and a simple charger (ace rc). have a problem: when I plug it black to black, red to red the led (it writes rx on top) isnt lighting. however when I do the wrong colors, led is ok. Which one should I thurst? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.